$16 muffins and $8 cups of coffee. WTF?

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
And we wonder why this country is going to hell in a hand basket...or at least in someone elses pocketbook.

$16 muffins and $8 cups of coffee? :wtf: I what to be THAT caterer!!!

A five-day conference in August 2009 at the Capital Hilton in Washington to train immigration lawyers saved money by serving only snacks. But it still cost $4,200 for 250 muffins and $2,880 for 300 cookies and brownies, more than $16 a muffin and nearly $10 per cookie and brownie.

Look closely... the SAVED money by ONLY paying for $16 muffins and $8 cups of coffee. ....$10 cookies??.... :wtf:

16 Dollar Muffins and Taxpayers Pick up the Tab - Congressman Steven C. LaTourette

Last edited:
Hey.. they work for the government, they are special, lets "Raise taxes on the rich" They can pay for this stuff.:cuckoo:

And we wonder why this country is going to hell in a hand basket...or at least in someone elses pocketbook.

A five-day conference in August 2009 at the Capital Hilton in Washington to train immigration lawyers saved money by serving only snacks. But it still cost $4,200 for 250 muffins and $2,880 for 300 cookies and brownies, more than $16 a muffin and nearly $10 per cookie and brownie.

Look closely... the SAVED money by ONLY paying for $16 muffins and $8 cups of coffee. ....$10 cookies??.... :wtf:

16 Dollar Muffins and Taxpayers Pick up the Tab - Congressman Steven C. LaTourette

Hmm, 2007. Yea, I'd be mad to.

The department said that it had brought such spending under better control in the 2010 and 2011 fiscal years, which were outside the scope of the audit.

Moreover, the department told auditors that some food costs were exaggerated because of the way deals with the hotels were often structured: the hotels provided "free" meeting space in exchange for an agreement to use their pricey food and beverage services.

• Banned

The department said that it had brought such spending under better control in the 2010 and 2011 fiscal years, which were outside the scope of the audit.

Moreover, the department told auditors that some food costs were exaggerated because of the way deals with the hotels were often structured: the hotels provided "free" meeting space in exchange for an agreement to use their pricey food and beverage services.

I have yet to come across ANY hotel where a muffin is $16...even on room service....and i stay at some damn pricey hotels.

The quote is from 2009. I am not saying its just obama..... you hack idiot..... its all of them. It is a culture of spending. ALL of them, ALL politicians having fun on the public dime... I am not picking and choosing party here.

Dude! Read!
"A five-day conference in August 2009 at the Capital Hilton in Washington to train immigration lawyers saved money by serving only snacks. But it still cost $4,200 for 250 muffins and $2,880 for 300 cookies and brownies, more than $16 a muffin and nearly $10 per cookie and brownie"

Look I've creatively edited a few expense reports myself. And I've seen my employees come up with some whoppers. So here's what really happened.

Muffins were delivered by Muffin Mary and came with 2 strippers. A whole busload of FED lawyers can't risk going out to a strip club -- so they ordered in.. Back in D.C. the "muffin" jokes had the office reeling for 3 or 4 weeks..

The truth is out there..

Imagine, you could sell the same things for half the price and still make out like a bandit. Who says America isn't the land of opportunity?

I've had a $10 cup of coffee twice. It was delicious.

Did YOU pay for it or did the taxpayers pay for that cup of coffee?

I have no problem paying for my own indulgences. My money... my coffee.

I've had a $10 cup of coffee twice. It was delicious.

Did YOU pay for it or did the taxpayers pay for that cup of coffee?

I have no problem paying for my own indulgences. My money... my coffee.

It's pretty outrageous.

But I thought you guys love free enterprise. :dunno:

You do know you're making yourself look silly, right?

You don't mind paying for this kind of bullshit, great. You pay for it. Personally, I am sick and tired of public officials wasting my money.

That better be some DAMN fine motherfucking coffee.

That better be some DAMN fine motherfucking coffee.

No doubt, if I'm paying that much for a cup of coffee there better be a couple shots of Hennessy in there.

Forum List

Back