$15 minimum wage would destroy 1.4 Million jobs

As long as employers have such an easy time finding great workers the wage isn't going up.

how many times do I have to tell you that the people making 7.25 an hour are going to be the ones most likely to lose their jobs? ...
Blues Man, jobs’ wage rates are not of lesser importance than the wages amount or availability of jobs.
Increased costs for public assistance and unemployment insurance are economically preferable to the detrimental effects due to reductions of federal minimum wage rate’s purchasing power.
Respectfully, Supposn

That doesn't mean that the people making the least will not see the most job losses
Businesses downsize and cut jobs merely for the bottom line. Why should anyone believe right wingers actually care about lost jobs due to a wage increase?

When you stop looking at the world in 2 dimensions let me know until then I have no time to waste conversing with people with a world view that consists of 2 pigeonholes.
I could say the same about you. You only seem to complain about job losses for the Poor, when there is a wage increase in it for them.
I don't need to put everything into 2 little boxes like you do.

Everyone you disagree with is a "right winger" and everyone you agree with is a "left winger"

You can't seem to realize that there are other options.

And I'm nt complaining about job losses at all. I am merely telling you what will happen if the MW is more than doubled but you refuse to believe it.......................................................
No everyone of you are a Hate Nazi and sold out your country which makes what you say nothin to even consider. You lost your voice in this country. Your a traitor and we shoot traitors in this country. You just a Dog to kick at this point.

"In the long term". Nice, because that's what I've been saying. The market can handle MW increases if it is allowed to adjust to them over time. Double it overnight and it's a recipe for disaster. Anyway, there is nothing preventing states and cities from enacting their own MW. Why aren't you complaining about your local government?
What disaster are you referring to? The minimum wage increase could be coupled with tax considerations for businesses to help overcome the price shock. Unemployment compensation could be more comprehensive. And, higher paid labor will create more in demand and generate more tax revenue. Policies that resort to automatic stabilization should be the key to more economically efficient public policies.
Hell a 15 dollar minimum wage is just the beginning, all the new wealth of this country since Reagan s trickle down lie has gone to the golden few at the top, for 40 years . Now we write tax law and benefits to do the complete opposite for the next 40 years and all the new wealth goes to everyone other then the golden few, Seems fair to me. To be fair taxes will go up massively for the Wealthy.

And the people who lose their jobs won't. The people who keep their jobs will have decreased purchasing power so it ain't gonna be the big economic lift you think it will be.
Why do you believe persons nearly doubling their wage will have decreased purchasing power? Statements like that are usually nothing but right wing propaganda yet you would have us believe you are not a right winger.
You can't believe one word a Hate Nazi says.

What is to the contrary?

In economics, the marginal propensity to consume (MPC) is a metric that quantifies induced consumption, the concept that the increase in personal consumer spending (consumption) occurs with an increase in disposable income (income after taxes and transfers). -- Marginal propensity to consume - Wikipedia
You keep ignoring the many that you will throw out of work and into dependence on welfare.
There is no law requiring capitalists to cut jobs when they could simply and easily pass on that cost to their consumers.
You clearly have no idea how hard it is for a single company to raise prices if the competition is not also doing it. If they raise prices while others do not, they lose business. Sane people know that.
I only clearly have some idea why you keep missing the point about a Statutory change to the minimum wage. It is why I have a difficult time believing right wingers are serious about the topics they allege to care about.

I have stated more than thrice (after thrice it is just a vice), that all of that single company's competition is going to be in the same boat regarding a Statutory minimum wage.

"In the long term". Nice, because that's what I've been saying. The market can handle MW increases if it is allowed to adjust to them over time. Double it overnight and it's a recipe for disaster. Anyway, there is nothing preventing states and cities from enacting their own MW. Why aren't you complaining about your local government?
What disaster are you referring to? The minimum wage increase could be coupled with tax considerations for businesses to help overcome the price shock. Unemployment compensation could be more comprehensive. And, higher paid labor will create more in demand and generate more tax revenue. Policies that resort to automatic stabilization should be the key to more economically efficient public policies.
Yeah, yeah, there's that old schtick again, claiming they would cut taxes so business could pay higher wages, even though you know democrats won't let that happen. And no, UC cannot become welfare and still work the way it does. The rest of what you said is nonsense slogans.
I am claiming businesses can handle the short term "shock" to the market with tax considerations. Why wouldn't democrats be for it if it can decrease Republican resistance to the idea and get it passed easier?

And, unemployment compensation cannot be confused with means tested welfare since it actually solves for simple poverty by solving for deleterious effects of Capitalism's natural rate of unemployment in a market friendly manner.

Hell a 15 dollar minimum wage is just the beginning, all the new wealth of this country since Reagan s trickle down lie has gone to the golden few at the top, for 40 years . Now we write tax law and benefits to do the complete opposite for the next 40 years and all the new wealth goes to everyone other then the golden few, Seems fair to me. To be fair taxes will go up massively for the Wealthy.
I agree that we should be solving this dilemma in a market friendly manner so that Labor as the least wealthy can afford our first world economy.

Why should government decide where the wealth goes? That's what the market is for.

Why should government decide where the wealth goes? That's what the market is for.
Corporate welfare is alive and well and tax cuts help the richest the mostest.

Blues Man, possibly you may be correct.
But it does mean in aggregate, lower wage workers and families derive the greatest net financial benefits from the federal minimum wage rate. That remains true even when including unemployed workers and unemployed members of lower wage-earning families.

Paradoxically, it’s the employed and the unemployed lower wage-earning workers, and all of their dependents residing in states with lesser regard for them, (i.e. states that do not enforce higher than the federal minimum rate within their jurisdictions), that are proportional their incomes, the greater beneficiaries due the federal minimum wage rate. …
That doesn't change the reality that the worst hit with job losses will be the ones on the bottom rung of the ladder.
Hadit, you and Blues Man make the same point and possibly you’re both correct. But fully acknowledging and with due consideration for your point, the federal minimum wage rate is net beneficial to our nation's economic and social welfare and it is proportionally of greater benefit to USA’s aggregate employed plus unemployed lower wage-rate earning workers and members of their lower income families.
Respectfully, Supposn

Last edited:

If that was a case they wouldn't have sold the trickle down lie to the right wing brainless

the federal minimum wage rate is net beneficial to our economic and social welfare
Prove it.
Whining ToddsterPatriot, you’re unable to reconcile your opinions with the U.S. Congressional Budget Office’s, (i.e. CBO’s) published projections regarding the House’s proposed “Raise the Wage Act” bill, and your own opinions. You are among the proponents of economic policies that promote a more robust commercial sector.
I no less than you support our nations domestic and foreign commerce. But I’m among those opposed to favoring immediate commercial gains that disfavor our population’s life standards.

The purpose of our economic policies should not be enabling our population to better support commerce, but rather for our commercial sector to best support our population’s life standards. The policies you advocate are detrimental to the eventual best interests of both our nation’s commerce and our population’s wellbeing.

My position relies upon the CBO's entire projections regarding the proposed “Raise the Wage” bill; you choose to ignore any of its portions that conflict with your opinions. Respectfully, Supposn

Last edited:
the federal minimum wage rate is net beneficial to our economic and social welfare
Prove it.
Whining ToddsterPatriot, you’re unable to reconcile your opinions with the U.S. Congressional Budget Office’s, (i.e. CBO’s) published projections regarding the House’s proposed “Raise the Wage Act” bill, and your own opinions. You are among the proponents of economic policies that promote a more robust commercial sector.
I no less than you support our nations domestic and foreign commerce. But I’m among those opposed to favoring immediate commercial gains that disfavor our population’s life standards.

The purpose of our economic policies should not be enabling our population to better support commerce, but rather for our commercial sector to best support our population’s life standards. The policies you advocate are detrimental to the eventual best interests of both our nation’s commerce and our population’s wellbeing.

My position relies entirely upon the CBO's entire projections regarding the proposed “Raise the Wage” bill; you choose to ignore any of its portions that conflict with your opinions. Respectfully, Supposn

Are you going to prove it?
Or just mumble some more?

Are you going to prove it? Or just mumble some more?
Whining ToddsterPatriot, my position relies upon the CBO's entire projections regarding the proposed “Raise the Wage” bill; you choose to ignore any of its portions that conflict with your opinions. Respectfully, Supposn

New Topics

Forum List

Back