$15,000 per YEAR?!? :wtf:

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
I think I just heard that health insurance premiums are "once again surging and the national average for a family of 4 is going up to $15,000 per year".
That's supposed to include both employer & employee contributions, and it's just the premiums - nothing out of pocket.

:wtf:
:dunno: How can that possibly be the average?​

:eusa_think: I suppose that since me & my average family of 2 currently spend $7,300 per year in precious healthcare dollars, whether we see a doctor or not, the guaranteed expenditures of precious healthcare dollars for a clan of 4 being expected to go up to $15,000 is not the bombshell that the headline suggests.

How many of you little bastards are unlucky enough to need to spend $15,000 per year on healthcare? I certainly haven't come close to being anything but food for my private health care bureaucracy, and $7,300 is more than a pint or two. Mosquitoes are annoying but vampires gotta be eliminated.

:dunno: Who thought up the stupid rule that health insurance should be an 'Employment Benefit' that you can opt to pay for?

Would it make sense to tie my auto insurance or my property insurance to my job?

Chumps. Every fucking one of us.

Now, put this in your tax-paying pipe and smoke it:

Most of us willingly let these blood-suckers tap us our entire working lives "just in case" and then laugh as they dump us on the backs of our tax-paying kids via Medicare just when some claims and visits to the Doc are starting to happen at age 65.

Chump? :dunno: Slave?

Last edited:
I think I just heard that health insurance premiums are "once again surging and the national average for a family of 4 is going up to $15,000 per year"...
You may have been hearing about Employer Health Benefits 2011 Annual Survey - Kaiser Family Foundation and this info:
healthins.png

I think I just heard that health insurance premiums are "once again surging and the national average for a family of 4 is going up to $15,000 per year"...
You may have been hearing about Employer Health Benefits 2011 Annual Survey - Kaiser Family Foundation and this info:
healthins.png

$5,000 + per person per year plus out of pocket expenses and Medicare taxes.

No wonder they take corporate jets to Aruba for annual "Marketing" meetings.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVOiJm8mUBY]The Chump Song - Lustre Junk (Pretty Black Dots) - YouTube[/ame]

And Obamacare started out with the Idea that they would make healthcare insurance more affordable.... Then they decided that wasn't as important as they thought.....

And Obamacare started out with the Idea that they would make healthcare insurance more affordable.... Then they decided that wasn't as important as they thought.....

Obama's first failure of leadership was when he signed that lobbyist penned pile of corruption and give aways instead of telling Nancy & Harry to shove it up their asses and come back with a public option like he asked for in the first place.

The republicans were no help in the process either, sucking lobby cock for campaign money in exchange for pages of bullshit in the bill.

Obama's first failure of leadership was when he signed that lobbyist penned pile of corruption and give aways instead of telling Nancy & Harry to shove it up their asses and come back with a public option like he asked for in the first place.

The republicans were no help in the process either, sucking lobby cock for campaign money in exchange for pages of bullshit in the bill.

It is the most worthless piece of legislation ever passed. By either party. They completely disregarded the objectives. And not one of them give a shit.

I think I just heard that health insurance premiums are "once again surging and the national average for a family of 4 is going up to $15,000 per year".
That's supposed to include both employer & employee contributions, and it's just the premiums - nothing out of pocket.

:eusa_think: I suppose that since me & my average family of 2 currently spend $7,300 per year in precious healthcare dollars, whether we see a doctor or not, the guaranteed expenditures of precious healthcare dollars for a clan of 4 being expected to go up to $15,000 is not the bombshell that the headline suggests.

How many of you little bastards are unlucky enough to need to spend $15,000 per year on healthcare? I certainly haven't come close to being anything but food for my private health care bureaucracy, and $7,300 is more than a pint or two. Mosquitoes are annoying but vampires gotta be eliminated.

:dunno: Who thought up the stupid rule that health insurance should be an 'Employment Benefit' that you can opt to pay for?

Would it make sense to tie my auto insurance or my property insurance to my job?

Most of us willingly let these blood-suckers tap us our entire working lives "just in case" and then laugh as they dump us on the backs of our tax-paying kids via Medicare just when some claims and visits to the Doc are starting to happen at age 65.

15K... they will still lose money on me...... One ER visit last year was 14k and that does not include everything else.

15K... they will still lose money on me...... One ER visit last year was 14k and that does not include everything else.
I'm an insurance company dream.
I probably haven't had $15k worth of medical expenses in the past 15 years combined.

Last December I stumbled one night on my way to bed, as I put my hand out to steady myself I shattered a picture hanging on the wall and cut my finger. It was bleeding pretty bad, so I couldn't really tell how much damage was done, so I wrapped it tight to stop the bleeding and went to bed. The next morning I unwrapped it and saw exposed bone, so I went to my GP to get sewn up. I think it cost 4 or 5 hundred bucks (much less than an ER visit would have been). I didn't know you could put 14 stitches in a pinky finger. To this day, half the finger is still numb.
That's the costliest medical care incident I've had in probably 20 years.

I probably haven't had $15k worth of medical expenses in the past 15 years combined.

Last December I stumbled one night on my way to bed, as I put my hand out to steady myself I shattered a picture hanging on the wall and cut my finger. It was bleeding pretty bad, so I couldn't really tell how much damage was done, so I wrapped it tight to stop the bleeding and went to bed. The next morning I unwrapped it and saw exposed bone, so I went to my GP to get sewn up. I think it cost 4 or 5 hundred bucks (much less than an ER visit would have been). I didn't know you could put 14 stitches in a pinky finger. To this day, half the finger is still numb.

Knock on wood :)

can you say rape.

Thank Obama care, the best friend an insurance company ever had. Of course the small fry get screwed yet again but hey they believed all that hopey changy shit...they can suffer for it now.

Knock on wood :)

It's a game of statistics and denying claims. They'll make money on both of you or make certain one of you is no longer covered in time.

Now how do you expect to have a recovery if we do not spend more for what we already buy.
The health care industry is a beacon of economic vibrancy in our lackluster economy. Be proud of that!

First and foremost....insurance premiums go up as a domino effect of rising hospital costs due to non-payment of others.
As well as hospitals passing on costs due to non-payment and ever decreasing payment from medicare.
As well as passing on cost of unnecessary tests to avoid risk of lawsuits.

In other words....everyone is concentrating once again on the symptoms rather than the cause.

Last edited:
First and foremost....insurance premiums go up as a domino effect of rising hospital costs due to non-payment of others.
As well as hospitals passing on costs due to non-payment and ever decreasing payment from medicare.

And unnecessary tests to make a profit. Often times the doctors send you to a MRI center or such that they have a vested finiancial interest in.

And unnecessary tests to make a profit. Often times the doctors send you to a MRI center or such that they have a vested finiancial interest in.

I have little doubt that goes on as well.
But that wouldn't affect rising cost of healthcare, barely a blip when compared to above.

A 300% increase in ten year?!

And still some of you believe that the invisible hand of the market will sagely solve the health care delivery system crises.

Invisible Hand of the Market faith-based thinking at its finest.

A friend just took a new job and during his 90 days of probation, he pays COBRA for him and his three kids and gets reimbursed. Then he gets the company's benefits after that. The first Cobra bill came in and it's ~$2,200/month, so $15K doesn't seem out of line at all.

New Topics

Forum List

Back