130-tonne 'monster fatberg' clogs London sewer

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Mmmm...... yummy. Makes me want to go chow down now. Who doesn't know you aren't supposed to pour oil or grease down your kitchen sink. We rarely fry anything in my household, but on the rare occasion that we do I pour the left over oil and grease in the rocks next to my driveway.

London (AFP) - Sewage workers have found a 130-tonne ball of congealed fat -- dubbed a "monster fatberg" -- clogging a Victorian-era sewer in London, utility company Thames Water said Tuesday.

Engineers expect it will take up to three-weeks to remove the rock-solid mass of festering food fat mixed with sanitary wipes found in drains under a major road in Whitechapel, east London.

130-tonne 'monster fatberg' clogs London sewer

GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :puke3:

I think they called the Ghost Busters for this one. And Venkman was slimed again.

130 tons, 260,000 lbs of fat. That is a vat of fat.

ewww.

I guess "city folk" don't have to think about what you should and should not put down the drain as much as us rural septic users. We use cans and throw our bacon and hamburger fats away after they've congealed, if we have like rib water or the like we dump it in a little swampy area we turned into a compost pile - the neighbors chickens just love slipping through the fence boards to snack on the worms heh

Forum List

Back