12th graders: 37% reading proficiency, 24% math proficiency

The schools are no longer academically inclined. They are indoctrination centers. ...

When was the last time you were in one?

Long enough ago to have gotten an actual education, without one clue as to who our teachers were going to vote for...

So you admit you have no idea what is going on in schools today. You are just repeating talking points.

I'll go you one better; my students don't know and don't care who I'm going to vote for.

I admit nothing of the kind. Funny, that on this page right below your post is:
A Columbia University professor tweeted that the American flag is a “symbol of genocide.”
Our children are idiots. ...

University students are not "children." As for "idiots," you've got that title all wrapped up, champ.
Not my figures:

The 2019 results for 12th grade student achievement just came out for the United States:

37% reading proficiency

24% math proficiency

Idiots...

Schools are failing... and just think, neither candidate is really hammering this point. I know Trump is going to push school choice in his next four years... man, it can't get here fast enough. Where is the outrage?

12th grade students: 37% reading proficiency, 24% math proficiency... ugh
The 2019 results for 12th grade student achievement just came out for the United States:
37% reading proficiency
24% math proficiency
- Corey A. DeAngelis
LINK
Hey FuckRodgers, when are you going to read? That's not what the study showed. It shows 37% above reading proficency and 24% above math proficincy. Do you even know what the NAEP is? I doubt it very seriously of you would know that it is a tiny percentage of public schools. It is just like the polls that show Biden beating Trump by double digits. We all know that isn't happening.

What [the fuck] are these numbers supposed to mean? "37% reading proficiency." Does that mean that only 37% tested at "proficient" at grade level? 24% in math?

Where does the standard come from? What is the expected or desired number? 100%? 75%?

School performance is all over the lot, depending largely on the prosperity and demographics of the local population. Does it make sense to give the entire country a single "grade"?

If only 24% of American HS seniors are reasonably proficient at math, that is an indictment of PUBLIC EDUCATION, and would indicate that it is failing.

Not to mention that this 2020-21 academic year is a JOKE, so things won't be getting better any time soon.

Forum List

Back