12 things that I have found about scooters, that are better than motorcycles

AndyE

Rookie
Oct 13, 2021
The motorcycle, if it's the right platform, may have absolute top speed advantage, of course, overridden by speed limits..
But these are what I have found to be better about the scooter platforms, than motorcycles.

#1. Scooters are lighter, and easier to turn with your hips as is how you turn a scooter.

#2 Scooters, being lighter, can be pushed much easier to a gas station if necessary, albeit uncomfortably.

A motorcycle can weigh closer to a small car, than to a large man or two, or a lion.

#3 Scooters are much more forgiving on turns than motorcycles are.
A motorcycle is just a very heavy load on two wheels.

#3. If your brakes fail on a scooter, you can just let go of the throttle, and it will Automatically slow down to a stop.

A motorcycle with no brakes is a runaway vehicle carrying you with it.

#4. On a scooter, your legs are nowhere near the hot tail pipe, firstly, the tail pipe is covered.
And secondly, your feet are in front of you.

This is an advantage in two ways..

It has more personal emergency medical transportation capability.

And, it keeps your legs away from the tail pipe.
It is also a more natural sitting position.

On a motorcycle, the tail pipe is always a looming threat...

And if you have a leg injury and need to go to the hospital, a motorcycle is useless, or worse...
The forward leg position is more relaxing, which is why.

#5.Scooters are far less expensive...
Which allows me better housing with it.

#6. An Automatic transmission on a scooter gives you much more time paying attention to the road, and thus, giving you much more time to react.

#7. Scooters have much shorter stopping distances.

#8. It's much more maneuverable than a motorcycle platform.

#9. Simple operation makes It much easier to get a motorcycle license on an eligible scooter platform.

#10. Scooters get much better fuel economy, and uses cleaner fuel because of higher octane requirements that the scooter does have.

#11. Scooters are quieter, whereas motorcycles are not as common as they could be, because the overbearing, scary noise, and the unnatural, unergonomic way a motorcycle operates, makes them less common than they could be.

#12. Scooters are far less of a chore just for transportation, while meeting and exceeding any speed requirements on the interstate.

:)

Dude. You haven't a clue. All you're doing is demonstrating that you have no experience of riding a variety of motorcycles.

• Banned
#13 Scooters don't make as big a dent in the side of my truck when I run one over.

But they do make a bigger dent in your wrists when the handcuffs go on for assault and battery and attempted murder..or murder.
So I fucking dare your retarded faggoty punk ass to try it...
Dexter Johnson lol

The motorcycle, if it's the right platform, may have absolute top speed advantage, of course, overridden by speed limits..
But these are what I have found to be better about the scooter platforms, than motorcycles.

#1. Scooters are lighter, and easier to turn with your hips as is how you turn a scooter.

#2 Scooters, being lighter, can be pushed much easier to a gas station if necessary, albeit uncomfortably.

A motorcycle can weigh closer to a small car, than to a large man or two, or a lion.

#3. If your brakes fail on a scooter, you can just let go of the throttle, and it will Automatically slow down to a stop.

#4. On a scooter, your legs are nowhere near the hot tail pipe, firstly, the tail pipe is covered.

And if you have a leg injury and need to go to the hospital, a motorcycle is useless, or worse...

#6. An Automatic transmission on a scooter gives you much more time paying attention to the road, and thus, giving you much more time to react.

#9. Simple operation makes It much easier to get a motorcycle license on an eligible scooter platform.

#10. Scooters get much better fuel economy, and uses cleaner fuel because of higher octane requirements that the scooter does have.

#11. Scooters are quieter, whereas motorcycles are not as common as they could be, because the overbearing, scary noise, and the unnatural, unergonomic way a motorcycle operates, makes them less common than they could be.

#12. Scooters are far less of a chore just for transportation, while meeting and exceeding any speed requirements on the interstate.

You're already cracking me up.

But they do make a bigger dent in your wrists when the handcuffs go on for assault and battery and attempted murder..or murder.
Dexter Johnson lol

Ride in front of me and prove your manliness on your little "I got a DUI and think I can still legally ride a motorized bicycle" self, young lady.

Dexter Johnson lol

Lighten up francis, it was a joke.

iu

CVT's suck. Small wheels suck. It is unattractive to ride a vehicle that is maxed out at 65mph.

The super-scooters (Burgman 650, BMW's, etc) are more than satisfactory at doing what two-wheelers do. Better in some respects.

But do you want to be seen in public riding one? That's the rub.

I'll drive Infront of you any fucking day punk..
You're not my boss nor are you boss of America.

You are right, he's not the boss of America.

I am.

Throw those scooters into vats of cement and get a big ole gas hoggin, mud sloggin, load totin 4x4 like mine.

Hitting a motorcycle or a scooter is no dui..
That's 50 years, minimum for what they'll most likey charge you with..
And you could be executed, dickhead.

So with you not wanting 50 years of sucking BBC..
Or to be executed after sucking BBC..

I'll be happy to drive a bicycle Infront of you for that matter.
So screw you.

But you can't be too happy when you're all squished on the asphalt.

One thing I've found out about scooter riders, they know nothing about riding a motorcycle.

James and I have been coast to coast and everywhere else on his bikes. What a great time. Just ridin and stopping where and when you want- camp or a motel for the night.

Right now, he has a big ole monster BMW, but we haven't been riding because of his knee.

I told him now that he was old and junky, I needed to get a newer model.

He said yeah... go the the gal dept. and pick me up something too.

So lazy

James and I have been coast to coast and everywhere else on his bikes. What a great time. Just ridin and stopping where and when you want- camp or a motel for the night.

Right now, he has a big ole monster BMW, but we haven't been riding because of his knee.

I told him now that he was old and junky, I needed to get a newer model.

He said yeah... go the the gal dept. and pick me up something too.

So lazy
If I had the money I'd get a trike or one with a sidecar, don't have to worry about my knees that much.........

If I had the money I'd get a trike or one with a sidecar, don't have to worry about my knees that much.........

Yeah- I know people that have the trikes. They all love them. I know the extra wheel, whether front like the can am or back, would solve our problems, but I just don't love them. Thank goodness we're too broke to get either anyway. :)

Forum List

Back