12,000 tax cheats come clean under IRS program

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
"WASHINGTON (AP) — About 12,000 tax cheats have come clean under a program that offered reduced penalties and no jail time to people who voluntarily disclosed assets they were hiding overseas, the Internal Revenue Service announced Thursday.

"Those people have so far paid $500 million in back taxes and interest. IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman said he expects the cases to yield substantially more money from penalties that have yet to be paid."

Link:
12,000 tax cheats come clean under IRS program - Yahoo! News

Now the fun begins, the next group of tax cheats will be named, perp. walked and tossed into the Federal Prison system.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — About 12,000 tax cheats have come clean under a program that offered reduced penalties and no jail time to people who voluntarily disclosed assets they were hiding overseas, the Internal Revenue Service announced Thursday.

"Those people have so far paid $500 million in back taxes and interest. IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman said he expects the cases to yield substantially more money from penalties that have yet to be paid."

Link:

Now the fun begins, the next group of tax cheats will be named, perp. walked and tossed into the Federal Prison system.

I guess, according to your time line, the inconvenience of a trial will be skipped?

• Banned

Link:

I guess, according to your time line, the inconvenience of a trial will be skipped?

Of course not. If they want the public exposure I'm sure they'll have a public trial. I suspect most will use pre-trial motions to delay a trail hoping that a Republican will win the White House and grant them immunity.

Link:

Of course not. If they want the public exposure I'm sure they'll have a public trial. I suspect most will use pre-trial motions to delay a trail hoping that a Republican will win the White House and grant them immunity.

The only criminal I recall being granted amnesty was by Clinton just before he left office. Care to provide us some facts?

Link:

Nah, from your article:

The IRS has long had a policy that certain tax evaders who come forward can usually avoid jail time as long as they agree to pay back taxes, interest and hefty penalties. Drug dealers and money launderers need not apply. But if the money was earned legally, tax evaders can usually avoid criminal prosecution.

The IRS is no longer the boogeyman it once was, thanks to President Clinton. They are more interested in getting money that is due than in putting people in jail.

Link:

Trial?

Who needs a fracking trial?

• Banned

The only criminal I recall being granted amnesty was by Clinton just before he left office. Care to provide us some facts?

Ford gave Nixon immunity and Libby's sentence was commuted by Bush, Jr. Clinton was not convicted and never granted amnesty.

Link:

How many thousand are from the Obama Administration?........ :eusa_whistle:

Ford gave Nixon immunity and Libby's sentence was commuted by Bush, Jr. Clinton was not convicted and never granted amnesty.

Libby served his time. Nixon was never convicted of anything. Meanwhile Clinton was paid off to amnesty a fugitive from Justice, of course you don't recall that right?

Libby served his time. Nixon was never convicted of anything. Meanwhile Clinton was paid off to amnesty a fugitive from Justice, of course you don't recall that right?

Libby served no time, Bush Jr. commuted his sentence.

Ford gave Nixon Amnesty, hence, Nixon could not be prosecuted.

"Clinton was paid off to amnesty a fugative from Justice"? Who paid him and who was the fugitive?

"Clinton was paid off to amnesty a fugative from Justice"? Who paid him and who was the fugitive?

Figures. You are an idiot.

Thanks for sharing, now everyone knows you're both a liar and a cowardly punk.

Are Tim Geithner and Warren Buffett two of them?

Hey RETARD, may want to look at the post right above your rant. The only liar would be you if you still claim Clinton did not do what I said. I won't hold my breath for an apology.

For those unable to comprehend.

Marc Rich, a fugitive who had fled the U.S. during his prosecution, was residing in Switzerland. Rich owed $48 million in taxes and was charged with 51 counts of tax fraud, was pardoned of tax evasion. He was required to pay a 100 million dollar fine and waive any use of the pardon as a defense against any future civil charges that were filed against him in the same case. Critics complained that Denise Rich, his former wife, had made substantial donations to both the Clinton library and to Mrs. Clinton's senate campaign. According to Paul Volcker's independent investigation of Iraqi Oil-for-Food kickback schemes, Marc Rich was a middleman for several suspect Iraqi oil deals involving over 4 million barrels of oil.[21] Longtime Clinton supporters and Democratic leaders such as former President Jimmy Carter, James Carville and Terry McAuliffe, were all critical of the Clinton pardon. Carter said the pardons were "disgraceful."[22]

Bill Clinton pardon controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to mention the slew of other questionable pardons.

Link:

yes they will have a trial, and if they lose they will have to pay for that also.

I see Wry Catcher has time to start another thread but can not be bothered with posting in this one, where he got caught being beyond stupid. Where ya at Wry? Hiding from your ignorance?

Forum List

Back