11 people shot in 6 separate DC shootings within 12-hour span

Nobody said there’s no discrimination against blacks, but blacks are not the only minority who have experienced bigotry - and extreme at that.

Rather, I and the poster above have shown that OTHER minorities, also experiencing bigotry, manage to rise above it by valuing education, intact families, and other positive values, and that blacks are capable of reducing racism by acknowledging their own role in creating racism and their ability to reduce it.
It is way past time we joined the rest of the modern world and tax the rich and invest in America and Americans again including blacks for a change. A living wage cheap college and training would probably do it along with free Community College etcetera. End the war on drugs, free people in prison 4 possession and let's have a real mental health system.

How is it that non-white people from Asia come to America and end up with family incomes higher than that of whites?
[ Median household income by race or ethnic group U.S. 2021 | Statista ] (Click to see graph.)
Are white racists that selective?
it's funny how when Harris Rosen gave a black area childcare and scholarships to college, graduation rate went from 25% to 100%, isn't it? So you're saying blacks are inferior? That is the definition of a racist
it's funny how when Harris Rosen gave a black area childcare and scholarships to college, graduation rate went from 25% to 100%, isn't it? So you're saying blacks are inferior? That is the definition of a racist. We should be like every other modern country and have that kind of thing for everyone, instead of being systemic racists and basically anti poor people. Great job GOP! And you vote for them because emails and pedophilia, brainwashed functional moron....

Harris Rosen
Hmmm... if you weren't so sloppy and casual in your reading of your opponents' posts, you would know that this example is right in my ball park of the sort of thing I believe the government should do. See my dialogue with SealyBobo, in the 'How to Create More Racists' thread. (I'll be polite here and refrain from calling you a dishonest liar and slanderer with your assertion that I believe Blacks are inferior. You're just an ignoramus with a casual attitude towards the truth. But Trotsky did observe that, in politics, "It is rare to meet an honest opponent.")

However, I have to thank you as well. I had not heard of Harris Rosen and his experiment at Tangelo Park -- the results completely reinforce my belief that 'Education' and 'Environment' -- ie interventions by the government, which will require tax money -- can have a positive effect on the Black situation. (Although once the government gets involved, as opposed to private individuals, you can divide the positive outcomes by a factor of three or four.)

It's an excellent example of what can be done -- in some situations -- and one which I will shamelessly steal from you to use in future discussions and polemics, without credit.

However, "in some situations" is the operative phrase. Elsewhere, in time, I'll start a thread on this issue, and discuss the limitations of such interventions, while also proposing some ways of implementing 'Education' and 'Environment' changes.

I'll just note here that big urban ghettos are a world away from Tangelo Park, with its small (3000) population, high percentage of homeowners, and pre-existing committed community leaders. You can't expect to just scale up. AND ... note that the government had no role in Tangelo Park It's an all-volunteer effort. Trying to do the same with government employees and government rules and regulations will not be easy, to put it mildly.

A personal interest of mine is mathematics education. And I can give you a dozen examples of where an intervention in a particular school, testing some novel way to teach mathematics that would improve children's comprehension -- usually as part of an academic study -- seemed to have powerful, benign effects on children's learning of mathematics. But then these experiments never seemed to be replicable. Some of that was probably do to selective reporting, but some of it was probably due to what sociologists call the 'Hawthorne Effect' (or the 'Observer Effect'.) [The original 'Hawthorne Effect' was probably mostly spurious, but the general principle is valid. More about it here: [ Hawthorne effect - Wikipedia ]

Nonetheless, Harris Rosen's work should be much more widely known. Perhaps Mr Gates, Mr Soros, and other billionaires could divert some of their money away from the Left into attempts to replicate the Tangelo Park results.

It is way past time we joined the rest of the modern world and tax the rich and invest in America and Americans again including blacks for a change. A living wage cheap college and training would probably do it along with free Community College etcetera. End the war on drugs, free people in prison 4 possession and let's have a real mental health system.
We should “tax the rich”? Silly me, I thought that the rich already are taxed. (FYI: the top 1%, who earn 20% of the income, pay 40% of the tax. Link below.)

As far as free community college, we taxpayers already provide it to the lower- and lower-middle income who can’t afford the tuition via Pell Grants. Those middle class and up can mange to cover the relatively modest costs of community college.

Forum List

Back