10mm Magnum

Maybe it's a bit easier to fire than a 44 mag. That thing set me back 3 or 4 steps and my ears rang for a week because I didn't use ear protection. Like firing a hand held cannon.

It's damn near impossible to find ballistic info on the 10mm Mag.
The case length on the 10mm Mag is 1.250 vs the .44 at 1.285.
The diameter for the 10mm mag is.400 vs the .44 at .428 so they're actually pretty close.
Dont have a .44 mag but it sure would be cool to test the two against each other.
Obviously the .44 should be a tad more powerful.

From what I could find, the Underwood 10mm ammo comes in a bullet weight of 135-200 grain, and averages 1250-1600 fps, depending on the bullet. I don't know which one you got, but the The DoubleTap 10mm comes in 165-230 gr with a velocity of 1040-1400 fps.

The 10mm Magnum with a 200 grain bullet runs about 1450 fps, which would have 934 ft/lbs of energy, and a power factor of 290. To put that in perspective, I just loaded up 100 rounds of .44 magnum. I used a Hornady 240 grain XTP jacketed hollow-point behind 19.6 gr. of Alliant 2400, WLP primers, and Remington-Peters cases. Those were chronographed at 1332 fps, with 946 ft lbs. or energy, and a power factor of 302.

I didn't load those to the maximum allowable velocity, which would be 1500 fps but still, they're pretty stiff. So the 10mm magnum is pretty darned close to the .44 magnum.

View attachment 427160
View attachment 427162
View attachment 427163
View attachment 427164

Great info To put this in perspective the max .41 mag round is the following: .41 Remington Magnum - Wikipedia

All pretty close. It really comes done to your personal preference. :thup:

210 gr (14 g) JHP1,560 ft/s (480 m/s)1,135 ft⋅lbf (1,539 J)

Last edited:
After a loong wait my reamed for 10mm. Mag cylinder is finally on its way!!!!
Mark At Pinnacle said he could get it out and back to me in two weeks. Of course I didnt really believe it so I wasn't surprised when it didnt happen.
Took just over six weeks which I'm fine with after seeing the quality of his work.
He's a member of the American Pistolsmiths Guild which is High Praise!!!
Very few smiths can qualify for this honor.
If you ever need some custom work on a revolver look him up.
While this is my first experience with him his work and reputation speaks for itself.

Going to send the S&W 610 back to Mark for a trigger job after I put some 10 Mag rounds through it.
What will he do to improve it? All the Smiths I had came with excellent single action triggers. Never worried about double action. Just curious.

Going to send the S&W 610 back to Mark for a trigger job after I put some 10 Mag rounds through it.
What will he do to improve it? All the Smiths I had came with excellent single action triggers. Never worried about double action. Just curious.

The single action is fine.
The double action is a bit rough.
From what I've been able to glean you can bring the double action to a much smoother action as in a 14 lb action to a 7 lb action.

Pulling a trigger through double action always makes it harder to hit.
If you can make it easier your accuracy will obviously be better.
I carry my FNX .45 with one in the chamber,or condition 2,the pull through double action is the safety.
When I worked at the prison we were only allowed to shoot double action. They thought the dumfuks would be ad-ing all over the place. From what I saw they were right. We shot S&W 38 specials with four inch barrels and at qualifications one time we had one guy that never hit the target once! Even at 7 yards! Not kidding.

I'm thinking about putting you on iggy.
But I havent decided if your entertainment value outweighs your abject stupidity.
You don't know who you're fucking with.
You will be dealt with after the manner of murderers and rapists.
Lol, at the prison I had a convict come to the gate wanting to go to medical. I asked him of he had a pass and he said no. I said, you can't go without a pass. He said, "Do you have any idea who I am?"I pretended to key my mic on the radio and said, "Gateway to medical, I have an offender at g7 gate that does not know who he is and needs assistance!" The other cons laughing at him was wonderful!

Lol, at the prison I had a convict come to the gate wanting to go to medical. I asked him of he had a pass and he said no. I said, you can't go without a pass. He said, "Do you have any idea who I am?"I pretended to key my mic on the radio and said, "Gateway to medical, I have an offender at g7 gate that does not know who he is and needs assistance!" The other cons laughing at him was wonderful!
Yet another prison guard to be arraigned at court-martial, tried, convicted, sentenced to death, and hanged in the gallows for his war crimes.

Yet another prison guard to be arraigned at court-martial, tried, convicted, sentenced to death, and hanged in the gallows for his war crimes.
I see you're just another dumbass lying pos. Goodbye.

Dude, you truly are bat shit crazy. :113:

I see you're just another dumbass lying pos. Goodbye
I am most certainly not a lying dumbass Democrat piece of shit with a mental health agenda and a county health district budget for an army of psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health workers, therapists, counselors, district attorneys, and bloody-ass working cops on the beat.

I see you're just another dumbass lying pos. Goodbye
I am most certainly not a lying dumbass Democrat piece of shit with a mental health agenda and a county health district budget for an army of psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health workers, therapists, counselors, district attorneys, and bloody-ass working cops on the beat.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back