1000x more air pollution is caused by tires, brakes, roads than engine exhaust

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Even though asbestos brake shoes and pads are no longer being produced here in the US, many of them imported from China still contain asbestos. Virtually every roadside in the world is saturated with asbestos fibers and rubber particles, from decades of wear to those components. Electric automobiles are no exception.

"Wear on the vehicle's tires, brakes, and the road surface produced 5.8 grams of NEE particulates per kilometer driven, which is 1,289 times the 0.0045 grams-per-kilometer limit for passenger vehicle exhaust particulates under current Euro 6d emissions standards..."

Tires Cause 1,000 Times More Pollution Than Exhaust Fumes, Study Claims

This all pales in comparison to the cows emissions that the tractor trailers to Walmart passed(and sniffed) this morning on the way to deliver cases of "Squeezably soft"

That's why I drive a 6.2L V-8...I melt those fuckers off every once in a while too...Murika!

I can do the same thing with my Nissan. A set of four tires only lasts me a year before they're driven down to the nubs.

Then you agree with AOC's New Green Deal that we need to take 90% of the passenger vehicles off the road ... I'm glad to here that ...

Some places in the USA along her freeways ... lead concentrations exceed industrial standards by as much as 50 times ... but because it's usually residential land, nothing is done to clean it up, no super fund cleanup ...

I can do the same thing with my Nissan.

You hate America? ... "God forbid a Toyota" was directed at people like you ...

Then you agree with AOC's New Green Deal that we need to take 90% of the passenger vehicles off the road ... I'm glad to here that ...

Some places in the USA along her freeways ... lead concentrations exceed industrial standards by as much as 50 times ... but because it's usually residential land, nothing is done to clean it up, no super fund cleanup ...

I can do the same thing with my Nissan.

You hate America? ... "God forbid a Toyota" was directed at people like you ...

I used to love American cars until we bought an Obama-era GM bailout Chevy Sonic in 2013. The motor crapped out at 120,000 miles before it was even paid for.

Thanks Obama, you bastard.

I used to love American cars until we bought an Obama-era GM bailout Chevy Sonic in 2013. The motor crapped out at 120,000 miles before it was even paid for.

5 year loan ... you drive 25,000 miles a year? ... as a professional history reviser, can't you just work from home? ...

GM got the bailout in December 2008, during the George XLIII's administration ... I ask again, do you hate America? ...

5 year loan ... you drive 25,000 miles a year? ... as a professional history reviser, can't you just work from home? ...

GM got the bailout in December 2008, during the George XLIII's administration ... I ask again, do you hate America? ...

We live in a rural area plus I go to alot of garage sales in the Summer, often driving hundred of miles a day on the weekends. So I'm averaging about 30,000 miles a year.

GM products weren't that bad until Obama's bailout, then they went to total pieces of crap. They came out with the Chevy Volt that time period, and they were so bad that nobody was buying them.

Your kind does you vermin.

we bought an Obama-era GM bailout Chevy Sonic in 2013.

So, you just make bad decisions all around.

2008-2014 was a time of bad decisions all around. My wife was a Democrat and actually voted for Obama in 2008, but it didn't take her very long to figure out what a mistake that was.

K. But IMO Chevys were shit even before then.

I've owned plenty of Chevys before, going back to the '55 I first owned. GM trucks, Dodge, Ford, Volkswagon, Honda, Toyota.

Ford's the best right now if you can afford them, but we opted for the Japanese Nissan: Low-end stripped-down model, standard shift, no extras of high-tech stuff to go wrong with it.

That 2013 Chevy Sonic we bought new and it was in the dealer shop every couple months until the engine crapped out. I called it the "Obamamobile."

we bought an Obama-era GM bailout Chevy Sonic in 2013.

So, you just make bad decisions all around.

2008-2014 was a time of bad decisions all around. My wife was a Democrat and actually voted for Obama in 2008, but it didn't take her very long to figure out what a mistake that was.

K. But IMO Chevys were shit even before then.

I've owned plenty of Chevys before, going back to the '55 I first owned. GM trucks, Dodge, Ford, Volkswagon, Honda, Toyota.

Ford's the best right now if you can afford them, but we opted for the Japanese Nissan: Low-end stripped-down model, standard shift, no extras of high-tech stuff to go wrong with it.

That 2013 Chevy Sonic we bought new and it was in the dealer shop every couple months until the engine crapped out. I called it the "Obamamobile."

I had Chevys from the 70s and 80s that were reasonably well made. I currently love my old Ford pickup and have a bunch of older Jeeps. I maintain them myself, and they are pretty easy to keep tip top without spending a fortune.

I wouldn't touch Nissan with a 10-foot pole, especially because Toyota and Honda exist. The Sonic was the successor to the Aveo, which was plucked straight from Daewoo, a Korean car manufacturer. I'm not surprised it turned out to be a turd. I don't know much about the high-end Nissan sports cars, but their mid-level sedans/crossovers with the CVT transmissions are flat out garbage. Their trucks are pretty bad with reliability too.

I don't do go-fast cars anymore, but when I did, they were always German made.

GM products weren't that bad until Obama's bailout

History revisionism pays that well? ... all this time I thought George XLIII was President in December 2008 ... son-of-a-gun ... you'd think Obama would have gotten into some trouble forging "George W. Bush" signature when he signed legislation into law ... what next, Hillary forged Bush's signature on the Patriot Act? ... I'm game, go ahead, you're the professional here ...

Do you hate America? ...

GM products weren't that bad until Obama's bailout

History revisionism pays that well? ... all this time I thought George XLIII was President in December 2008 ... son-of-a-gun ... you'd think Obama would have gotten into some trouble forging "George W. Bush" signature when he signed legislation into law ... what next, Hillary forged Bush's signature on the Patriot Act? ... I'm game, go ahead, you're the professional here ...

Do you hate America? ...

Yes, I hate America very much. But only your version of "America" and you vision of what "America" should be.

Luckily, that went "poof" in January of 2016. :04:

The main reason I stuck to Chevy is the parts were interchangeable ... if I could only afford one starter, I would swap it between mine and the wife's rig ... easy peasy ...

I run the small 1/2-ton pickups for the construction business ... when I needed one in 2013, none of the American car companies were building them ... I looked but to no avail ...

Yes, I hate America very much. But only your version of "America" and you vision of what "America" should be.

Luckily, that went "poof" in January of 2016. :04:

That's very hateful of you ... you hate smaller government, you hate local control, you hate liberty and freedom ... you certainly hate history, The Donald took office in January 2017 ... [giggle] ...

Forum List

Back