100 years ago today, Mark Twain died

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
:(

No question in my mind, Twain (Samuel Clemens) was/is one of the graetest writers of all time. Top 10 in the world, top 2 in American history.

Thoughts? Favorite Twain book? (mine are A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court and The Innocents Abroad) But I would also count Twain as one of the undisputed masters of the short story as well. (See: The Diary of Adam and Eve and The Awful German Language)

Any other fans?

:(

No question in my mind, Twain (Samuel Clemens) was/is one of the graetest writers of all time. Top 10 in the world, top 2 in American history.

Thoughts? Favorite Twain book? (mine are A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court and The Innocents Abroad) But I would also count Twain as one of the undisputed masters of the short story as well. (See: The Diary of Adam and Eve and The Awful German Language)

Any other fans?

My favorite was Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Time's Arrow."

Time's Arrow (episode) - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki

Just in case there is a fellow fan out there, Mark Twain, A Life,(by Ron Powers) is a great biogrphy. Many critics hale that as one of the best.

Ron Powers - MARK TWAIN, A LIFE

There is also a lesser known book, The Devil's Race Track, which is a great collection of short stories (some unfinished) of Twain's "darker" side. A real good read IMHO.

I have been waiting with increasing anticipation and breathlessness for Twain’s next book.

I wish he would hurry, I am running out of breath.

*Sammy C would have loved that gag.

Forum List

Back