100 Greatest Rock Albums Of All Time

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
100.Foreigner - V

“We spent a lot of time in the studio making that album,” Mick Jones said. “Probably more than we needed, to be truthful. But those were the days of ‘excessive’ studio experiences. [Laughs]

99. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - S/T

The music is woven into our cells. We know there's no easy way out, but we won't back down!

98.Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

97.Pink Floyd The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

I tried listening to this like a month ago but couldnt finish it. This time I did! I enjoyed it! It's got wacky songs and a very cool album cover

96.Soundgarden - Superunknown

95.Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

I'm hovering like a fly, waiting for the windshield on a freeway

Rock n roll is mostly trash, as any reading of the 'Top 100' lists since 1955 or so will immediately show; many years those 'great old classics' everybody remembers now didn't even make the Top 100 the year they came out, and it was rare one made it past #37. It was all just marketing to adolescent teenagers with disposable incomes, and still is. Black people loved Elvis for then for breaking the color lines re selling black music to white teenagers and making a lot of them rich, and paving the way for blacks being played on white radio and Barry Gordy's Motown labels. The latter was probably the greatest hit machine and stage act production company in American history, writing and producing almost exclusively to white AM radio airplay and lip synching stage shows for the promotional tours. Mid-60's and later it was mostly driven by the middle class stoners market, where sounding 'distinctive' was far more important than musical quality or talent.

Last edited:
100.Foreigner - V

“We spent a lot of time in the studio making that album,” Mick Jones said. “Probably more than we needed, to be truthful. But those were the days of ‘excessive’ studio experiences. [Laughs]

99. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - S/T

The music is woven into our cells. We know there's no easy way out, but we won't back down!

98.Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

97.Pink Floyd The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

I tried listening to this like a month ago but couldnt finish it. This time I did! I enjoyed it! It's got wacky songs and a very cool album cover

96.Soundgarden - Superunknown

95.Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

I'm hovering like a fly, waiting for the windshield on a freeway

Small correction. #100 was Foreigner IV (4). :)

Forum List

Back