$10.10. A killer for the rich.

1% of working americans make minimum wage and most of those are part time teenagers flipping burgers

this is a non-issue.

Well except for the trickle up effect.. the increase of the cost of goods and services.. and the impact of raising unemployment

The real reason behind the increase in minimum wage is that many union contracts follow the minimum wage, so it doesn't just mean a raise for those making it, but also all of those union workers whose contracts stipulate an automatic increase when the minimum wage is increased. Another payoff to unions.

Why are you jealous of Union Workers? If it were another payoff to CEO's you guys would be applauding the idea. I never understood the almost godlike infallibility righties place on CEO's and the rich, but if a Union man makes an extra 2 dollars an hour they scream bloody murder.

Well except for the trickle up effect.. the increase of the cost of goods and services.. and the impact of raising unemployment

The real reason behind the increase in minimum wage is that many union contracts follow the minimum wage, so it doesn't just mean a raise for those making it, but also all of those union workers whose contracts stipulate an automatic increase when the minimum wage is increased. Another payoff to unions.

Why are you jealous of Union Workers? If it were another payoff to CEO's you guys would be applauding the idea. I never understood the almost godlike infallibility righties place on CEO's and the rich, but if a Union man makes an extra 2 dollars an hour they scream bloody murder.
It is more godlike to generate wealth than it is to demand it.

The minimum wage has been raised many times since it's inception.

And yet somehow, we've managed to survive.

We managed to survive by eliminating minimum wage jobs. As Bill Gates attempted to point out, a rise in the minimum wage advances automation. What happened to the kid who used to gas up your car and wash your windshield? You have a neato gas pump that you use yourself and wash your own windshield. For every hand car wash there are five drive through car washes. The manned assembly line has been replaced by robots overseen by one guy. Fast food places are being replaced by fast casual places. Raising the minimum wage makes hiring someone to work for minimum wage very unattractive.

I have no quarrel with private sector union, I mean, I'd never join.. it's the public sector ones I take issue with.

The minimum wage has been raised many times since it's inception.

And yet somehow, we've managed to survive.

"When the very first federal minimum wage (25 cents) went into effect in 1938, the U.S. Department of Labor itself determined that between 30,000 and 50,000 low-skilled jobs were likely lost due to the law. A comprehensive review of several dozen minimum wage studies by the Federal Minimum Wage Commission in 1981 found that most showed employment declining. On average, for every 10% increase in the minimum wage, employment declined 1-3%. And as recently as 2006 economists David Neumark and William Wascher reviewed more than 100 minimum wage studies in the economic academic literature and concluded that 85% of the strongest studies found that low-skilled employment opportunities declined when the minimum wage was raised."

That would make a great campaign slogan for the GOP.

Go with it!

Go with it!
Would you say that it's more godlike to demand it than to generate it?

LOL, it's almost as if you are a dishwasher.

So what if I am?

Then you are conflicted by interest.

You want to support 10 people, drive a Rolls Royce , use a kilo of cocaine per week, and vacation in the French Riviera while making 7 bucks an hour.

Right. And that's why I'll continue to work my minimum wage dishwashing job and you'll support me through my food stamps and medicaid because I can't afford those things on my salary.

As a conservative, I'd like to support you but wtf are you saying?

Raising the minimum wage won't affect the rich at all. It will kill off the small business owner and put more money in the control of the huge corporations.

I'd say it would tend to do just the opposite of that.

Go with it!
Would you say that it's more godlike to demand it than to generate it?

So workers are "demanding" wealth now?

How about a decent day's pay for a decent day's work?
Pay attention, Son. Workers agreeing to a wage was not the subject of the post I answered. Union workers demanding extra pay (more than they agreed to on hire) was.

Great. Another liberal masquerading as a conservative trying to portray us as a bunch of heartless 1%ers. In reality, poor minority urban youth are the #1 victims of the minimum wage. Want to drastically reduce poverty and unemployment among unskilled workers? Then get rid of the minimum wage.

Getting rid of the minimum wage would cause wages to fall to ridiculous low levels. his would cause poor workers to be even more poor (INCREASING poverty), and would cause more unemployment as businesses would suffer from reductions in sales, due to the lesser amount of money in the pocket of potential customers (disposable income).

So what if I am?

You want to support 10 people, drive a Rolls Royce , use a kilo of cocaine per week, and vacation in the French Riviera while making 7 bucks an hour.

Right. And that's why I'll continue to work my minimum wage dishwashing job and you'll support me through my food stamps and medicaid because I can't afford those things on my salary.

I knew that sooner or later you would admit to being part of the criminally insane.

Why did Obama ask for a $10.10 minimum wage? All this will do is take away the power of the government from the private sector and put in the hands of a bunch of senseless Americans. We as Americans must realize that the rich are the people that offer the true economic opportunities that this nation has to offer. The $10.10 minimum wage will bring the social classes together and there won't be any room for mobility. We must keep corporate America.

Not one of rich will be affected and YOU know it!
Your facetiousness ignores the FACT there are about 104,000 people that will be affected in that since most of them are low skilled workers i.e. janitors/dish washers here is what will happen:
Janitors will be replaced by robo sweepers that sell for $300.. replace plenty of these dust busters!
Automatic dishwashers costs for high volume food locations about $6,000... equal to the pay increase for ONE dishwasher worker!

Unemployment will increase. Is that what Obama wants??

This sounds suspiciously like propaganda. :link:

PS- janitors do much more than just sweep.

Last edited:

I knew that sooner or later you would admit to being part of the criminally insane.

But I should still be able to own a gun though right?

As a conservative, I'd like to support you but wtf are you saying?

Raising the minimum wage won't affect the rich at all. It will kill off the small business owner and put more money in the control of the huge corporations.

:lol:

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Why did Obama ask for a $10.10 minimum wage?

Because he knows than Americans don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. As victims of government "education" they do not understand the economic ramifications of such a move.

For 10 years, I owned my own business, and my ex-wife owned another business of her own. For 3 years, I taught this subject (Microeconomics) in 4 colleges of the City University of New York. So I'll be the teacher. You be the student. So now I'm calling on you. What are these alleged "economic ramifications" that you speak of ?

Exactly. This further bolsters the fact that the price of goods and services WILL go up affecting everyone.

That is not possible (in almost ALL cases)

Forum List

Back