1 lb. lobster

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
1 lb lobsters were $4.99 a lb at the local lobster pound, but we just passed their sign and they are down to $3.99 for a lb!!! Holy Moly! We had decided to splurge for this labor day weekend and bought 2 filet mignon's to grill, but NOW we are gonna buy 2 1lb lobsters to make it a perfect surf and turf! The corn on the cob at the market was the size of Alaska, which it always is this time of the year, so we bought 10 for the week....before ya know it, the cobbed corn will be gone! just POOF, gone, none until next may or june up here! :(

we are heading down to the bay for a long walk on the beach...and rock hunting ....before the eating orgy to come, hoping to scave off a few pounds before adding them this weekend!

there is a fair in a town called blue hill, that we plan to hit, tomorrow, but maybe tonight too if the entertainment is good!!!

how about you guys....? what are your plans?

At those prices I could have a family reunion and feed everyone!!!!
Dayamnnnn!!!!!!!!
cheap lobster in the summer :D and the beautiful, glorious spring, summer, and fall weather and foliage here, are the '' 2 teasers'' that keeps Mainers living through the snowy winters and Nor'Easters!!!! :eek:

At least with Matt and me!

1 lb lobsters were $4.99 a lb at the local lobster pound, but we just passed their sign and they are down to $3.99 for a lb!!! Holy Moly! We had decided to splurge for this labor day weekend and bought 2 filet mignon's to grill, but NOW we are gonna buy 2 1lb lobsters to make it a perfect surf and turf! The corn on the cob at the market was the size of Alaska, which it always is this time of the year, so we bought 10 for the week....before ya know it, the cobbed corn will be gone! just POOF, gone, none until next may or june up here! :(

we are heading down to the bay for a long walk on the beach...and rock hunting ....before the eating orgy to come, hoping to scave off a few pounds before adding them this weekend!

there is a fair in a town called blue hill, that we plan to hit, tomorrow, but maybe tonight too if the entertainment is good!!!

Nice!

We are in the same mode here as well... Chilling and grilling! :beer:

I live in a close knit Marine/Navy neighborhood. We always get together on holidays and do a pot luck thing. I'll do my shrimp and there's usually hamburgers, hot dogs, steak, etc..and there'll be alot of adult beverages to wash it down.:tongue:

Well my plans are to ditch my wife and join you. :doubt:

I have a pork roast in the crock pot, beans in another, a guy I work whit is bringing tortillas his wife made, my Brother is bringing steaks to grill and we have about four different salads, the most interesting being the fried potato salad. We also have six water melons.

Last edited:
I live in a close knit Marine/Navy neighborhood. We always get together on holidays and do a pot luck thing. I'll do my shrimp and there's usually hamburgers, hot dogs, steak, etc..and there'll be alot of adult beverages to wash it down.:tongue:

Key west area?

I'm flying out to Maine and eating with the Care4all's. :eusa_angel:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Dayamnnnn!!!!!!!!
cheap lobster in the summer :D and the beautiful, glorious spring, summer, and fall weather and foliage here, are the '' 2 teasers'' that keeps Mainers living through the snowy winters and Nor'Easters!!!! :eek:

The problem down here is double that price for one half that size....... frozen.......

Found some thick boneless rib-eyes for just over 4 bucks a pound. A little 'cowboy rub', a little marinade, makes Bobby Flay look over-complicated.

I'm gonna have to start shopping where you people are. Hell add in the plane tickets and my grocery bill would still be cheaper.......

I have a pork roast in the crock pot

Did someone say pork roast?

11111.jpg

:razz:

Dayamnnnn!!!!!!!!

Is summer the best price for lobster?

the wife and I just had 2 succulent porterhouse's, red potatoes fried up with onion garlic and ham bits and some carpaccio, it was one of the sweetest cuts I have ever had of Porterhouse, Allen Bros. is the best, hands down ....mine was 1 pound and a half, I wanted it finish it but didn't.... I cut off the tenderloin for tomorrow morning. ;)

I'll be crawling around on my one one good leg with a house full of screaming monsters (unless I can chase them down to the lake)....

So you can ALL miss my hairy ass
:razz:

Seriously, though, I have the smoker ready and a couple slabs of spare ribs that are marinating in the fridge.
They'll enjoy most of the day slow-smoking while the Missus makes up the tater salad, deviled eggs, etc.....
I'll be monitoring her from the patio
:eusa_whistle:

Dayamnnnn!!!!!!!!

Is summer the best price for lobster?
i'm still a novice....we are recent transplants....according to Mainers, we are ''from away''....been here a few years....still feels like vacation....:)

we just found this lobster pound and it is just a mile and a half from our house....

but YES, summer....or end of summer, seems to be the cheapest!

New Topics

Forum List

Back