1,204 U.S. sites Recorded their Coldest-Ever October Temperature

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
A staggering 1,204 U.S. sites Recorded their Coldest-Ever October Temperatures last month - Electroverse
According to official NOAA data, more than twelve-hundred monthly low temperature records fell ACROSS the U.S. in October 2019 — multiple Arctic air masses rode anomalously-far south on the back of a wavy jet stream flow, itself associated with historically low solar activity.

The sun is currently in its deepest solar minimum of the past 100+ years, and the jet stream has weakened as a result; its usual tight ‘zonal’ flow has more-often-than-not reverted to a loose ‘meridional’ one. This wavy flow has diverted brutal Arctic air into the lower-latitudes, and is responsible for the U.S. either busting or tying a staggering 1204 all-time MONTHLY low temperature records in October 2019 (double the number of new heat records).

Now this is why the cooling is important... night time temps are dropping globally.

Well, yes. That;s why the scam artists had to change their meme they want their faithful cultists to chant to 'Climate Change' from 'Global Warming', after all.

A staggering 1,204 U.S. sites Recorded their Coldest-Ever October Temperatures last month - Electroverse
According to official NOAA data, more than twelve-hundred monthly low temperature records fell ACROSS the U.S. in October 2019 — multiple Arctic air masses rode anomalously-far south on the back of a wavy jet stream flow, itself associated with historically low solar activity.

The sun is currently in its deepest solar minimum of the past 100+ years, and the jet stream has weakened as a result; its usual tight ‘zonal’ flow has more-often-than-not reverted to a loose ‘meridional’ one. This wavy flow has diverted brutal Arctic air into the lower-latitudes, and is responsible for the U.S. either busting or tying a staggering 1204 all-time MONTHLY low temperature records in October 2019 (double the number of new heat records).

Now this is why the cooling is important... night time temps are dropping globally.

It's because photons have mass, isn't it?

I think you're reading the data wrong ... 1,244 stations reported a record daily low temp year-to-date ... only 748 set all time daily records low in the past 30 days (October) ...
Now this needs to be compared to 1,638 stations reported a record daily high temp year-to-date ...

I'm sorry ... this will put downward pressure on the final Global Average Temperature that will be calculated next year ... but the USA is barely 1/50th the planet and this is just 1/12th the year ... or about 1/600th of the Global Average ... and this is the reason we use averages in climatology, try to smooth out these extreme dynamic fluctuations ... I said these same things back in 2015 and 2016 when Alarmists were raging over all the record daily highs, no where close to being relevant to 50 or 100 year temperature trends, I have to say the same about record daily lows ... it's all dynamic contamination ...

Not to mention many of these new records are only 1ºF higher/lower and this is within the instrumentation error of +/- 1ºF ... see the problem there? ...

2016 remains the warmest year on record since 1880 ... 2017 was a bit cooler and 2018 a bit cooler still ... the Alarmists' temporary "plateau" after 1998 seems to be heading down now ... again, far too short a time period to make any claims of any kind ... but funny listening to the rhetoric change ... get ready for "higher amplitude Rossby waves caused by CAGW" ... we're not sure what causes waves along the polar jet stream, very difficult to say weather whether a little warming would change it much ... if at all ... so beware ...

2016 remains the warmest year on record since 1880 ... 2017 was a bit cooler and 2018 a bit cooler still ... the Alarmists' temporary "plateau" after 1998 seems to be heading down now ... again, far too short a time period to make any claims of any kind ... but funny listening to the rhetoric change ... get ready for "higher amplitude Rossby waves caused by CAGW" ... we're not sure what causes waves along the polar jet stream, very difficult to say weather whether a little warming would change it much ... if at all ... so beware ...

what happened in 1880?

I think you're reading the data wrong ... 1,244 stations reported a record daily low temp year-to-date ... only 748 set all time daily records low in the past 30 days (October) ...
Now this needs to be compared to 1,638 stations reported a record daily high temp year-to-date ...

I'm sorry ... this will put downward pressure on the final Global Average Temperature that will be calculated next year ... but the USA is barely 1/50th the planet and this is just 1/12th the year ... or about 1/600th of the Global Average ... and this is the reason we use averages in climatology, try to smooth out these extreme dynamic fluctuations ... I said these same things back in 2015 and 2016 when Alarmists were raging over all the record daily highs, no where close to being relevant to 50 or 100 year temperature trends, I have to say the same about record daily lows ... it's all dynamic contamination ...

Not to mention many of these new records are only 1ºF higher/lower and this is within the instrumentation error of +/- 1ºF ... see the problem there? ...

"higher amplitude Rossby waves caused by CAGW"

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

You alarmists are too funny... Only warming areas are a concern, ignore the cooling ones..... And while were at it, lets claim Rossby waves will get worse and ignore the temperature drop at both poles to theoretical maximum and beyond which is the real driver of this event we observe..

The earth is a paradoxically presentating system but you alarmists fail at empirical evidence observation. Over 64% of the earth is cooling, but carry on with your hyperbole.

Last edited:
what happened in 1880?

The founding of the NWS and the beginning of systematic weather observations ... records from before aren't considered "scientifically accurate" ...

So we have about .0005% of the last 200000 years of temperatures. Im sure we will be able to tell if the temperature has risen 1/2 degree on average.
Too bad Barack Hussein wasn't elected in time to save the Bearing Sea Land Bridge

US CRN is accurate to +/-0.01 deg C. Those stations show that many of these new records are 1.7 deg C lower and in certain areas it was 10.6 deg C colder. The problem is with alarmists, who think accuracy only allows warming temps to be accurate. You all are claiming were all going to die from your 0.02 Deg C rise in less than 38% of the globe, all while you ignore the 1.3 Deg C average temperature drop in night time lows.. It is this imbalance (differential) and a weakening equatorial jet that drives Rosbby waves and their increased amplification.

Last edited:

Dont feed the troll.JPG

View attachment 288288

Feed that thing a pound of photons and get back to me...…...

All I know is after mild winters in 2016 and 2017 and a typical winter in 2018 but a very wet spring. This years local winter forecast is cold with an above average major snow making events because the polar vortex is going to reach further south so get ready, and we are.

You alarmists are too funny... Only warming areas are a concern, ignore the cooling ones..... And while were at it, lets claim Rossby waves will get worse and ignore the temperature drop at both poles to theoretical maximum and beyond which is the real driver of this event we observe..

The earth is a paradoxically presentating system but you alarmists fail at empirical evidence observation. Over 64% of the earth is cooling, but carry on with your hyperbole.

I apologize for how callously I pointed out your error ... I sometimes forget how emotional some people get about this topic ... I hope I didn't make you cry or anything ...

64% is such an odd number ... can't imagine where you saw that ... 79% of the Earth's surface is ocean, average temperatures over the ocean don't change much, neither warmer nor colder ... that's the wrong place to look for any unnatural changes in temperature ... wrong place to look for any natural changes as well ... but I'll bite; pick a place, any place, where the average temperature between 1920 and 1969 is higher than this average between 1970 and 2019 ... shouldn't be difficult if 64% of the world shows this ...

Opps, did I speak to harshly again? ... please don't cry, we can work this through together ...

-----

If you stop calling me an Alarmist, I'll stop calling you a Snowflake ... deal? ...

So we have about .0005% of the last 200000 years of temperatures. Im sure we will be able to tell if the temperature has risen 1/2 degree on average. Too bad Barack Hussein wasn't elected in time to save the Bearing Sea Land Bridge

Yup ... 0.0005% is it? ... worse is these readings are taken for weather forecasting ... climate is just an afterthought ... so the study suffers from a profound lack of empirical data ... but extrapolating is fun, just magical what we can do with statistics these days ... if you don't kill 20 houseflies today, in just 80 short years the entire universe would packed full of houseflies ... extrapolation ...

I apologize for how callously I pointed out your error ... I sometimes forget how emotional some people get about this topic ... I hope I didn't make you cry or anything ...

64% is such an odd number ... can't imagine where you saw that ... 79% of the Earth's surface is ocean, average temperatures over the ocean don't change much, neither warmer nor colder ... that's the wrong place to look for any unnatural changes in temperature ... wrong place to look for any natural changes as well ... but I'll bite; pick a place, any place, where the average temperature between 1920 and 1969 is higher than this average between 1970 and 2019 ... shouldn't be difficult if 64% of the world shows this ...

Opps, did I speak to harshly again? ... please don't cry, we can work this through together ...

-----

If you stop calling me an Alarmist, I'll stop calling you a Snowflake ... deal? ...
79% of the Earth's surface is ocean

how many readings in that 79%?

Climate change could be holding back opportunities for a new generation, transforming and destroying our economy

we need URGENT ACTION my friends!

Oh god, does that mean we are back to the 1970's a new ice age is coming?

Forum List

Back