1,200 Scientists and Professionals Declare: “There is No Climate Emergency”

So you think science is a popularity contest?
Why won’t the alarmists publicly discuss the issue with the pragmatists?
Bet your arse it is. While your ideas is lIke a beauty contest among pigs…The rest of the entire world thinks It’s a “popularity” contest of ideas among the most learned and devoted EXPERT scientist and science related institutions.

You think it’s a popularity among the most stupid and ignorant. So, you run around thinking the best ideas come from whom ? Give us your sources. 1200 names you CAN‘T EVEN LIST ?

The biggest lie ever told. That is what AGW has been for decades.

It is just a power grab by the elites.

The political fiction that humans cause most or all climate change and the claim that the science behind this notion is ‘settled’, has been dealt a savage blow by the publication of a ‘World Climate Declaration (WCD)’ signed by over 1,100 scientists and professionals. There is no climate emergency, say the authors, who are drawn from across the world and led by the Norwegian physics Nobel Prize laureate Professor Ivar Giaever. Climate science is said to have degenerated into a discussion based on beliefs, not on sound self-critical science.
The scale of the opposition to modern day ‘settled’ climate science is remarkable, given how difficult it is in academia to raise grants for any climate research that departs from the political orthodoxy. (A full list of the signatories is available here.) Another lead author of the declaration, Professor Richard Lindzen, has called the current climate narrative “absurd”, but acknowledged that trillions of dollars and the relentless propaganda from grant-dependent academics and agenda-driven journalists currently says it is not absurd.
Particular ire in the WCD is reserved for climate models. To believe in the outcome of a climate model is to believe what the model makers have put in. Climate models are now central to today’s climate discussion and the scientists see this as a problem. “We should free ourselves from the naïve belief in immature climate models,” says the WCD. “In future, climate research must give significantly more emphasis to empirical science.”
Since emerging from the ‘Little Ice Age’ in around 1850, the world has warmed significantly less than predicted by the IPCC on the basis of modelled human influences. “The gap between the real world and the modelled world tells us that we are far from understanding climate change,” the WCD notes.
The Declaration is an event of enormous importance, although it will be ignored by the mainstream media. But it is not the first time distinguished scientists have petitioned for more realism in climate science. In Italy, the discoverer of nuclear anti-matter Emeritus Professor Antonino Zichichi recently led 48 local science professors in stating that human responsibility for climate change is “unjustifiably exaggerated and catastrophic predictions are not realistic”. In their scientific view, “natural variation explains a substantial part of global warming observed since 1850”. Professor Zichichi has signed the WCD.
The Declaration notes that the Earth’s climate has varied for as long as the planet has existed, with natural cold and warm periods. “It is no surprise that we are experiencing a period of warming,” it continues. Climate models have many shortcomings, it says, “and are not remotely plausible as global policy tools”. They blow up the effect of greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, but ignore any beneficial effects. “CO2 is not a pollutant,” it says. “It is essential to all life on Earth. Photosynthesis is a blessing. More CO2 is beneficial for nature, greening the Earth; additional CO2 in the air has promoted growth in global plant biomass. It is also good for agriculture, increasing the yield of crops worldwide.”
In addition, the scientists declare that there is no statistical evidence that global warming is intensifying hurricanes, floods, droughts and such-like natural disasters, or making them more frequent. “There is no climate emergency,” the Declaration goes on. “We strongly oppose the harmful and unrealistic net-zero CO2 policy proposed for 2050,” it says, adding that the aim of global policy should be “prosperity for all” by providing reliable and affordable energy at all times. “In a prosperous society, men and women are well educated, birth rates are low and people care about their environment,” it concludes.

How many scientists say it is an emergency?

How can natural evolution of the planet be an emergency. Think about it, apparently some scientists have.

How many who say it’s an emergency are willing to discuss it with this list…
Ask me a question I can't possibly answer.

Great evasion.

How about 14,700?

Why tout denier scientists numbers if they mean nothing to you?

Ask me a question I can't possibly answer.

Great evasion.

How about 14,700?

Why tout denier scientists numbers if they mean nothing to you?
I wasn’t talking numbers. I was talking substance and credentials. Why won’t alarmists discuss the issue with the pragmatists so we laymen can decide if we want to create economic hardship and starve the world’s poorest?

I wasn’t talking numbers. I was talking substance and credentials.

Is it your contention that the 1400 listed by the op'er have superior credentials?

Why won’t alarmists discuss the issue with the pragmatists so we laymen can decide if we want to create economic hardship and starve the world’s poorest?
Labeling your small group of scientists "pragmatists" and the majority as "alarmist" shows you are not ready or willing to review any information objectively.

That said, I am certain these discussions have taken place multiple times so feel free to look it up.

Is it your contention that the 1400 listed by the op'er have superior credentials?

Labeling your small group of scientists "pragmatists" and the majority as "alarmist" shows you are not ready or willing to review any information objectively.

That said, I am certain these discussions have taken place multiple times so feel free to look it up.
There has yet to be any open public discussion. Only disparagement by the powers that be upon detractors of AGW alarmism. Why are you so close minded on the issue? Are you an atmospherics expert? I’m not. That’s why I consult experts on multiple sides. But the alarmists will not allow discussion or dissent. They hold the purse strings.
Do you believe lockdowns were necessary? Do you believe vaccines prevented transmission? Those who disputed those things were disparaged by the same status quo but turned out to be right in retrospect.

There has yet to be any open public discussion.

Ever? Odd conclusion. I doubt it's true though. I did noticed however l, that many of those 1100+ individuals work for petroleum companies and the guy leading the charge works a right wing conservative outfit.

It reminds me when many claimed smoking was not bad for you, scientists back by tobacco companies and special interest groups.

Certainly I don't have the time to scrutinize all 1100 individuals but of course that is what makes this article so effective as propaganda.

Only disparagement by the powers that be upon detractors of AGW alarmism. Why are you so close minded on the issue? Are you an atmospherics expert? I’m not. That’s why I consult experts on multiple sides. But the alarmists will not allow discussion or dissent. They hold the purse strings.
Do you believe lockdowns were necessary? Do you believe vaccines prevented transmission? Those who disputed those things were disparaged by the same status quo but turned out to be right in retrospect.
I'm not close minded. What gives you that idea?

Nah, I'm just an electrical worker.

Why do you keep asserting the term "alarmist" to the huge majority of scientists? It seems like you are the one who is close minded.

I believe lockdowns were necessary in areas or states where hospitals were overflowing. Other then that , no.

I don't remember many scientists who claimed the vaccine prevented transmission but it is a false equivalence anyhow. You can't realistically compare a 4 year old virus and thousands of years of climate data.

Ever? Odd conclusion. I doubt it's true though. I did noticed however l, that many of those 1100+ individuals work for petroleum companies and the guy leading the charge works a right wing conservative outfit.

It reminds me when many claimed smoking was not bad for you, scientists back by tobacco companies and special interest groups.

Certainly I don't have the time to scrutinize all 1100 individuals but of course that is what makes this article so effective as propaganda.

I'm not close minded. What gives you that idea?

Nah, I'm just an electrical worker.

Why do you keep asserting the term "alarmist" to the huge majority of scientists? It seems like you are the one who is close minded.

I believe lockdowns were necessary in areas or states where hospitals were overflowing. Other then that , no.

I don't remember many scientists who claimed the vaccine prevented transmission but it is a false equivalence anyhow. You can't realistically compare a 4 year old virus and thousands of years of climate data.
The alarmists are being subsidized by gov money.
Again, you reject any discussion or resistance. That says more about the dubiousness of the alarmist agenda.

Discussion between the two positions. You discounted the pragmatists as paid tools.
No I didn't. The op'er touted 1200 scientists in his post. That number is meaningless when you don't know how many contrary scientists.

I did imply that some people on the list had dubious backgrounds but that was AFTER (post 31) you claimed I was closed minded about the issue so your claim is somewhat empty.

If it makes you feel any better, I would be inclined to dismiss scientists that claim global warming is an emergency if they worked for a solar panel manufacturer as well.

According to Earth Observatory, The Earth's tilt or wobble, is not 23.5 degrees. It changes from a recorded 22.1 degrees to 24.5 degrees. Others have suggested we are off a half degree or so. These changes or affects weather. And gives power to the architects of fear who live like the most royal individuals in human history.

No I didn't. The op'er touted 1200 scientists in his post. That number is meaningless when you don't know how many contrary scientists.

I did imply that some people on the list had dubious backgrounds but that was AFTER (post 31) you claimed I was closed minded about the issue so your claim is somewhat empty.

If it makes you feel any better, I would be inclined to dismiss scientists that claim global warming is an emergency if they worked for a solar panel manufacturer as well.
The AGW alarmists don’t need to work for ‘green’ energy companies because they’re already feeding at the gov trough, either directly or indirectly.
The typical response from an alarmist is to claim doubters are being paid to doubt. Once again, the shoe is entirely on the other foot as it always is with communists.

Back in the 70's the pop culture "scientists" predicted a new ice age. The media went along with it because it sold papers and TV time but they were wrong. Fast forward to the turn of the 21st century when a failed politician with zero scientific experience created concern not about global freezing but global warming. The fad caught on when mostly foreign globalists figured out a way to extort money from good old Uncle Sam. As long as the media made money and democrats got elected the mainstream media went along with the scam.

The AGW alarmists don’t need to work for ‘green’ energy companies because they’re already feeding at the gov trough, either directly or indirectly.
The typical response from an alarmist is to claim doubters are being paid to doubt. Once again, the shoe is entirely on the other foot as it always is with communists.
You seem closed minded about the issue.

Forum List

Back