$1,000 per individual -- $500 per child -- $75K income limit for individuals, $150K for married

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
and we are likely to go on curfews and lockdowns

that should be enough cash as a stimulus to keep everyone afloat; but damn; we are mortgaging our future

do we cancel our debt with China as retaliation???

Trump wants direct payments of $1,000 for adults, $500 for kids in coronavirus stimulus bill, Mnuchin says

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Thursday laid out details of the Trump administration’s plan to send Americans relief money as part of a massive stimulus package to blunt the impact of the novel coronavirus crisis.

Mnuchin said in a Fox Business Network interview that the plan, which is being discussed with congressional leaders of both parties, would send payments totaling $500 billion directly to Americans.

That money would be divided into two large tranches.

“The first one would be $1,000 per person, $500 per child,” Mnuchin said. “So for a family of four, that’s a $3,000 payment.

that should be enough cash as a stimulus to keep everyone afloat; but damn; we are mortgaging our future

well that 'stimulus' seems a bit moot, considering if we are lockedown & quarantined, we can't get out & spend it to help move the economy along..

well that 'stimulus' seems a bit moot, considering if we are lockedown & quarantined, we can't get out & spend it to help move the economy along..
I agree, but there are families that work has been shut down for them, so it can help them pay some bills.

I do actually hate to see any major sort of stimulus pkg. at this point, though. It hasn’t even been 30 days.

but you can pay your utility bills and rent/mortgage

Representative ISIS from MN has praised Trump on this (and his handling of the crisis in general); as have the Governors of NY & CA

we live in interesting times

f07203eb299b1e0b0e9845acb3e8ae9a.gif

Cancel debt? We are going to need buyers for debt. That is one stupid idea...

Cancel debt? We are going to need buyers for debt. That is one stupid idea...
it is actually being discussed

we are in a Cold War with China

we are about to ramp up pharma manufacturing

things could get pretty ugly on the China front; ugly in a way that makes calling it the "China Flu" seem mild...

I agree, but there are families that work has been shut down for them, so it can help them pay some bills.

I do actually hate to see any major sort of stimulus pkg. at this point, though. It hasn’t even been 30 days.
People are already being laid off by the millions. We are in a recession.

Just because you are doing fine does not mean other people are. Many millions of people live paycheck to paycheck. 30 days is two paychecks lost. That's rent, food, utilities going unpaid.

People are already being laid off by the millions. We are in a recession.

Just because you are doing fine does not mean other people are. Many millions of people live paycheck to paycheck. 30 days is two paychecks lost. That's rent, food, utilities going unpaid.
Thus what I stated.

Most of our debt is money we owe to ourselves. China holds about $1.1 trillion of our debt. Japan holds about $1.15 trillion of our debt. In total, foreign nations hold about 16% of our debt. 84% of our debt is held by American citizens or by the government itself.

As for the stimulus money, I'd give $2,000 to every working adult--whether part-time or full-time--who earns less than $80K per year. I'd give $1,200 to every working adult who earns between $80K and $100K. I'd give $1,000 to every working adult who earns between $100K and $150K. I'd give $2,000 to every non-working person age 62 and older.

What about for people who didn't work before? Are they just getting a handout? A family(mother and father included) that don't work with 6 kids would be getting 5k per month. What a joke. The income restriction is crap too. What about a if the family income is 149k, do they still get all the money or just up to the point that puts them to 150k? Democrats will never want to get rid of this. They love "free" stuff. When this ends, they will accuse Trump of taking money from people.

Yes.

we are in a Cold War with China
What a stupid thing to say.
whatever you say chief

Coronavirus Rocks Already Strained Ties Between U.S. and China | RealClearPolitics

WASHINGTON (AP) — Badly strained ties between the United States and China are deteriorating further with the two sides hurling harsh accusations and bitter name-calling over responsibility for the spread of the novel coronavirus.

The global pandemic is just one in a series of irritants that has rocked the relationship between Washington and Beijing since the Trump administration began to step up long-simmering confrontations on issues ranging from territory to trade to high-tech telecommunications.

Sijnce DC is also calling for no evictions or foreclosures, due to this pandemic, there isn't the same pressure for people to pay those things. Those who can and are honest enough to do so will, but if it's not 'required' and no consequences, how many will pay their bills????????

you can buy food and try to pay some bills and keep from going further under.

What about for people who didn't work before?
the elementary school in my neighborhood is the distribution point for ALL free and reduced lunch (and breakfast)

Hoover, AL -- 8th largest municipality in the state & part of Metro Birmingham

this is happening everywhere

meals are being bagged & parents are going through the carpool line to pick up

What about for people who didn't work before? Are they just getting a handout? A family(mother and father included) that don't work with 6 kids would be getting 5k per month. What a joke. The income restriction is crap too. Democrats will never want to get rid of this. They love "free" stuff. When this ends, they will accuse Trump of taking money from people.
I’ve not heard they plan on paying it out monthly. Just a two time thing for now.

Forum List

Back