Why are Democrats against Voter ID?

They are trying to suppress voter turn out. Kansas automatically registers citizens to vote at the DL station, that's a democratic initiative. One DL bureau location per county is a republican thing. Purging people from the voter rolls and forcing them to reregister for as little as one missed election is a republican thing. Online voter registration is a Democratic thing.

The back and forth has been going on here for well over a decade.
Drivers licenses are issued by the State, not the county. I see several counties on the KS DOL website that have 2-4 locations.

Most of the counties in my State (WA) only have one DOL location, including the County I live in. WA does voter registrations at the DOL office also, but no one is accusing anyone of voter suppression here.

You cannot purge a voter for missing one election in any State. That is a violation of Federal law.

Other than the requirement for a vision test at every renewal, your system is not substantially different than my State.

You also have online voter registration, same as we do. I do not see anything that makes me think anyone is trying to suppress voter turnout in Kansas.

Last edited:
Drivers licenses are issued by the State, not the county. I see several counties on the KS DOL website that have 2-4 locations.

Most of the counties in my State (WA) only have one DOL location, including the County I live in. WA does voter registrations at the DOL office also, but no one is accusing anyone of voter suppression here.

You cannot purge a voter for missing one election in any State. That is a violation of Federal law.

Other than the requirement for a vision test at every renewal, your system is not substantially different than my State.

Reminder
Creepy is the biggest partisan liar in the history of history.

Hey Robert W what is an acceptable "Voter ID"

1). An NRA card
2). A University ID
3). A Drivers License
4). A Passport
5). A Library Card
6). Feel Free to add or subtract Robert, but first comment on 1-5.
I have never seen a NRA card so can't comment.
A University ID could work if the state showed a voter ID number issued by the State plus confirmed them to be a citizen.
A Drivers license works where States investigate the party as to being citizen and the age is verified on the License.
A Passport I am not sure about. I don't have one and do not comment on things I have no personal knowledge of.
A Library card could work if the State shows the license number, date of birth and did proper investigation to verify party as a citizen.
Idaho vetted me by seeing my Birth certificate, verifying my address is in Idaho and uses my Drivers license with all date as proof.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
A University ID could work if the state showed a voter ID number issued by the State plus confirmed them to be a citizen.
A Drivers license works where States investigate the party as to being citizen and the age is verified on the License.
A Passport I am not sure about. I don't have one and do not comment on things I have no personal knowledge of.
A Library card could work if the State shows the license number, date of birth and did proper investigation to verify party as a citizen.
Idaho vetted me by seeing my Birth certificate, verifying my address is in Idaho and uses my Drivers license with all date as proof.
So WHY is it that States Can't find a simple solution to Voter ID?
I support voter ID.

Why do the Red States make up these ridiculous voter ID stipulations.
For Example.....
Voter identification laws by state

The way things are going, they will want the colour of our underpants as well. All because of the minority fraudsters, the majority have to suffer this ID rigmarole.
I'm pretty sure the majority if not all the fraudsters were Republican this cycle.

I see if one doesn't drive in the US one can't take part in society...

I see if one doesn't drive in the US one can't take part in society...
Idaho:

Register to Vote​

The first step to voting is to register. You can register for the first time, find out if you are already registered, or change your information using the tools below.

Register/Update Your Registration​

You’ll need to register to vote or update your registration if you have not registered or if you have changed your name or address. You will need a current driver’s license or free identification card to use the online registration portal.

🤡

1 Biden has done no such thing, this is stupid to say. Typical as it is.
2 they can't vote
Neither Biden's nor Trump's.

🤡
First you are discussing illegal aliens who are here by breaking laws just for openers.

Undocumented immigrants are allowed to vote in local elections in some municipalities​

Undocumented immigrants and other noncitizens can’t vote for federal or state offices, but they can vote for local offices in more than a dozen municipalities.

Undocumented immigrants are allowed to vote in local elections in some municipalities
You are OLD.....like 85+

Chances are that your FAMILY started here in the US as undocumented immigrants.
Got any proof that YOUR FAMILY is legit as "Legal"

You are OLD.....like 85+

Chances are that your FAMILY started here in the US as undocumented immigrants.
Got any proof that YOUR FAMILY is legit as "Legal"
My family arrived in VA in the 1600s. Also I have documents showing I am a citizen.

In my city, and many other places, the DMV is placed way far away from most people with no bus routes. Since a license or State ID is required to vote, many Black people just give up.

Forum List

Back