Why are Democrats against Voter ID?

This is a discussion among those who want no Voter ID vs those who want it and explain why it is needed.
Hey Robert W what is an acceptable "Voter ID"

1). An NRA card
2). A University ID
3). A Drivers License
4). A Passport
5). A Library Card
6). Feel Free to add or subtract Robert, but first comment on 1-5.

Creepy is literally the biggest liar here.
I looked at the Kansas requirements, and they do seem pretty fussy to me.

I've been doing my renewals online for quite a while now. My State is pretty lax in that regard. You check a couple boxes and pay the fee and your new license shows up in the mail.

I don't think I've been to a DMV office in more than 20 years...

Interesting that you can only do it once, but better than nothing I suppose.
I think it's every other renewal, not once and done.

Kansas rules do seem strict to me. I would have thought a farm State would be more relaxed about issuing DL's.

As a liberal I am fine with voter ID as long as i can still vote if I forget mine, or can’t find it, or dont have one. I am a citizen with a right to vote and forgetting my ID does not give away that right.

I looked at the Kansas requirements, and they do seem pretty fussy to me.

I've been doing my renewals online for quite a while now. My State is pretty lax in that regard. You check a couple boxes and pay the fee and your new license shows up in the mail.

I don't think I've been to a DMV office in more than 20 years...

Here in NC the voters keep passing voter ID laws, the NAACP keeps suing saying that blacks can't get ID.

They are free, if they can't afford them.

As a liberal I am fine with voter ID as long as i can still vote if I forget mine, or can’t find it, or dont have one. I am a citizen with a right to vote and forgetting my ID does not give away that right.

Do you know what a provisional ballot is, kid?

I think it's every other renewal, not once and done.

Kansas rules do seem strict to me. I would have thought a farm State would be more relaxed about issuing DL's.
They are trying to suppress voter turn out. Kansas automatically registers citizens to vote at the DL station, that's a democratic initiative. One DL bureau location per county is a republican thing. Purging people from the voter rolls and forcing them to reregister for as little as one missed election is a republican thing. Online voter registration is a Democratic thing.

The back and forth has been going on here for well over a decade.

Forum List

Back