Why are Democrats against Voter ID?

Alright I'll assume you have corrected me.

Anyway, Black people may struggle to be fulfilled because of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. When they can't be safe or they worry about their lives for instance, we should not expect them to be fulfilled.
And how is this different from white people or Hispanic people, or Asian people or ....

And how is this different from white people or Hispanic people, or Asian people or ....
It's different because it's proportionately more of Black people, hence it is a classification of people that can be drawn to help people overall.

And it would be pleasing to me if you looked at everyone on earth separately.

So the ID would be free, that solves the money part. They are smart enough to get ID, what is the downside?
I changed my mind in the thread that I don't see too much of a downside.

The problem as I saw it was that the ID wasn't free because DMVs are often far away without bus stops.

So the ID would be free, that solves the money part. They are smart enough to get ID, what is the downside?
  • Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
  • More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
  • 1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.
  • Many ID-issuing offices maintain limited business hours. For example, the office in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month. But only four months in 2012 — February, May, August, and October — have five Wednesdays. In other states — Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas — many part-time ID-issuing offices are in the rural regions with the highest concentrations of people of color and people in poverty.

• Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
  • More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
  • 1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.
  • Many ID-issuing offices maintain limited business hours. For example, the office in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month. But only four months in 2012 — February, May, August, and October — have five Wednesdays. In other states — Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas — many part-time ID-issuing offices are in the rural regions with the highest concentrations of people of color and people in poverty.
yeah, but someone on this board reported that it still wasn't an issue.

Requiring proof of citizenship to vote seems obvious and necessary. Requiring an ID that costs money can be a poll tax. Homeless and very poor people may have expired ID.

It's different because it's proportionately more of Black people, hence it is a classification of people that can be drawn to help people overall.

And it would be pleasing to me if you looked at everyone on earth separately.
I do. You're the one putting them into boxes based on their skin color. Rather racist.

• Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.

So what's preventing them from getting ID on those two days?

Forum List

Back