What next for the Suns? Durant is probably gone.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
The "big three" never of Booker, Durant and Beal never materialized. It looked great on paper but they finished 6th in the West and never even competed with the T-Wolves. I never liked the Durant trade I hope they get a speedy guard like Maxie (although they'll never get him).

I've been a Suns fan for over 45 years now, and they suffered yet another letdown in this year's playoffs. I may never see them win a championship in my lifetime. (I'm 63.) They've proven all the money and talent will not win you a championship. I'll still root for them, but it gets harder each season to do so.

I've been a Suns fan for over 45 years now, and they suffered yet another letdown in this year's playoffs. I may never see them win a championship in my lifetime. (I'm 63.) They've proven all the money and talent will not win you a championship. I'll still root for them, but it gets harder each season to do so.
I really liked that team they had with Monty Williams, with that strong bench. But they blew it up and I don't know what they do now honestly.

It never looked good on paper, they mortgaged away their future for an aging player who was on the downside of his career. Didn't they force the former owner to sell? The new owner is clueless.

It never looked good on paper, they mortgaged away their future for an aging player who was on the downside of his career. Didn't they force the former owner to sell? The new owner is clueless.
Like I said I never liked the Durant trade but when they got Beal I thought "Hmmm ok maybe". That's what I meant. But Beal just looks like one of those guys like Kawai Leonard who is always going to be injured, so yeah Suns are now a "project".

Like I said I never liked the Durant trade but when they got Beal I thought "Hmmm ok maybe". That's what I meant. But Beal just looks like one of those guys like Kawai Leonard who is always going to be injured, so yeah Suns are now a "project".
Yea, but basketball insiders knew the Beal trade was a bad one, even if he is a good scorer, he has to go to the right team and the night situation, and it was never with the Suns. Horrible trade, because he also has a horrible contract with a no trade clause in it and no one will be as stupid as the Suns to accept that contract in a trade.

Yea, but basketball insiders knew the Beal trade was a bad one, even if he is a good scorer, he has to go to the right team and the night situation, and it was never with the Suns. Horrible trade, because he also has a horrible contract with a no trade clause in it and no one will be as stupid as the Suns to accept that contract in a trade.
Well I'm obviously not an insider, but Beal could have worked out I believe if he could stay healthy. He's another Kawai Leonard only not as good.

Durant’s “legacy” (or anything that existed of it) has taken a big blow. It’s hard to vault him upward like people used to. He’s basically Carmelo Anthony 2.0 who joined an already-championship Golden State team for 2 years to get his success.

MN PHX scoring results during the series don’t really show how much better MN was overall (particularly on defense). The SUNS appeared to have no shot. Durant just gave the ball away late in game 4 a few times. Coast to coast layup by Edwards to start OT. SUNS have no toughness.

That said, MN is trouble for any team to beat 4 times (and improving). Edwards also got a coast to coast layup late in game1 ar DEN. But it appears DEN at least has a chance going forward. DEN can probably out shoot them to keep up or beat them? MN has stretches of misses?

Never did I think soft SUNS could compete with MN game after game.

DISCLAIMER: I have been out of NBA for two decades. I glanced in now & then on playoffs. Zero regular season knowledge other than Lakers were a play-in? Last year MIA pulled me in to playoffs. Now I watch all the playoff games I can for betting.

Last edited:
And the Suns continue to prove to the NBA and fans everywhere they are the most clueless franchise in the league.

They just fired their head coach Frank Vogel less than a year since they signed him to a 5 year, $31,000,000 contract.

Forum List

Back