Univ of Georgia football coach to be paid $13 M a year! Amateur sport???

Not quite for free. The schedules for student-athletes is brutal.
No cash involved, though. That's the point, an athlete on a full scholarship is receiving something for free that other students pay tens of thousands of dollars every year to get.

No cash involved, though. That's the point, an athlete on a full scholarship is receiving something for free that other students pay tens of thousands of dollars every year to get.

Yes they do. And some students do work-study or other jobs for scholarships.

Football is not funded by taxpayers
you were saying??

The city might have to borrow funds, reallocate funds, issue bonds, or try to find funding from a state or federal government. The budgetary impact could be significant, and that is why there are so many intense battles around building sports facilities with public funds

the school and scholarships are and the football program is funded by the school,,

your leftist word games wont change that,,
The private revenue that a school like Georgia makes from football is much more than it costs for 85 student athletes

The private revenue that a school like Georgia makes from football is much more than it costs for 85 student athletes
but they dont use that money to offset the scholarships and building of the stadiums along with most of what else happens,,

you were saying??

The city might have to borrow funds, reallocate funds, issue bonds, or try to find funding from a state or federal government. The budgetary impact could be significant, and that is why there are so many intense battles around building sports facilities with public funds

Your “proof” is much too vague and generalized to be of much use when the topic is Georgia, or Ohio State, or Texas

The only school mentioned was a small college in Ohio which in no way compares to a Power Five program like LSU or Florida

Not even Michigan makes enough to pay for a new stadium in one season

But typically a stadium lasts for decades and always returns on the investment

Your “proof” is much too vague and generalized to be of much use when the topic is Georgia, or Ohio State, or Texas

The only school mentioned was a small college in Ohio which in no way compares to a Power Five program like LSU or Florida

Not even Michigan makes enough to pay for a new stadium in one season

But typically a stadium lasts for decades and always returns on the investment
of course you can provide the books for georgia to show where their money goes,, like did they pay for the stadium themselves??

you were saying??

The cities also thrive on the 4 or so home games. Nothing like drawing 80,000 tourists without much effort.

And every beer, Coke and hotdog sold in the stadium pays taxes. Every hotel room is taxed at high rates, added to already elevated prices. Every meal served in a restaurant or fast food joint on game weekend is taxed. Every item of memorabilia, flag, set of pom-poms and programs is taxed.

The cities also thrive on the 4 or so home games. Nothing like drawing 80,000 tourists without much effort.

And every beer, Coke and hotdog sold in the stadium pays taxes. Every hotel room is taxed at high rates, added to already elevated prices. Every meal served in a restaurant or fast food joint on game weekend is taxed. Every item of memorabilia, flag, set of pom-poms and programs is taxed.
if all this is true then why do they need tax payer money??

according to you guys they should have no problem paying their own way,,

but they dont use that money to offset the scholarships and building of the stadiums along with most of what else happens,,
Again, its a private income source

The lib academics may spend some of the money unwisely, but dont blame the football team for that

Again, its a private income source

The lib academics may spend some of the money unwisely, but dont blame the football team for that
so you cant show me that the programs are paying any of the expenses to run the program,,

if I took time to look I can show you tax money going to fund them,,
but why do that when we both know its there,,

YOu are one angry lady.
Must suck to go through life like that.
I lived a good life, from living in Brazil for 5 years, Rio De Janeiro.

I have lived in Spain for 4 months, nice castles, incredible churches.
Two weeks in Argentina, wonderful.
Two weeks in England nice. Cananda for a year, nice but it was Ontario, kind of like Ohio.
I been in all the states except three.
I have lived in California. I had a rich friend there, $14 million dollar house near Carmel by the Sea, waking up with the water crashing on the cliffs. nothing like it.
When I lived in south Orange County, you would not believe how great that was.
Historic San Juan Capistrano
San Clemente where president Nixon lived.
San Juan Capistrano, I ate at places nixon ate
Dana Point, loved it, eating on the cliff, the Chart House, you could only dream of eating there.
San Fransico when it was beautiful
Temecula, southern california wine country. I was in the foothills of Mt. San Jacinto
Mojave desert, was incredible before they destroyed it with solar farms

Dinners, I have ate at few of the best place in the USA. Before prices went up, Little Napoli in Carmel by the Sea, I ate dinner alone, I spent a $175 by myself, good red wine does that.
Once in Connecticut I spent $750 on dinner for two. Wagu steaks, nice prime dry aged steaks. Just eating to try the greatest dry aged steak

The last 8 years were great, I bought a $3400 AKC champion dog. I call him Buddy.
I bought three 80 series land cruisers, nice off road stuff
2600 square foot house with a pretty good lake view
I got everything I wanted, 300 vinyl records and a rega planar 1, the rest of the stereo could be better
Books, over 1500 books, my own library

I got to laundry, but I dont feel like it so I am going to just go buy new clothes

Every been to chattanooga, I love it here. I might spend the summer here
Atlanta, I am going to Atlanta to Trader Vic's. Only two left in the USA, I been to the one on San Fransico bay, got to go to Atlanta for the other. I will buy a Mai Tai, ribs, maybe a cool appetizer

Anyone in Atlanta from here, I will buy you dinner.
Somebody here lives in Chattanooga, I offered to by beers if they met me, but being a dumbass like you, I think they were sissy pussy afraid.

I had a bad day today, but you made it great, forcing me to think all that I have to be thankful for, I do thank Trump for all I have. Praise be to Trump, that was a great 4 years.

I lived a good life, from living in Brazil for 5 years, Rio De Janeiro.

I have lived in Spain for 4 months, nice castles, incredible churches.
Two weeks in Argentina, wonderful.
Two weeks in England nice. Cananda for a year, nice but it was Ontario, kind of like Ohio.
I been in all the states except three.
I have lived in California. I had a rich friend there, $14 million dollar house near Carmel by the Sea, waking up with the water crashing on the cliffs. nothing like it.
When I lived in south Orange County, you would not believe how great that was.
Historic San Juan Capistrano
San Clemente where president Nixon lived.
San Juan Capistrano, I ate at places nixon ate
Dana Point, loved it, eating on the cliff, the Chart House, you could only dream of eating there.
San Fransico when it was beautiful
Temecula, southern california wine country. I was in the foothills of Mt. San Jacinto
Mojave desert, was incredible before they destroyed it with solar farms

Dinners, I have ate at few of the best place in the USA. Before prices went up, Little Napoli in Carmel by the Sea, I ate dinner alone, I spent a $175 by myself, good red wine does that.
Once in Connecticut I spent $750 on dinner for two. Wagu steaks, nice prime dry aged steaks. Just eating to try the greatest dry aged steak

The last 8 years were great, I bought a $3400 AKC champion dog. I call him Buddy.
I bought three 80 series land cruisers, nice off road stuff
2600 square foot house with a pretty good lake view
I got everything I wanted, 300 vinyl records and a rega planar 1, the rest of the stereo could be better
Books, over 1500 books, my own library

I got to laundry, but I dont feel like it so I am going to just go buy new clothes

Every been to chattanooga, I love it here. I might spend the summer here
Atlanta, I am going to Atlanta to Trader Vic's. Only two left in the USA, I been to the one on San Fransico bay, got to go to Atlanta for the other. I will buy a Mai Tai, ribs, maybe a cool appetizer

Anyone in Atlanta from here, I will buy you dinner.
Somebody here lives in Chattanooga, I offered to by beers if they met me, but being a dumbass like you, I think they were sissy pussy afraid.

I had a bad day today, but you made it great, forcing me to think all that I have to be thankful for, I do thank Trump for all I have. Praise be to Trump, that was a great 4 years.
Right, you've got such a good life you have time to stalk me and call me names here every day, lol

1714777002462.png

Forum List

Back