Univ of Georgia football coach to be paid $13 M a year! Amateur sport???

Dunno....

You get rid of that 13M salary, that pays for a lot of tuition.

According to this report football generated $134 million in income - private money - and only cost $48 million

Thats almost $90 million in profit for the university which seems like a good deal for taxpayers to me

Of course...just a hundred thousand in debt when they graduate because college costs are out of control. Meanwhile coaches are making $68M for not coaching.

Makes all the sense in the world.

Which has exactly zero to do with the football program. College football isnt field hockey, it generates money for colleges and universities. How about this we just eliminate all the sports at colleges which are not either self-sustaining or a net income positive for the universities. Doing away with football at UGA (or most other colleges) will not lower the tuition a penny.

What is your point other than being pissed about the existance of college football?

There is no guilt associated with this great American sport and spectacle except in your mind

For the rest of us its something to look forward to each Fall
when did I ever complain about college football??

from the beginning its been about tax payer money going to them when they produce enough money to run their own program,,

why do you cock sucking leftist always claim people sy things they never say??

on the otherhand youve made it clear you dint give a shit about the tax payer as long as you get y=to watch your childrens game,

when did I ever complain about college football??

from the beginning its been about tax payer money going to them when they produce enough money to run their own program,,

why do you cock sucking leftist always claim people sy things they never say??

on the otherhand youve made it clear you dint give a shit about the tax payer as long as you get y=to watch your childrens game,
I have carefully explained to you that major college football costs tax payers little or nothing

I have carefully explained to you that major college football costs tax payers little or nothing
telling me doesnt mean shit,,

are you directly involved in the college admins to even know all the facts enough to make it possible to even take you seriously??

so far you havent relayed that to me,,,, FFS all youve given me is your opinion,,,

why do you leftist fucks not give a shit about tax payers when its something you like??

are you directly involved in the college admins to even know all the facts enough to make it possible to even take you seriously??

so far you havent relayed that to me,,,, FFS all youve given me is your opinion,,,

why do you leftist fucks not give a shit about tax payers when its something you like??

Few college athletic departments turn a profit or break even writ large. That said I dont know what that is because none of the programs under that umbrella are self sustaining or if the AD budget is bloated due to having to have programs which are not self sustaining monetarily. I would venture to say that colleges were not allowed to spend any money on athletic programs which not generated by the athletic department it would blow up title 9 and most men's sports as well.

Few college athletic departments turn a profit or break even writ large. That said I dont know what that is because none of the programs under that umbrella are self sustaining or if the AD budget is bloated due to having to have programs which are not self sustaining monetarily. I would venture to say that colleges were not allowed to spend any money on athletic programs which not generated by the athletic department it would blow up title 9 and most men's sports as well.
when one makes 200 million a yr they can pay their own way instead of the tax payer,,

taxs should go to build and maintain the educational structures,, the rest should be from tuitions,, and proceeds of student activities,,

when one makes 200 million a yr they can pay their own way instead of the tax payer,,

taxs should go to build and maintain the educational structures,, the rest should be from tuitions,, and proceeds of student activities,,

Sure. I kinda doubt the UGA football program is taking any taxpayer money.

Sure. I kinda doubt the UGA football program is taking any taxpayer money.
the school that provides their infrastructure does take tax payer money,,

and in the case of a program like this that makes 200 million a yr and pays coachs 13 million a yr, they can take that money and use it to pay their own way and not burden the already over taxed tax payer,,

the school that provides their infrastructure does take tax payer money,,

and in the case of a program like this that makes 200 million a yr and pays coachs 13 million a yr, they can take that money and use it to pay their own way and not burden the already over taxed tax payer,,

Try again dumb ass

University System of Georgia regents voted Tuesday to approve the plan for Sanford Stadium, which will be paid for with private donations and borrowing by the private UGA Athletic Association.

Try again dumb ass

University System of Georgia regents voted Tuesday to approve the plan for Sanford Stadium, which will be paid for with private donations and borrowing by the private UGA Athletic Association.
if they can afford to pay for a stadium they can afford to not recieve tax payer money and pay tuitions for players themselves along with anything else hat uses tax money,,

I have tried to explain

If you arent convinced thats ok

We’ll just have to agree to disagree

Football is too American for the Democrats, it must be destroyed.
Which Side of the Political Aisle is Cancelling the NFL and the NCAA.
Newsflash.......it's the RWI's doing this.

I LOVE Football, I even watch reruns.

Do you have any evidence the football team at UGA uses any tax payer money?
oh dear god you cant be that ignorant,,

the school that supports them does and by extension they do,,

does their scholarship money come out of proceeds from the games or the school fund??

who pays for the buildings they sleep in??

who pays for the food they eat in the school cafeteria??

who pays the teachers that teach them??

I could go on but whats the use,, you drones will never get it,,

oh dear god you cant be that ignorant,,

the school that supports them does and by extension they do,,

does their scholarship money come out of proceeds from the games or the school fund??

who pays for the buildings they sleep in??

who pays for the food they eat in the school cafeteria??

who pays the teachers that teach them??

I could go on but whats the use,, you drones will never get it,,
So no then?

Yeah I’m a leftist. Not Everything is political you know.
you want tax payer money to go to your pet projects and dont give a rats ass about the people that can barely afford to pay it,,

first its student loans and now its sports teams that make hundreds of millions a yr,,

can only imagine whats next,,

all I want is if they can make hundreds of millions a yr they can pay their own tuition and other expenses the tax payer is paying for,, but you cant have that can you,,

Forum List

Back