Univ of Georgia football coach to be paid $13 M a year! Amateur sport???

StatesRightsForever

May 1, 2024
That's what the players are told anyway. It's an amateur sport so we can't pay you anything. You get a scholarship only.

Kirby Smart has built a powerhouse football program at the University of Georgia and the school has rewarded with a contract extension and raise that will make him the highest-paid coach in in college football.

The school announced on Thursday that a new two-year contract extension through the 2033 season has been approved for Smart, one that will increase his annual salary to $13 million per year.

That's what the players are told anyway. It's an amateur sport so we can't pay you anything. You get a scholarship only.

a scholarship is more than enough payment and a lot of perks come with that other students dont get,,,

and this couch isnt worth it,,

I hear it can cost more to go to a college game than a pro game for non students,,

The Dawgs have been and still are one of the elite teams in the country... the team brings millions of dollars back to the school....
that does not matter to those who support democrats, they will attack anything great in america, not because they can articulate what is wrong, but because they hear the endless repetition of the hate the democrats spew to divide and destroy so that they can save the dumbasses from the evil rich.

The Georgia Bulldogs football program is supporting the entire athletic dept and providing millions for the school. That all comes back to the head coach.

miles_davis_so_what_meme-S.jpg

Time to catch up with the real world instead of just looking for an argument.

The Georgia Bulldogs football program is supporting the entire athletic dept and providing millions for the school. That all comes back to the head coach.

There comes a point where you have to wonder.

I quit watching pro football a long time ago, in part due to the amount of money being paid and all the drama.

A team wasn't a team. The roster kept changing as players left for huge paydays.

If that's all the sport was to them, then I decided it wasn't much of a sport (and still isn't) and I could care less.

I am sure they don't miss me.

Jed Fisch was given an opportunity at Arizona (nobody could figure out why they hired him....and frankly, some of us thought it was because they couldn't get anyone else). And he turned that that thing around in a hurry.

He beat ASU the last two years.

And I worried what would happen....sure enough....it's off to Washington and more prestige and money.

Lute Olsen came to Arizona when it was in the toilet. I can remember when I learned he'd been hired....I could not believe it. He had the program hitting on all cylinders and I thought he'd move on. He didn't . He is an icon in Tucson (and really in the state). They loved him there.

Larry Smith and John Cooper were coaches at Arizona and Arizona State respectively. At one point, I think they had the #3 and #6 teams on the AP poll. They were both rolling. The state loved both of them.

I worried about Larry Smith and sure enough, he jumped to USC. He was an immortal in Tucson. He wowed them at USC for three seasons....but things went downhill and they fired him Never would have happened in Tucson. There just were not the expectations and I knew he could have kicked butt (his successor Dick Tomey did a great job building on what Smith had done.....I think Smith would have done even better).

John Cooper had put ASU back on the map. He was loved in Tempe. He was successful. Then Ohio State called. He was successful, but never really liked (not like they liked him at ASU). He did some good stuff but was eventually fired (after a winning, but not winning enough) season.

Money, prestige, whatever. A program is a program. And Lute Olsen proved you can take a little known program to the stars (something like 24 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances).

13 million is stupid. You've probably got kids working at McDonalds to get by and this is the message you send ?

College football and basketball have eclipsed the education you get there. The spirit is still there. It's just like there is a shadow over it now.

a scholarship is more than enough payment and a lot of perks come with that other students dont get,,,

and this couch isnt worth it,,

I hear it can cost more to go to a college game than a pro game for non students,,
Kirby Smart has won back-to-back national championships and enriched the school by at least 10 times his salery

13 million is stupid. You've probably got kids working at McDonalds to get by and this is the message you send ?
Last time I went to McDonalds, I had to repeat my order 3 times in the speaker, and then 1 more time when I paid. Some people are overpaid.

A home should be cheap, dirt cheap, a simple place to sleep, eat, shower, and shit. They should almost be giving studio apartments away in big cities and next to industrial centers. Apartments a high school graduate with a job can buy!

But we do not have that, so I agree Hiker

all sports must be illegal. It is stupid to pay sports people anything.
all music must be illegal, It is stupid to pay people to make music
all video games must be illegal, it is stupid to pay people to make games
all movies and acting must be stopped

First they came after the rich and I did not say anything
Then they came after sports and I did nothing
They destroyed the republicans, yes!
Then they came for old white men and I cheered
Then they destroyed the statues, I did not care
They destroyed the churches, I never went
Then I heard a knock on my door

Kirby Smart has won back-to-back national championships and enriched the school by at least 10 times his salery
So tuition should be going down then right...he's brought in at least $130M (according to you).

Lets go to the video tape:

1714708975771.png

Hmmm...tuition seems to be going up as more money is coming in.

How is that possible?

Forum List

Back