Tracking pregnancies by the state.

It is likely what will give them the win.

But this thread is not about abortion, it is about if a state can punish one of its residents for something they did in a different state.

Putting aside if the SC would allow it, do you personally agree with the idea of a state punishing one of its residents for something they did in a different state?

Abortion isn't even on the list.

Americans’ Top Policy Priority for 2024: Strengthening the Economy

1714655653886.png

Inflation, Immigration Rank Among Top U.S. Issue Concerns

1714655827369.png

Yes, we're divided. But new AP-NORC poll shows Americans still agree on most core American values

1714655914915.png

But this thread is not about abortion, it is about if a state can punish one of its residents for something they did in a different state.

Putting aside if the SC would allow it, do you personally agree with the idea of a state punishing one of its residents for something they did in a different state?

Why are you afraid to answer this simple question?

This topic was brought up in the Time interview with Trump and Trump said states should decide if they wish to track pregnancies to see if women went to a different state to have an abortion and then prosecute them when they come back.

I would like to get the take of the forum on this topic.

Should a state be able to prosecute one of its residents for something they did in a different state?

It seems a pretty straight forward question.
No

Gambling is illegal in my state. According to some people, if i go to Tunica and gamble, my state has the right to charge me for gambling.
:lol:
Silly ass shit

Should it?

If the person does not break the law while in the state, what jurisdiction should the state have?

If you smoked pot in a state that allows it, should your home state that does not be allowed to charge you with doing so?

If you are going 80 in a state that allows that speed, should your home state that limits speed limits to 75 be able to ticket you?
No, and no

This topic was brought up in the Time interview with Trump and Trump said states should decide if they wish to track pregnancies to see if women went to a different state to have an abortion and then prosecute them when they come back.

Should a state be able to prosecute one of its residents for something they did in a different state?

Lets also discuss the concept of 'tracking" pregnant women. Wait...what???

Lets also discuss the concept of 'tracking" pregnant women. Wait...what???

Just think, every positive pregnancy test given by a doctor would have to be reported to the state.

That does not sound weird at all.... o_O

Should it?

If the person does not break the law while in the state, what jurisdiction should the state have?

If you smoked pot in a state that allows it, should your home state that does not be allowed to charge you with doing so?

If you are going 80 in a state that allows that speed, should your home state that limits speed limits to 75 be able to ticket you?
Extrastate jurisdiction is...difficult.
Just think, every positive pregnancy test given by a doctor would have to be reported to the state.
Thats sounds like HIPA and doctor/patient privilege.
No, it not alright, it's wrongheaded......But I can consider the source and deal with it. ;)
Pardon, when does one state have an action in another state?

I’m good with ANYTHING that may land disgusting pieces of dogshit leftists in concentration camps.
I’d support the most commie/Nazi level shit we’ve ever seen if it meant destroying leftists.

I’m good with ANYTHING that may land disgusting pieces of dogshit leftists in concentration camps.
I’d support the most commie/Nazi level shit we’ve ever seen if it meant destroying leftists.

Yes we know.

You are a big government loving authoritarian....everyone knows this already.

So you would support leftists to rid us of leftists? :lol:

Sure. Precedent has already been set at the federal level.

Yes we know.

You are a big government loving authoritarian....everyone knows this already.
Do you think such legislation would stop filthy human beings from behaving like filthy human beings? Could it force dark people and purple hair filth to fuck responsibly and not use abortion as a contraceptive?

Why are you afraid to answer this simple question?

I suppose so. If you bought legal marijuana in Colorado and got pulled over with it in another state where it wasn't legal, you'd end up being ticketed or arrested.

Thats sounds like HIPA and doctor/patient privilege.

And every pregnancies reported to the state would have to be tracked and at the end of 9 months to see if there as a live birth. If not then there would have to be an investigation to find out why.

Forum List

Back