US Message Board 🦅

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Nikki Haley Write-In Campaign --- how real? --- what impact? --- will (non-MAGA) Republicans participate?

Do you think that Nikki Haley (RFK, too) will win a sizable non-winning percentage of the vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about writing-in Nikki Haley for a couple of months now since she dropped out of the GOP primaries, and, apparently, I am far from being alone in that thinking...
------

Some Haley voters hanging on to her candidacy, refuse to endorse Trump​

When Nikki Haley suspended her presidential campaign, she refused to endorse Donald Trump for the 2024 Republican nomination — and apparently so did some of her supporters in...

ByMARC LEVY Associated Press
April 24, 2024, 10:15 AM

Some Haley voters hanging on to her candidacy, refuse to endorse Trump

--------

I will not vote for Donald Trump and I will not vote (again) for Joe Biden.

Just as RFK Jr. is likely to draw Democratic votes away from Joe Biden, so too is Nikki Haley very likely to draw votes away from Donald Trump.

Given Haley's very large minority-percentage draw at the polls prior to her exit from the campaign trail, especially some of those early states, I'm thinking she'll prove impactful.

Haley has the experience in governing and she has the foreign policy chops to be a highly effective President... if not in 2024, then in 2028.

She has strong leadership abilities and both a vision and a moral compass vastly superior to either of the pre-Boomer or early-Boomer Old Farts.

If I follow-through with my present inclination to write-in Nikki Haley it will send a signal to the Old Men and help encourage her for 2028.

In that respect ( sending a message ) at least I would not be throwing-away my vote; rather, I would be using it well, thinking of the future.

---------

Which begs a question....

Given that the election is still seven months off (as I write this) and that none of us have a crystal ball to predict the future...

And conceding in advance that neither RFK Jr. nor Nikki Haley stand any real chance of being elected in 2024...

"Do you think that Nikki Haley (RFK, too) will win a sizable non-winning percentage of the vote?"
Haley would easily defeat President Biden – hence the idiocy of Republicans nominating Trump.

john doe 101

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Globalist warmongers who support Haley are more RINO and closer to Biden. They wouldn't be missed.
You are going to miss them at the voting booth voting for republicans, traitor.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Once again, you attempt to dehumanize your fellow Americans. No real or patriotic American whatever do such a thing.

The MAGA Cult hates the United States of America even more than Putin or Xi. You call yourself patriots but you spit on everything but the flag and the constitution stands for.

Trump won’t even take an oath to the Constitution if he’s elected. That tells sane and decent Americans everything they need to know.
How would you know what patriotic Americans think, you KKKanuck moron?

Rogue AI

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You are going to miss them at the voting booth voting for republicans, traitor.
Not really, if they are such whiney and fragile creatures because their candidate lost in the primaries they are of little value to Republicans. Best they vote Biden and be true to themselves.

The traitors are those who support allowing hordes of illegal alien peasants to pollute our country.

LeroyDumonde

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you don't like Biden and Trump then congrats, you are sane. However, instead of wasting your vote on Haley or RFK Jr. find a third party that you like and vote for its candidate. That person isn't going to win, but you'll be helping the party gain automatic ballot access in the next election.

john doe 101

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not really, if they are such whiney and fragile creatures because their candidate lost in the primaries they are of little value to Republicans. Best they vote Biden and be true to themselves.

The traitors are those who support allowing hordes of illegal alien peasants to pollute our country.
Pretty sure they are valuable republican votes. But I'm sure you'll just ignore all that and say the election was rigged when trump loses.

Rogue AI

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they are valuable republican votes. But I'm sure you'll just ignore all that and say the election was rigged when trump loses.
We'll see. If Trump loses it won't be because of write votes for Haley, that's too much work for the Democrat cheat machine.

john doe 101

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you folks should have a good cry and finally get over Hillary losing. It's been years. That at the root of this pathetic TDS epidemic.
Who is crying on here about Hillary? LOL almost every post by you losers is crying over trump losing. It's sad and pathetic.

Kondor3

Cafeteria Centrist
Reaction score
Why not just waste your time and write in B.A. Baracus or Hulk Hogan or Mickey Mouse like the rest of the no difference making clowns around here?
Then…after you refuse to cast a meaningful vote you outta spend your days on a political internet forum talking about how fucked up shit is.
Totally sensible in the leftist Twilight Zone.
The only "side" that I'm on is the side of the United States of America, its People, their Republic, and its Constitution.

A loyalty that you lost sight of a very, very long time ago.

Kondor3

Cafeteria Centrist
Reaction score
Haley would easily defeat President Biden – hence the idiocy of Republicans nominating Trump.
Yes. That has occurred to me as well.

But I think that the Republicans need to get their nose bloodied one last time with the Orange Baboon.

Once their Loser-in-Chief is sidelined, enough of them may return to sanity that the Party might actually recover.

But it's going to be a "near-run thing" and is by no means certain.

Alan Stallion

Civil Rights Advocate
Reaction score
Your options for the presidential ballot (in no particular order)
D candidate
R candidate
L candidate
G candidate
some other "third party" candidate
Leave it BLANK
Write-in candidate

What happens if you write-in a candidate?

Well, your ballot will be kicked out of a machine count. That means it falls into the hands of election officers. Do you trust the election officers to tally your vote correctly?

Even if you have trust in elected officers handling your ballot, there are other considerations.

Even if you write-in a candidate, it may not be counted toward your candidate of choice, legally. From my experience in California (your state's requirements may vary), you have to qualify a candidate just to make that candidate a valid write-in choice (that may mean gathering signatures and/or paying a fee, per county). If not a qualified write-in choice, the write-in becomes a non-vote (again, if you trust elected officials).

Just leave the choice blank if you feel the need to make a statement of none-of-the-above.

GMCGeneral

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Once again, you attempt to dehumanize your fellow Americans. No real or patriotic American whatever do such a thing.

The MAGA Cult hates the United States of America even more than Putin or Xi. You call yourself patriots but you spit on everything but the flag and the constitution stands for.

Trump won’t even take an oath to the Constitution if he’s elected. That tells sane and decent Americans everything they need to know.
No, we love the United States, just hate the Liberal infested blue shitholes.

Dragonlady

Designing Woman
Reaction score
That should hurt Biden more than Trump. Thanks for the uplifting message!

Given that Donald Trump needs to find 7 million more voters than he had in 2020, he can’t afford to alienate or drive away a single one of them if he is to have any possibility whatsoever of beating Joe Biden next Fall.

In the early days of the campaign, he was barely getting 50% of the Republican vote and many people coming out of his rallies are saying that they liked his policies, but they can’t take anymore of his chaos.

They may like Trump, but they were DONE with him when they voted him out of office in 2020.

Forum List