Debate Now The Joe Biden USMB Approval Rating Thread

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
I know the mods really dislike this forum and for reasonable reasons, but it's still here and I'm going to request that they indulge me in a structured conversation that has only two simple rules:

RULE No. 1: The topic is limited to why you will vote for Joe Biden in 2024.

RULE No. 2: Donald Trump cannot be named or referenced in this thread. Focus only why Biden is supported.

According to almost every poll out there re issues important to America, Joe Biden gets low approval ratings and high disapproval ratings including:
--The economy/inflation/energy
--The border/immigration
--Foreign relations (Russia vs Ukraine; Hamas vs Israel etc.)
Etc.

But poll only registered Democrats or a few demographics and his approval ratings remain mostly at above 50%.

So let us know what Biden has done that inspires you to vote for him again or for the first time in 2024.

He's done an excellent job under very difficult circumstances, wracking up considerably more wins than I would have thought possible four years ago.

Some high points, in no particular order:
  • Actually did build back better, achieving G7-leading real GDP growth, restoring real wage growth, sparking a productivity boom, and stewarding the longest stretch of sub-4% unemployment in half a century while overseeing the first real decreases in inequality in recent memory
  • Immediately stabilized a teetering economy, pushing through aid to families that achieved unprecedented reductions in poverty (particularly child poverty), housing instability, and uninsurance
  • Guided the country out of the pandemic (e.g., massively successful vaccine rollout and use of the DPA to produce key supplies, while pushing through the American Rescue Plan to keep the economy afloat)
  • Untangled the post-COVID supply chain crisis, mitigating the post-pandemic price spikes
  • Beefed up the Affordable Care Act, lowering health care costs for millions of Americans and pushing uninsurance to an all-time low
  • Finally got Medicare the authority to negotiate prescription drug prices, poising seniors and taxpayers to save billions
  • Is making huge and long-awaited investments in American infrastructure, including roads and bridges, rail, the power grid, and broadband
  • Is making huge investments in American science and manufacturing capacity, leading to (among other things) the current American factory-building boom
  • Finally ended 20 years of futility in Afghanistan and de-escalated the drone war
  • Made the largest investment in combating climate change in American history, sparking (among other things) an electric vehicle price war
  • Made competition policy a centerpiece of his agenda, chilling the ongoing consolidation of our markets
  • Reasserted American's role as the leader of the free world and arsenal of democracy, realigning the U.S. against authoritarianism
  • Finally reformed the Postal Service, providing a pathway to fix its fiscal crisis
  • Has repeatedly backed the current resurgence of labor
  • Negotiated a global minimum corporate tax to preserve American competitiveness
  • Stood up to China, restricting their access to advanced chips, limiting U.S. investment in China, and gearing up to cut off their access to American cloud-computing services
  • Revamped the income-driven student loan repayment plans to make them more affordable for borrowers (I'll throw into this item Biden actually honoring the government's commitments under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program instead of screwing then over red tape nonsense)
  • Got the first bipartisan gun control legislation in three decades (one in a string of unexpected bipartisan successes Biden achieved)
  • Got better health care for vets exposed to toxic substances (over inexplicable GOP opposition)
  • Has taken the first steps toward decriminalizing marijuana, starting with blanket pardons
  • Implemented a whole slew of consumer protections for families on everything from the obligations airlines have around the way they treat their customers to surprise medical billing to disclosure of junk fees

He's done an excellent job under very difficult circumstances, wracking up considerably more wins than I would have thought possible four years ago.

• Actually did build back better, achieving G7-leading real GDP growth, restoring real wage growth, sparking a productivity boom, and stewarding the longest stretch of sub-4% unemployment in half a century while overseeing the first real decreases in inequality in recent memory
  • Immediately stabilized a teetering economy, pushing through aid to families that achieved unprecedented reductions in poverty (particularly child poverty), housing instability, and uninsurance
  • Guided the country out of the pandemic (e.g., massively successful vaccine rollout and use of the DPA to produce key supplies, while pushing through the American Rescue Plan to keep the economy afloat)
  • Untangled the post-COVID supply chain crisis, mitigating the post-pandemic price spikes
  • Beefed up the Affordable Care Act, lowering health care costs for millions of Americans and pushing uninsurance to an all-time low
  • Finally got Medicare the authority to negotiate prescription drug prices, poising seniors and taxpayers to save billions
  • Is making huge and long-awaited investments in American infrastructure, including roads and bridges, rail, the power grid, and broadband
  • Is making huge investments in American science and manufacturing capacity, leading to (among other things) the current American factory-building boom
  • Finally ended 20 years of futility in Afghanistan and de-escalated the drone war
  • Made the largest investment in combating climate change in American history, sparking (among other things) an electric vehicle price war
  • Made competition policy a centerpiece of his agenda, chilling the ongoing consolidation of our markets
  • Reasserted American's role as the leader of the free world and arsenal of democracy, realigning the U.S. against authoritarianism
  • Finally reformed the Postal Service, providing a pathway to fix its fiscal crisis
  • Negotiated a global minimum corporate tax to preserve American competitiveness
  • Stood up to China, restricting their access to advanced chips, limiting U.S. investment in China, and gearing up to cut off their access to American cloud-computing services
  • Revamped the income-driven student loan repayment plans to make them more affordable for borrowers (I'll throw into this item Biden actually honoring the government's commitments under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program instead of screwing then over red tape nonsense)
  • Got the first bipartisan gun control legislation in three decades (one in a string of unexpected bipartisan successes Biden achieved)
  • Got better health care for vets exposed to toxic substances (over inexplicable GOP opposition)
  • Has taken the first steps toward decriminalizing marijuana, starting with blanket pardons
  • Implemented a whole slew of consumer protections for families on everything from the obligations airlines have around the way they treat their customers to surprise medical billing to disclosure of junk fees
Nice cut and paste job. But can you in your own words confirm any of those items on your list? Just curious.

Dubious, vague, and arguable are understatements.

Dubious, vague, and arguable are understatements.
It's hard to take anybody seriously who posts a long list of items and is unable to back up any of it with any credible evidence.

Most especially when they are so vaguely phrased, as you pointed out, that you can't find anything specific that Biden has accomplished in the list. Sort of like Democrat bills all have these noble and altruistic sounding titles, but when you look below the title, they are rarely anything close to noble or altruistic.

I hoped he would accept my challenge to give me an example of anything specific that was accomplished.

So I'm still waiting to see if there is anybody who can honestly argue his/her support for Biden.

Last edited:
I know the mods really dislike this forum and for reasonable reasons, but it's still here and I'm going to request that they indulge me in a structured conversation that has only two simple rules:

RULE No. 1: The topic is limited to why you will vote for Joe Biden in 2024.

RULE No. 2: Donald Trump cannot be named or referenced in this thread. Focus only why Biden is supported.

According to almost every poll out there re issues important to America, Joe Biden gets low approval ratings and high disapproval ratings including:
--The economy/inflation/energy
--The border/immigration
--Foreign relations (Russia vs Ukraine; Hamas vs Israel etc.)
Etc.

But poll only registered Democrats or a few demographics and his approval ratings remain mostly at above 50%.

So let us know what Biden has done that inspires you to vote for him again or for the first time in 2024.
What if the reason somebody will be voting for Biden vs the other guy is because Biden is not the other guy? Why would you demand somebody not be able to answer?

What if the reason somebody will be voting for Biden vs the other guy is because Biden is not the other guy? Why would you demand somebody not be able to answer?
Nope. I assume all who avoid the thread are probably in that category. I want to know if anybody actually supports Biden out of conscience and conviction because they like him as President. So far nobody has convinced me of that.
Nice personal attack on somebody who bothered to respond.
I attacked nobody. But I know a meaningless cut and paste when I see one. And they are rarely ever a valid response to a question though they might be useful to back up a person's answer to a question.

I attacked nobody. But I know a meaningless cut and paste when I see one. And they are rarely ever a valid response to a question though they might be useful to back up a person's answer to a question.

He said said it's not a cut & paste. Your fear speaks for you.

Those are my own words. As for "confirming" Biden's numerous massively important legislative and regulatory wins, I don't know what you're asking. Is this stuff news to you, have you been tuned out the past few years?
If that is the truth I commend you. Considering the short time it took to post that list them I presume you wrote them sometime back if you in fact did write them. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and let it stand as an answer to the OP question.

Because Trump is a traitor who should rot in jail.

Yes, I know that violates your rule #2, but that's the reason literally everyone I know who's planning on voting for Biden.
That is hardly debate. You do not belong in a real discussion.

It's hard to take anybody seriously who posts a long list of items and is unable to back up any of it with any credible evidence.

So still waiting to see if there is anybody who can honestly argue his/her support for Biden.
The list is written in the language of marketing flakes.

Given that the poster in question was the forum's leading marketing pimp for Ovomitcare, it wouldn't shock me a bit that he has that bullet list of dubious and vague "accomplishments" in a file, handy for immediate copy-pasta-ing.

Don't forget. . .

He cured cancer! :113:

Joe Biden: 'We're gonna cure cancer' if I'm elected​

:rock:

The list is written in the language of marketing flakes.

Given that the poster in question was the forum's leading marketing pimp for Ovomitcare, it wouldn't shock me a bit that he has that bullet list of dubious and vague "accomplishments" in a file, handy for immediate copy-pasta-ing.

That's a great example of some key Biden wins. He took a good law (Obamacare) and improved on it. He made its financial support more generous, lowering premiums and expanding access for millions of Americans. Which is why the lowest uninsurance rate ever recorded happened after his reforms. Meanwhile, he took areas the ACA was silent on--drug pricing and health care antitrust--and moved the ball on them, at long last getting Medicare the authority to negotiate drug prices (along with numerous other protections for seniors, like the much-touted $35 insulin cap) and making health care antitrust enforcement a core pillar of his broader pro-competition agenda.

Would I vote for this over the guy who tried to bring back pre-existing condition exclusions, strip tens of millions of Americans of their access to care, reverse the reforms that have held health care cost growth near historic lows, veto Medicare prescription drug negotiation authority, and otherwise reverse the historic gains American health care has made over the past decade? I would.

Forum List

Back