The death of the Libertarian Party

but trade and cooperation don't require bad trade policy and fake money totalitarianism.
Well then you're just disagreeing on what global trade should look like, not that we shouldn't have global trade. As for the fake monetary policy I don't know what that means. Deeds of ownership, governments, borders, these things are all ultimately fake as well but they're useful fictions that allows us to cooperate flexibly in a world of increasing complexity.

Well then you're just disagreeing on what global trade should look like, not that we shouldn't have global trade. As for the fake monetary policy I don't know what that means. Deeds of ownership, governments, borders, these things are all ultimately fake as well but they're useful fictions that allows us to cooperate flexibly in a world of increasing complexity.
yes. but when I start talking about tariffs people start trying to say I support full autarky (no trade at all).

but we should walk away from overall bad deals and stop villainizing tariffs.. globalist zealots will rarely agree with that.

bottom line is that YOU GLOBALISTS pretend adequate tariffs are isolationism. it's not me pretending. it;s you.

I suppose I could post all the data showing this but in the name of brevity it shows that tariffs caused U.S. job loss and slowed economic growth along with increasing the price of goods.

Unions exist to look out for their workers, not what's best for the economy or country overall (teachers unions are the best example but it works the same here).
Well of course not. :laugh:

No one works in a system purely for the benefit of someone else.

yes. but when I start talking about tariffs people start trying to say I support full autarky (no trade at all).
I'm simply responding to your arguments. I don't do cosplay and I don't make up other people's arguments. I'm more than capable of addressing the things you actually say.
but we should walk away from overall bad deals and stop villainizing tariffs.. globalist zealots will rarely agree with that.
Globalist zealot is a pejorative, not an argument. What's a bad deal? Give some context.
bottom line is that YOU GLOBALISTS pretend adequate tariffs are isolationism. it's not me pretending. it;s you.
I don't even know if I'm supposed to be offended by being called a Globalist and I haven't used the word isolationism once in this conversation. Who's pretending? :dunno:

I'm simply responding to your arguments. I don't do cosplay and I don't make up other people's arguments. I'm more than capable of addressing the things you actually say.

Globalist zealot is a pejorative, not an argument. What's a bad deal? Give some context.

I don't even know if I'm supposed to be offended by being called a Globalist and I haven't used the word isolationism once in this conversation. Who's pretending? :dunno:
GLobalist zealot is an honest descriptor of someone who wants to keep with bad globalist policies in spite of obvious detriment.

GLobalist zealot is an honest descriptor of someone who wants to keep with bad globalist policies in spite of obvious detriment.
Is bad here and objective determination or a subjective one? Bad for whom?

Not sure at this point, was going to be the LP nominee, but that is unlikely.

My vote for POTUS will have no effect whatsoever. In my state I will join the 2.4 million people that do not vote for Biden, knowing our vote is wasted.
Y'all are realizing he won't win?

Y'all are realizing he won't win?

He will win my state, and in our country that is all that matter. He will win my state by more votes than the population of like a dozen states.

That is why me and those 2.4 million people that will not vote of Biden in Ill are wasting our votes, they just won't matter.

Wait until there is a Libertarian Party nominee, and assess that person.

Clearly, we have a terrible choice right now.

Traitor Joe/homO - gunning for "worst ever Presidency"
Trump - still bragging he "saved millions" with Murderous Fraud Vax
RRFKjr - voice, heroin use
Stein - left of left
West - ditto Stein

The Libertarian Party nominee may very well be the only sane choice we have. None of the above are

FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE
Sharp, smart, in their prime
GOOD AT SCIENCE!!!

LP will have a nominee by the end of May.

Wait until there is a Libertarian Party nominee, and assess that person.

Clearly, we have a terrible choice right now.

Traitor Joe/homO - gunning for "worst ever Presidency"
Trump - still bragging he "saved millions" with Murderous Fraud Vax
RRFKjr - voice, heroin use
Stein - left of left
West - ditto Stein

The Libertarian Party nominee may very well be the only sane choice we have. None of the above are

FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE
Sharp, smart, in their prime
GOOD AT SCIENCE!!!

LP will have a nominee by the end of May.
I'll give them a listen. But if the leadership of the party is stroking Trump, I'm less than hopeful.

I'll give them a listen. But if the leadership of the party is stroking Trump, I'm less than hopeful.

Trump can try. Hardly a "libertarian" approach on covid by Trump. Libertarians are smart and good at science and math. Trump goes in there and says he did a "great job" with covid and he'll get ZERO libertarian votes...

Getting rid of Biden by any means necessary... OK, but do we have to re-install the flop who enabled that by installing Chris Wray, Sessions, Milley etc.... and has clearly lost his mind trying to claim he did a "fantastic job" on covid, which was actually

180 degrees wrong
was a normal flu season
no shutdowns should've happened
Bill Barr actually publicly pushed Trump to reopen and Trump refused...

and then Trump proved he flunked high school biology by falling for the "vax" bullshit hook line and sinker. Trust Pfizer... GREAT IDEA!!! NOT!!!

and ends up on the Top 10 all time MURDERER LIST by claiming he "deserves the credit" for MURDEROUS FRAUD VAX!!!

Trump can try. Hardly a "libertarian" approach on covid by Trump. Libertarians are smart and good at science and math. Trump goes in there and says he did a "great job" with covid and he'll get ZERO libertarian votes...

Getting rid of Biden by any means necessary... OK,
We have to reject that mentality. Not that I want to see Biden in office, but every time we say "Anybody but ...", things get worse. No one gets my vote unless I actually think they will be a good leader. I'm not wasting my vote on one douchebag, just because some other douchebag is supposedly worse. Just say "no" to douchebags.
but do we have to re-install the flop who enabled that by installing Chris Wray, Sessions, Milley etc.... and has clearly lost his mind trying to claim he did a "fantastic job" on covid, which was actually
I'm not that fixated on how the government handled covid. I mean, they failed, pretty obviously, but it was a novel thing, and no one really knew what to do.

My issues with Trump, and Biden, are that neither is capable of actually leading. They don't even try to persuade people and seem more interested in appeasing their base by "pwning" the other side with symbolic middle fingers.

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
no one really knew what to do.

Apparently LaDairis did...

Forum List

Back