The death of the Libertarian Party

I'm not saying we can immediately return to barter overnight. years of Keynesian manipulation and fascism have severed all the micro-connections between people.

but we can regrow them.

Ok, then tell me this. How in a purely barter system does a factory making graphics cards ever get made in the first place?

Bartering can work on a small local scale in an agrarian society. Not so much in an industrialized or technological society.

Ok, then tell me this. How in a purely barter system does a factory making graphics cards ever get made in the first place?

Bartering can work on a small local scale in an agrarian society. Not so much in an industrialized or technological society.
not with that attitude.

not with that attitude.

Not with any attitude.

I am a statistician, tell me what I have to "barter" with other than my time and my talents.

And all I want in exchange is cash so that I can then get the things I want when I want them.

Not with any attitude.

I am a statistician, tell me what I have to "barter" with other than my time and my talents.

And all I want in exchange is cash so that I can then get the things I want when I want them.
that's good enough. services are part of barter.

without keynesianism the military industrial complex couldn't arm itself against the world and it's own citizens and charge it all to the future children of their victims.

yes. it happens.

do you think you seem smart right now?
Your insistence isn't evidence and I leave subjective determinations to the people reading these posts who'll decide that for themselves. I just make what I think are better arguments.

Let's suppose for a moment though that this lawn guy does cut grass for eggs. Is this the same exchange with everyone's grass he cuts? Does he have to barter something else with everyone he does business with? Is this a society where we are imagining eggs as currency and everyone is just exchanging eggs for other shit?

Your insistence isn't evidence and I leave subjective determinations to the people reading these posts who'll decide that for themselves. I just make what I think are better arguments.

Let's suppose for a moment though that this lawn guy does cut grass for eggs. Is this the same exchange with everyone's grass he cuts? Does he have to barter something else with everyone he does business with? Is this a society where we are imagining eggs as currency and everyone is just exchanging eggs for other shit?
so you're final answer really is "it doesn't happen".

ok.

that means you're delusional.

so you're final answer really is "it doesn't happen".

ok.

that means you're delusional.
No... I'm trying to get you to discuss the actual situations in which it happens so we can talk through its limitations. You can't even make it that far though.

No... I'm trying to get you to discuss the actual situations in which it happens so we can talk through its limitations. You can't even make it that far though.
you can't even admit it happens.

let's also talk about how fake money lets abusers build a world empire on the backs of the people who they claim to do it for.

The Libertarian Party blew it when they refused to let RFK Jr. be their nominee. This would have been a win-win and would have put the party on the mainstream map.

True, RFK Jr. is not a pure libertarian, but he's a heck of a lot closer to libertarian views than Biden is. In point of fact, RFK Jr. holds many conservative views. Most of his liberal views involve environmental issues.

The Libertarians don't want to be blamed for a second Trump term.

Which is understandable, everyone knows what a disaster that would be, even Republicans.

The Libertarians don't want to be blamed for a second Trump term.

Which is understandable, everyone knows what a disaster that would be, even Republicans.
libertarians are globalist neocon traitors, yes, that's what I've been saying.

they're open borders zealots.

you can't even admit it happens.
I can when you provide an actual example of it happening so we can discuss what your claim is. I absolutely know situations in which it happens but it absolutely does not help your argument so I was simply wondering if you had a good one you want to provide.

For my example I have my daughter who used to barter with me for privileges when she was younger. If she wanted to hang out when her friends or go to a party or whatever I expected her room clean and get chores done. Now that exchange worked between me and her but it's not really the basis for an economic system.
let's also talk about how fake money lets abusers build a world empire on the backs of the people who they claim to do it for.
Money isn't fake, it's simply an easily exchangeable mechanism for holding value.

I can when you provide an actual example of it happening so we can discuss what your claim is. I absolutely know situations in which it happens but it absolutely does not help your argument so I was simply wondering if you had a good one you want to provide.

For my example I have my daughter who used to barter with me for privileges when she was younger. If she wanted to hang out when her friends or go to a party or whatever I expected her room clean and get chores done. Now that exchange worked between me and her but it's not really the basis for an economic system.

Money isn't fake, it's simply an easily exchangeable mechanism for holding value.
when it's backed by no commodity but by legal fiat (fiat currency) it's prone to horrific abuse and then failure.

all historical fiat currencies have failed.

the financial class uses fiat currency to loot a country of all actual hard assets over time, ultimately colllapsing the society and enslaving the people.

meanwhiles, you still back on "barter doesn't happen".

you're very dumb.

when it's backed by no commodity but by legal fiat (fiat currency) it's prone to horrific abuse and then failure.
American currency is backed by the faith and trust in the American government to pay its debts. It fails when the American government does. When you're on the gold standard that's also subject to abuse when people horde gold or release large sums of it into the market at one time. The difference there being you have no control over the actions of individuals who are hording gold. We do have a say in government. It's called democracy. That's your safe guard.
all historical fiat currencies have failed.
How about some context?
the financial class uses fiat currency to loot a country of all actual hard assets over time, ultimately colllapsing the society and enslaving the people.
No. That's inherent in capitalism itself. Its not called laborism. Its designed to mostly benefit people with capital.
meanwhiles, you still back on "barter doesn't happen".
You're just pretending now because you can't actually discuss any working examples of your argument.
you're very dumb.
Sure. Good argument guy. :itsok:

Forum List

Back