The death of the Libertarian Party

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

Former President Donald Trump will speak at the Libertarian National Convention in Washington, D.C. later this month as he tries to woo voters beyond the Republican base and avoid losing support to independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

This is just embarrassing, the once proud Libertarian Party reduced to this stupidity. There is not a Libertarian bone in Trump's body.

This makes as much sense as having Biden speak at the RNC.

Might have to give the Constitution Party a closer look

Last edited:
“Libertarians are some of the most independent and thoughtful thinkers in our Country, and I am honored to join them in Washington, DC, later this month,” Trump said in a statement issued Wednesday. “We must all work together to help advance freedom and liberty for every American, and a second Trump Administration will achieve that goal.”

He went on to make the case that, “If Libertarians join me and the Republican Party, where we have many Libertarian views, the election won’t even be close. We cannot have another four years of death, destruction, and incompetence. WE WILL WORK TOGETHER AND WIN!”

I got a Libertarian book with articles by Libertarians. Each article has so many points, that were wrong, the book is only used to show that the leadership of the Libertarians are not very educated.

I wanted to be a libertarian, joined in 1992, left after I got the book and read the errors. Errors on history, on the middle east.

I voted for their presidential candidate back in 1980, somebody named Ed(?) Clark. Even sent them $25, my first and very last political donation.

I have voted for their nominee every election since 96, but doubt I will this year now, unless they actually nominate Chase Oliver.

I got a Libertarian book with articles by Libertarians. Each article has so many points, that were wrong, the book is only used to show that the leadership of the Libertarians are not very educated.

I wanted to be a libertarian, joined in 1992, left after I got the book and read the errors. Errors on history, on the middle east.

President Trump is not looking to join their party; he is looking to earn the members votes.
It is a natural fit.

What book was it?

Former President Donald Trump will speak at the Libertarian National Convention in Washington, D.C. later this month as he tries to woo voters beyond the Republican base and avoid losing support to independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

This is just embarrassing, the once proud Libertarian Party reduced to this stupidity. There is not a Libertarian bone in Trump's body.

This makes as much sense as having Biden speak at the RNC.

Might have to give the Constitution Party a closer look
I'm a conservative Libertarian, voted Trump 2016, voted Trump 2020, am going to vote Trump 2024 and hope it does some good, because a vote for anyone else is a vote for more illegal immigration and more of the same that we have seen over past 3 years.

I'm a conservative Libertarian, voted Trump 2016, voted Trump 2020, am going to vote Trump 2024 and hope it does some good, because a vote for anyone else is a vote for more illegal immigration and more of the same that we have seen over past 3 years.

You can stand in a barn and call yourself a tractor, that does not make you one.

There is nothing Libertarian about Trump's positions and policies.

What we have seen the last 3 years are not much different at all than what we saw the 4 years before that.

Forum List

Back