The best decade in your life...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Within the decades you lived... ranked in order from best to worst.
I was born in 1965, but I am leaving that decade out, because obviously I remember very little of it.
So just the 70s - 2020s for me.

1) 1970s... there is a lot to the saying "I wish I was a kid again". And most of that decade I was pretty young (5-14). It was pretty dang awesome. I had a great childhood.

2) 1980s... mostly just fun. Ages 15-24. My high school years, yeah some crap, but also a lot of friends and fun. Then onto college, also pretty fun... and well... then there was the sex.

3) 2020s ... so far anyway. Only reason this isn't higher is Covid. And now inflation puts a major damper as well. But at the same time, this decade has given me 2 grandkids as well as 4 very good years with Bonzi.

4) 2000s... kids were growing, again good times with them, work life better - but the marriage was pretty unbearable.

5) 1990s... raising the family. Some awesome times with the kids... but my work years in this decade were pretty rough. I worked very hard and very long hours. And my marriage was turning to shit.

6) 2010s - my lost decade. Absolutely worse times in my life was in this decade. Also divorced, also my father died in this decade. Also my kids grew up and were no longer living in the home. Only good thing in this decade is I met Bonzi.

1980s and 1990s. Dynamic years. I was at the top of my game, partner in a high power criminal defense firm, living in a gorgeous condo right on the beach in Riviera Village, Redondo Beach. Very Very busy, working mostly 7 days a week. I thought it would go on and on forever. Then it crashed.

I should have planned better.

1715811289321.jpeg

1/2 century old now....~S~

For most (not all) of us, how we decide which was the “best” decade has everything to do with how old we were in it and little to do with the events or culture of the decade itself.

If we were to graph everyone’s response, I’m betting there would be a huge correlation between their favorite decade and whichever decade they happened to be about 20

Several of my favorite singers were discovered within the past ten years and so I have to go with the current ten year time frame.

God bless you and my favorites who are still here always!!!

Holly

Within the decades you lived... ranked in order from best to worst.
I was born in 1965, but I am leaving that decade out, because obviously I remember very little of it.
So just the 70s - 2020s for me.

1) 1970s... there is a lot to the saying "I wish I was a kid again". And most of that decade I was pretty young (5-14). It was pretty dang awesome. I had a great childhood.

2) 1980s... mostly just fun. Ages 15-24. My high school years, yeah some crap, but also a lot of friends and fun. Then onto college, also pretty fun... and well... then there was the sex.

3) 2020s ... so far anyway. Only reason this isn't higher is Covid. And now inflation puts a major damper as well. But at the same time, this decade has given me 2 grandkids as well as 4 very good years with Bonzi.

4) 2000s... kids were growing, again good times with them, work life better - but the marriage was pretty unbearable.

5) 1990s... raising the family. Some awesome times with the kids... but my work years in this decade were pretty rough. I worked very hard and very long hours. And my marriage was turning to shit.

6) 2010s - my lost decade. Absolutely worse times in my life was in this decade. Also divorced, also my father died in this decade. Also my kids grew up and were no longer living in the home. Only good thing in this decade is I met Bonzi.

Best decade when maybe when I was in my 20s, either that or my first decade when I was a little kid.

My teenage years were hell. My forties are boring, my thirties were the beginning of the end.

Forum List

Back