Shooting a dog <> shooting a fetus.... What's the diff?

There's been a Bunny in our yard for some time now, playing 'Catch Me If You Can' with our Collie. He can't, of course. He's not real serious about it anyway because Collies aren't really hunters. Curious, mostly.

The other night he's rasing hell and we see the Bunny running around like crazy and we hear this high-pitched, tiny little scream. The dog had a baby bunny in his mouth, running around the back yard with it.

The wife runs outside and gets it out of his mouth and releases it outside the fence. Completely unharmed. Ten secconds later, he's got another one!! She gets him to let go of that one. Again, completely unharmed. Mama Bunny had been waiting and watching not too far away, frozen still, like they do.

Two minutes later, all three bunnies hop away.

Another time, we had our other Collie tied up to our garage on the Farm in Michigan and the wife wakes up at 2:00AM, looks out the window and sees him playing with a Fawn. No spots so he/she must have been a few Months old, but they were playing! Doing the crouchy thing and bolting one way or the other.

I was raised on a Farm and that's the kind of dog you want. Not one of these drooling, killing machines that are actually very stupid. Bred for fighting or Hog Hunting and too stupid for much else. Anything else, actually.

Most of the dogs on Farms just kind of 'Show Up' one day. They're wild or semi-wild anyway. Yes, there are packs of wild dogs in the Country. Big ones. Dangerous ones. And sometimes one of them takes off on his own for one reason or another.

If he's a good dog, you keep him. If he's not, you destroy him.

You people taking shots at Noem don't know about anythig other than dogs as companions. Which is okay, I guess. But that's not why Humans and dogs have a relationship. Dogs on Farms are working dogs. Believe it or not, unlike dimcraps, Dogs LOVE to work. Love it.

When I was a kid, we had to 'grain' our cattle to fatten them up for market. But they were Free Range Cattle. Wouldn't have any other way. So when it came time tp grain them, we'd send the dogs to get them and about an hour later, they'd all come down to the barn, slowly, happily.

We'd use the dogs to cut the Milk Cow out of the herd every morning. We'd use them to cut a heifer too young to breed out of the herd to keep it away from the Bull.

Dogs are working animals on a Farm. If they go bad, and some do, they have to be destroyed.
Your girl talked about shooting a puppy in the face like it was something to be proud of.

Kind of understandable, the party that puts brown kids in cages is often okay with cruelty.

But this was a bit much, even for them.

There's been a Bunny in our yard for some time now, playing 'Catch Me If You Can' with our Collie. He can't, of course. He's not real serious about it anyway because Collies aren't really hunters. Curious, mostly.

The other night he's rasing hell and we see the Bunny running around like crazy and we hear this high-pitched, tiny little scream. The dog had a baby bunny in his mouth, running around the back yard with it.

The wife runs outside and gets it out of his mouth and releases it outside the fence. Completely unharmed. Ten secconds later, he's got another one!! She gets him to let go of that one. Again, completely unharmed. Mama Bunny had been waiting and watching not too far away, frozen still, like they do.

Another time, we had our other Collie tied up to our garage on the Farm in Michigan and the wife wakes up at 2:00AM, looks out the window and sees him playing with a Fawn. No spots so he/she must have been a few Months old, but they were playing! Doing the crouchy thing and bolting one way or the other.

I was raised on a Farm and that's the kind of dog you want. Not one of these drooling, killing machines that are actually very stupid. Bred for fighting or Hog Hunting and too stupid for much else. Anything else, actually.

Most of the dogs on Farms just kind of 'Show Up' one day. They're wild or semi-wild anyway. Yes, there are packs of wild dogs in the Country. Big ones. Dangerous ones. And sometimes one of them takes off on his own for one reason or another.

You people taking shots at Noem don't know about anythig other than dogs as companions. Which is okay, I guess. But that's not why Humans and dogs have a relationship. Dogs on Farms are working dogs. Believe it or not, unlike dimcraps, Dogs LOVE to work. Love it.

When I was a kid, we had to 'grain' our cattle to fatten them up for market. But they were Free Range Cattle. Wouldn't have any other way. So when it came time tp grain them, we'd send the dogs to get them and about an hour later, they'd all come down to the barn, slowly, happily.

We'd use the dogs to cut the Milk Cow out of the herd every morning. We'd use them to cut a heifer too young to breed out of the herd to keep it away from the Bull.

Dogs are working animals on a Farm. If they go bad, and some do, they have to be destroyed.
This dog was not a wild dog she was trying to tame.

She BOUGHT the damn thing and was disappointed and angry that she couldn’t train it to hunt properly.

So she SHOT a 14,month old puppy

Interesting

South Dakota law — specifically SDCL 40-34-1 — states that it is legal for any person to kill a dog that is “found chasing, worrying, injuring, or killing poultry or domestic animals.” 1933 S.D. Senate Bill clarifying when it is legal to kill a dog.

So I guess she didn't break the law.

But then again, I don't like most Republican laws so.....

This dog was not a wild dog she was trying to tame.

She BOUGHT the damn thing and was disappointed and angry that she couldn’t train it to hunt properly.

So she SHOT a 14,month old puppy

You know how Republicans love it when Bill Maher says anything negative about Democrats but they don't care what he says when he's trashing them? Same for Politifact but here's what they say about this bitch.

Although Noem’s story drew widespread backlash, experts told PolitiFact she likely would have faced no charges under South Dakota law, either now or when she said the shooting took place.

All this is, is one more reason for people to not vote GOP. Dog killers.

North Dakota needs to change the law. Or, I get it that if the dog is actively killing chickens, that's money so you kill the dog as quick as possible before it kills all your chicken. I get that. But that's not what happened. After the dog was leashed, she took it to a gravel pit and murdered it. Rather than give it to the humane society.

Republicans aren't very humane.

Your girl talked about shooting a puppy in the face like it was something to be proud of.

Kind of understandable, the party that puts brown kids in cages is often okay with cruelty.

But this was a bit much, even for them.
If you went hungry, you would cook that dog. There are a lot of atrocities to animals in cities. Perhaps you are oblivious to it. Real atrocities. We live in a culture now where everything a person does is up for scrutiny. One reason I am against surveillance and profiling as we are all imperfect. We had a chance to eradicate that some decades ago. Now it will get worse and worse as we must know what everyone does and have documentation on it whether it is false or not. So, surveillance will eventually detect what she did over admitting it. I love me some Progs. For you are vengeance against real abuses to citizens from anyone. whether part of the empowered or not. You just do not know when to stop in its advancement when there is so much to get right in what you advance from already.

If you went hungry, you would cook that dog. There are a lot of atrocities to animals in cities. Perhaps you are oblivious to it. Real atrocities. We live in a culture now where everything a person does is up for scrutiny. One reason I am against surveillance and profiling as we are all imperfect. We had a chance to eradicate that some decades ago. Now it will get worse and worse as we must know what everyone does and have documentation on it whether it is false or not. So, surveillance will eventually detect what she did over admitting it. I love me some Progs. For you are vengeance against real abuses to citizens from anyone. whether part of the empowered or not. You just do not know when to stop in its advancement when there is so much to get right in what you advance from already.

OMG I'm about to agree with you. We have a show called Michigan Outdoors. They had DNR on explaining the new rule sent to them from liberal run Lansing. Based on public perception, no killing coyote from April 15-July 15. Give them time to rear their pups. But no science is behind this decision because it's not scientific. Moms hole up with their pups during those months. So if you see a coyote those months, it's not a mom rearing pups.

So we already have too many coyotes and now liberals are going to outlaw year round hunting them? SONOFABITCH!

A law based on public perception.

It's so difficult to have an adult conversation with the dimocrap scum in here.

EVERYTHING IS POLITICS TO THEM. Everything. You can't have a conversation about -- ANYTHING, from two viewpoints without these scumbags finding something political in it. Not just a differing politcal viewpoint, I mean an ugly, nasty, pig fighting political difference.

Everything is partisanship to the dimocrap scum in here. I swear to you, before God, that if Trump personally discovered a cure for Cancer, these scumbags would find something to complain about.

Everything is a Pig Fight with these scumbags. Everything. They're right about everything all the time, every time. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

There is no middle ground to be had with scum like this.

It's so difficult to have an adult conversation with the dimocrap scum in here.

EVERYTHING IS POLITICS TO THEM. Everything. You can't have a conversation about -- ANYTHING, from two viewpoints without these scumbags finding something political in it. Not just a differing politcal viewpoint, I mean an ugly, nasty, pig fighting political difference.

Everything is partisanship to the dimocrap scum in here. I swear to you, before God, that if Trump personally discovered a cure for Cancer, these scumbags would find something to complain about.

Everything is a Pig Fight with these scumbags. Everything. They're right about everything all the time, every time. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

There is no middle ground to be had with scum like this.
Scum, are the people who defend killing 14 month old puppy because you’re angry.

No, abortion is the removal of a fetus.
A fetus is not a baby.
Anymore than an egg is a chicken.

Geez!
Fetus means unborn offspring, in human beings, it's a human being you can call it whatever you want to soothe your aching soul, but it's a human being!

Scum, are the people who defend killing 14 month old puppy because you’re angry.
No, SCUM are people who misrepresent why a person had to put down a bad dog. Like you. Scum. To the core.

"I wouldn't piss in your face if your hair was on fire" kind of scum. IOW, you.

I'm pretty sure she broke the law. I don't believe it's legal to unnecessarily murder a puppy.

It killed chicken??? Wow! That's what dog do.

So, are you going to admit you were wrong about it biting a human? It' was a sweet innocent untrained dog. If it's not a good hunting dog, I'm pretty sure the rules in her state don't allow for you to put the dog down. Give it to a shelter or new forever home.

You are proving you'll defend ANYTHING the Republicans do or say. Pathetic.

“And I hope that people understand from this that what the point of this story is is that most politicians they will run from the truth, they will shy away and hide from making tough decisions. I don’t do either of those. I tell the truth and I make tough decisions.”

You make the wrong decisions. The point I get from the story is you are a cold hearted bitch.

You made the wrong decision bitch. Not the tough decision and not the right decision. That's what I get from this.

14-month-old wirehaired pointer named Cricket was “aggressive” and “untrainable” before shooting and killing the canine in a gravel pit
Again on a farm, a dog that kills livestock is not any better than any other predator and is usually killed.

Show us the law that you can’t kill a dog and it is not murder, sheesh!

Fetus means unborn offspring, in human beings, it's a human being you can call it whatever you want to soothe your aching soul, but it's a human being!
Bill Burr, who is a funny, if somewhat nutty, guy said it best when he did a comedy skit.

He said something like abortion was like somebody opens your oven while you have a cake in it and messes with it. You say, "You ruined my Cake!!" And the idiot replies, "It wasn't a Cake, it was just some batter in an oven." And you say, "Well, it owuld have been a cake if you hadn't fucked it up!"

Abortion is such a personal thing. Nobody wants

I am certain that abortion is a totally painful one. It's not like Sally wakes up one morning and calls Cindy Lou and says, "Hey, I'm gonna go get an abortion this morning because I got nothing else to do. Wanna tag along?"

I'm certain that abortion is a painful, horrible experience for a woman. I've had women tell me that they can sometimes hear their 'baby' cry in the middle of the night.

It's horrible for them. They're never the same after that.

So what do we do? I don't know. Do we allow, or force, a woman to stop her life to raise a child that she is probably incapable of raising correctly in the first place? Wouldn't that mean more problems for society? For her? For everybody?

I don't have an answer and anybody that thinks they do is full of shit

Not in the eyes of the law.

Fetuses are not counted in the Census.
They are not counted as deductions for tax purposes.
They are not counted in the agencies that record vital statistics until a birth certificate

I'm always amused when pregnant women say something like 'When the baby arrives," like it's flying in from Toledo!
we are talking biology not politics,,
do try and keep up,,

and dont try and relieve the guilt you feel for advocating for murdering children by blaming it on the government,,
NOT COOL

we are talking biology not politics,,
do try and keep up,,
Then start a thread in the Science and Technology forum. This is the politics form.

and dont try and relieve the guilt you feel for advocating for murdering children by blaming it on the government,,
NOT COOL

I don't advocate, I recognize the reality that if a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, she'll find a way to not be pregnant.

Since this is the politics section, we can talk about what won't work (Trying to ban it) vs. what will actually reduce the number of abortions (Contraception, sex education, self-esteem education, paid family leave, universal health care.)

OMG I'm about to agree with you. We have a show called Michigan Outdoors. They had DNR on explaining the new rule sent to them from liberal run Lansing. Based on public perception, no killing coyote from April 15-July 15. Give them time to rear their pups. But no science is behind this decision because it's not scientific. Moms hole up with their pups during those months. So if you see a coyote those months, it's not a mom rearing pups.

So we already have too many coyotes and now liberals are going to outlaw year round hunting them? SONOFABITCH!

A law based on public perception.
I guarantee you there are people in power who have abused animals. Those worldly renowned living people like Kate Couric and their intellectual musings while in the poorer areas where survival is more important are two different things.

Then start a thread in the Science and Technology forum. This is the politics form.

I don't advocate, I recognize the reality that if a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, she'll find a way to not be pregnant.

Since this is the politics section, we can talk about what won't work (Trying to ban it) vs. what will actually reduce the number of abortions (Contraception, sex education, self-esteem education, paid family leave, universal health care.)
is that what you tell yourself to overcome the guilt you feel for being a baby killer??

the thread is about the difference between killing a dog and a human being,,

thats a biological question not a political one

I'm pretty sure she broke the law. I don't believe it's legal to unnecessarily murder a puppy.

It killed chicken??? Wow! That's what dog do.

So, are you going to admit you were wrong about it biting a human? It' was a sweet innocent untrained dog. If it's not a good hunting dog, I'm pretty sure the rules in her state don't allow for you to put the dog down. Give it to a shelter or new forever home.

You are proving you'll defend ANYTHING the Republicans do or say. Pathetic.

“And I hope that people understand from this that what the point of this story is is that most politicians they will run from the truth, they will shy away and hide from making tough decisions. I don’t do either of those. I tell the truth and I make tough decisions.”

You make the wrong decisions. The point I get from the story is you are a cold hearted bitch.

You made the wrong decision bitch. Not the tough decision and not the right decision. That's what I get from this.

14-month-old wirehaired pointer named Cricket was “aggressive” and “untrainable” before shooting and killing the canine in a gravel pit

With a show of hands, how many of the whiners here have a fly swatter/trap in their house or on their property?

Mouse trap?

Ant killer?

Bee killer?

Mosquito zapper?

:popcorn:

is that what you tell yourself to overcome the guilt you feel for being a baby killer??

the thread is about the difference between killing a dog and a human being,,

thats a biological question not a political one

Approximately 860,000 abortions were performed in 2017
I'm pro choice
And I think Dakota needs to change it's law. This woman should have turned the dog in to the humane society.
There are levels of humanity. Chinese people eat dogs. Republican only shoot them. At least the Chinese eat the meat. Liberals are on the other end of the spectrum

Trump can't even pronounce vegan

With a show of hands, how many of the whiners here have a fly swatter/trap in their house or on their property?

Mouse trap?

Ant killer?

Bee killer?

Mosquito zapper?

:popcorn:
It should be illegal to kill bees. Endangered and valuable dummy

Approximately 860,000 abortions were performed in 2017
I'm pro choice
And I think Dakota needs to change it's law. This woman should have turned the dog in to the humane society.
There are levels of humanity. Chinese people eat dogs. Republican only shoot them. At least the Chinese eat the meat. Liberals are on the other end of the spectrum

Trump can't even pronounce vegan

so youre pro baby killing,, got it,,

Forum List

Back