Rich States/Poor States Publications

HikerGuy83

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2021
I was recently made aware of this and wondered what it was about. If I look at the "What others are saying", it's pretty much all right-wingers.
I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this before.
This is the link.
I am more curious to know if anyone has any background or knowledge of them.

I was recently made aware of this and wondered what it was about. If I look at the "What others are saying", it's pretty much all right-wingers.
This is the link.

Read their "About" and their report for 2024. They should answer most of your questions.

Art Laffer is well known for the Laffer Cruve and a big proponent of Supply-side Economics. He influenced Reagan’s economic policies.

This is the link.

Somewhat makes sense

I live in a more poorer state, but work a full time job in a more richer state that borders me. I tend to like to get employment in the state the neighbors me because I found more opportunities. Getting paid more in a different state for the same work I would do in my own state.

This is the link.

Gee whiz. At first glance, someone not knowing squat, might think "ALEC" stands for Arthur Laffer Economic Competitiveness of some such crap, not

American Legislative Exchange Council - Wikipedia

Stand up, true American patriots. Take
for example.. Please! Personal life
Moore was married to Allison Moore until 2011.[69] In 2012, a Virginia court held Moore in contempt of court for failing to pay his ex-wife $300,000 in spousal support, child support and other obligations in his divorce settlement.[69] Moore did not respond to repeated court requests to make payments and failed to appear for a deposition before the court threatened to have him arrested and ordered him to sell his home to make the payments; the court revoked the order at Moore's request after he made a $217,000 payment.[82][33] In January 2018, the IRS obtained a tax lien against Moore for $75,328 in unpaid federal taxes, interest and penalties, alleging Moore had filed a "fraudulent" tax return in 2014. Moore contended that his accountant made an error in improperly deducting child support payments and that the lien was the result of an IRS miscalculation,[61] though Moore claims to have paid the lien and Montgomery County, Maryland Circuit Court records show the case is closed.[83] In addition to the child support payments, the IRS also disallowed other deductions Moore had claimed.[82]
And that's it. Plenty. Too much!

Last edited:
This is the link.

I can't believe you're seriously looking at anything written by Laffer at this point, since everything he's every written on the US economy has been completely discredited at this point. The "Laffer Curve" is now a joke.

Forum List

Back