Zone1 Modern American white women have unrealistic expectations of men and that's why we're having so many problems keeping our families together

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The Rom-Com is destroying womens' ability to keep stable relationships with men because they build up unrealistic expectations.

The "right man" in these movies are tall, handsome, have good careers making lots of money, well dressed, gentlemanly, kind, careful of a woman's feelings, always willing to cook and change diapers and take care of a baby late at night, always put their woman's interests above his own, and understand that the woman is always right and admits he's wrong every time.

Do such men exist in real life?

Oh, I forgot, one more thing: the "right man" is great in bed.

I think marriages were more stable before the Rom-Com was invented.

The Rom-Com is destroying womens' ability to keep stable relationships with men because they build up unrealistic expectations.

The "right man" in these movies are tall, handsome, have good careers making lots of money, well dressed, gentlemanly, kind, careful of a woman's feelings, always willing to cook and change diapers and take care of a baby late at night, always put their woman's interests above his own, and understand that the woman is always right and admits he's wrong every time.

Is this just a white thing?

You mean married life is not like Ward and June on Leave It To Beaver that ran from 1957 to 1963 still shown every morning on ME TV?
Who knew?:smoke:

Is this just a white thing?
I don't know. I've dated only one black woman but I didn't see her having unrealistic expectations. Maybe it's not a white thing, but I believe it probably is.

I don't know. I've dated only one black woman but I didn't see her having unrealistic expectations. Maybe it's not a white thing, but I believe it probably is.
I've been with women of both races and haven't see those unrealistic expectations. What I have seen is that a woman wants to be treated with respect.

Really? Can you name this character?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Really? Can you name this character?
Not a particular character. But there's often a doctor who has all these good qualities and somehow doesn't have a wife or even a girlfriend.

Not a particular character.
So you made it up.
But there's often a doctor who has all these good qualities and somehow doesn't have a wife or even a girlfriend.
Wow, it's almost as if television is showing us a make believe world.

The Flintstones were not real

Any Meg Ryan movie shows what I'm talking about. She starts the movie in a relationship with a man with many good qualities but not quite perfect, so she goes after another man.

People are trying to derail the thread by pointing out that Rom-Coms are make believe, as if I didn't know that.

The problem is that women are affected by the make believe to the point that they are no longer satisfied with real men who can't be "perfect."

People are trying to derail the thread by pointing out that Rom-Coms are make believe, as if I didn't know that.

The problem is that women are affected by the make believe to the point that they are no longer satisfied with real men who can't be "perfect."
I get it now, and I see what the problem is. You think women are too stupid to separate a TV show from reality.

1 Modern American white women have unrealistic expectations of men ...​

What a pitty. They should face the reality: Men are pigs - dirty stupid pigs. From time to time an example of this foreign species is perhaps a little useful and may be able to be educated.

... Oh, I forgot, one more thing: the "right man" is great in bed. ...

I fear the problem is not to be great in bed within 5 seconds - the problem is to learn to make a bed and to learn to ventilate a bed room within a time span of less than 5 years.

women are more influenced by soap operas than rom coms.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2

This place, this insane place has become such a receptacle for so many things.

My parents: married 57 years, happily
My hubby's parents: married 40+ years, happily
My sister: married 25+ years, happily
My brother in law: married 20+ years, happily
Me and hubby: married 30 years this summer, happily

Plus, a decent rom com has not been made in a very, very long time. This seems like sour grapes to me, sorry.

What a pitty. They should face the reality: Men are pigs - dirty stupid pigs. From time to time an example of this foreign species is perhaps a little useful and may be able to be educated.
I understrand how you are insulted by the depiction. But what you just said isn't any different.

Last edited:
I fear the problem is not to be great in bed within 5 seconds - the problem is to learn to make a bed and to learn to ventilate a bed room within a time span of less than 5 years.
Most of us men come equipped with such skills. :)

These are excellent points. Many Hollywood films today are depicting things that have turned out to be terrible for society. You’ll see a film showing a pregnant woman who is a cop or playing some kind of masculine role while husband is staying at home taking care of the house.

Part of the rise of BLM and radical feminism has resulted in a degraded society.

A portion of white female Democrat voters are against traditional values. They’ve been brainwashed by Hollywood and BLM. They are more likely to go into their 40s without any children and to have depression or drug issues.

In the USA Today We have serious problems socially speaking. Something like 60% of young men are single. There’s about 30 or 35% of young women who are single but the numbers are growing for women. One in three men under the age of 30 have not had sex in the past year. 60% of men aged 30 to 35 Don’t have one child. And now women are experiencing similar problems when it comes to dating. There are many points to be made about this issue but I don’t feel like having a post that’s 10 paragraphs long.

Marijuana is sad to masculinize women and feminized men. People should look into that issue.

These types of issues wrt dating and marriage do not exist in the global south or eastern world. There’s plenty of beautiful women all over the world. And for a young man in America who is upset with how things are going …. The response is work hard be able to travel the world and you will experience Glory and greatness. Actually it’s just really kind of a cool thing to travel to explore the world God gave us.

Forum List

Back