Mike Brown Town is disappearing

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
'It’s a classic chicken and egg kind of deal,' Washington University economics professor Glenn MacDonald told outlet. 'People don’t go there because there’s nothing to do. There’s nothing to do because people don’t go there.'
Literally. Gov Abbot should help em out and start sending bus loads of illegals their direction.. unbelievable stats

That's what Soros DA's do for your town.

Take, St Louis's largest office building - its 44-story AT&T tower - for example. In 2006 this prime real estate sold for $205 million.

But that same now vacant skyscraper recently sold for around $3.5 million - a shocking 98 percent drop in value in less than two decades, the outlet reported.

Large office buildings like that are relic of the past, too much work that can be done remotely, it makes no sense to hold that big of a footprint when it has been proven to not be needed.

Large office buildings like that are relic of the past, too much work that can be done remotely, it makes no sense to hold that big of a footprint when it has been proven to not be needed.
Class A office buildings rarely go empty. B and C buildings many get converted to apartments/condos/hotels.

Class A office buildings rarely go empty. B and C buildings many get converted to apartments/condos/hotels.

The commercial real estate bubble is the next one to pop. It is a decade in the making, just made worse by COVID.

The Chinese Kung Flu plandemic was the motivation for the move to remote work.

Why take your life into your own hands by entering a hell on earth like St. Louis or other liberal cesspools.

If you can't do your job from your home, maybe your employer can build a suburban office park, if he wants to retain his staff.

We all know why everyone is afraid of St. Louis.

What a pity.

If I am not mistaken, St. Louis once played an important role in the history of this nation.
I know a bunch of people in St. Louis,. been there many times. Never a problem. I've had more problems in Garden City Kansas than St. Louis. I'm more scared of towns like that than any city. I am safer in Baltimore than I am in any place in Idaho. I'm safer in Chicago than in any rural Texas, Tennessee, Misssissippi, Alabama, Kansas, Nebraska or South Dakota town. I'm safer in St. Louis than Chilicothe, Boone, or Springfield Missouri. And we all know why.

Why take your life into your own hands by entering a hell on earth like St. Louis or other liberal cesspools.

If you can't do your job from your home, maybe your employer can build a suburban office park, if he wants to retain his staff.
I believe Missouri is a republican state.

COVID gave people a chance to prove work can get done from home as well as from the office. In many cases remote people are more efficient at home than in the office.

St Louis is fine, my wife works off of Grand Ave and I work off Page Ave when I have to go to the office. Neither of us have ever had any issues other than a group of kids trying to steal our Kia thanks to the TikTok Kia challenge.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I know a bunch of people in St. Louis,. been there many times. Never a problem. I've had more problems in Garden City Kansas than St. Louis. I'm more scared of towns like that than any city. I am safer in Baltimore than I am in any place in Idaho. I'm safer in Chicago than in any rural Texas, Tennessee, Misssissippi, Alabama, Kansas, Nebraska or South Dakota town. I'm safer in St. Louis than Chilicothe, Boone, or Springfield Missouri. And we all know why.

I live across the river from it, my wife works there full time and my office is there when I have to go in. Been doing it for more than a decade. It is just like any other big city in the world, there are good parts of it and bad parts of it.

• Thanks
'It’s a classic chicken and egg kind of deal,' Washington University economics professor Glenn MacDonald told outlet. 'People don’t go there because there’s nothing to do. There’s nothing to do because people don’t go there.'
Literally. Gov Abbot should help em out and start sending bus loads of illegals their direction.. unbelievable stats
Wow Is the St Louis Cardinals franchise price crashing like that?

The commercial real estate bubble is the next one to pop. It is a decade in the making, just made worse by COVID.
Office Space vacancy rates are nationally 20%. Not enough for a major freakout where landlords are tossing their keys at the lendors and saying it's all yours. But it is an issue still.

I live across the river from it, my wife works there full time and my office is there when I have to go in. Been doing it for more than a decade. It is just like any other big city in the world, there are good parts of it and bad parts of it.
That's true.

Nope, still as popular as ever.
They talk about downtown dying but Cardinals stadium is smack dab in the middle of downtown and they have 81 games per year there where businsesses downtown rake in the bucks. They even get 30-40,000 to watch the UFL. And Arch Madness is a draw. Not to mention concerts and conventions. St. Louis is doing quite fine.

Last edited:
Nope, still as popular as ever.

uh….not exactly. Losing record last year, last place finish. Rotten manager recently extended? Traded off 3-OF with two of them winning WS or ALCS or ALDS MVP. The other is a 40HR type guy with LF Gold Glove last year? People are angry ……. They don’t like the direction. I beleive attendance is now dropping.

plus the crime is spreading closer to once protected areas.

nice try Electric-PeeKnobb.

First off, Fergueson, MO where Mike Brown was killed is northwest of downtown St. Louis. Second, I hate to break it to this economics professor, but commercial real estate is in the crapper in almost all cities.
Downtown St. Louis (and the riverfront) looks a lot better than it did when I was there in the 80's. Like it has been said. There are good parts and bad parts. I was born in and spent my first couple of years in what is considered South St. Louis.
Last time I drove through quickly was about 15 years ago...I didn't recognize the place.

• Thanks
They talk about downtwn dying but Cardinas stadium is smack dab in the middle of downtown and they have 81 games per year there where businsesses downtown rake in the bucks. They even get 30-40,000 to watch the UFL. And the Arch Madness is a draw. Not to mention concerts and conventions. St. Louis is doing quite fine.

No they aren’t. A steady decline. Over taxation-regulation, criminals set free, gun grabbing those who try to protect homes. South side is beginning to have issues also. It could be a lot better very easily w/nutjob STL city officials.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back