Jan. 6th, The Law, and Nancy Pelosi's Dereliction of Duty

§28a. Compilation of the Precedents of House of Representatives; date of completion; biennial update; printing and availability of copies​

The Speaker is authorized and directed to complete the Compilation of the Precedents of the House of Representatives by January 1, 1977, and prepare an updated compilation of such precedents every two years thereafter. Copies of the Compilation of Precedents shall be printed in sufficient quantity to be available to every Member and the standing committees of the House of Representatives.

(Pub. L. 93–554, title I, ch. III, Dec. 27, 1974, 88 Stat. 1777.)

So show a House Speaker prior to Nancy Pelosi whole has the DCNG deployed....

So show a House Speaker prior to Nancy Pelosi whole has the DCNG deployed....
Okay
The deployment of troops was in accordance with the Emergency Plan for Protection of the Capitol, which had been previously approved by the Speaker of the House and the Vice President of the United States. Specific authority was neither requested by nor received from the Speaker or other Capitol officials prior to the assignment of troops to guard the Capitol. On Feb. 25, 1943, (4) Speaker Sam Rayburn, of Texas, from the floor of the House, defended his policy of having the Capitol protected by federal soldiers for a time during World War II:

Okay
The deployment of troops was in accordance with the Emergency Plan for Protection of the Capitol, which had been previously approved by the Speaker of the House and the Vice President of the United States. Specific authority was neither requested by nor received from the Speaker or other Capitol officials prior to the assignment of troops to guard the Capitol. On Feb. 25, 1943, (4) Speaker Sam Rayburn, of Texas, from the floor of the House, defended his policy of having the Capitol protected by federal soldiers for a time during World War II:

So LBJ called them up, not the Speaker.

Specific authority was neither requested by nor received from the Speaker

Good job at failing again. :itsok:

Specific authority was neither requested by nor received from the Speaker Good job at failing again. :itsok:
Like I said, you lack critical comprehension skills, although you do understand that you must cherry pick. Troops deployed in accordance with the Emergency Plan... Approved by the Speaker of the House, and the President of the Senate.

deployment of troops was in accordance with the Emergency Plan for Protection of the Capitol, which had been previously approved by the Speaker of the House and the Vice President of the United States

Specific authority was neither requested by nor received from the Speaker
I have never denied that the Executive Branch deploys (they are not called up) Federal Troops. It is the authorization to be deployed outside the Executive Branch's Jurisdiction into the Legislative Branch that must be the policy of the Speaker of the House. You choose to cherry pick one sentence out of my post while ignoring the context.

Speaker of the House, POLICY, to authorize deployment of Federal Troops on the Capitol Building grounds.

On Feb. 25, 1943, (4) Speaker Sam Rayburn, of Texas, from the floor of the House, defended his policy of having the Capitol protected by federal soldiers for a time during World War II

I have never denied that the Executive Branch deploys (they are not called up) Federal Troops. It is the authorization to be deployed outside the Executive Branch's Jurisdiction into the Legislative Branch that must be the policy of the Speaker of the House. You choose to cherry pick one sentence out of my post while ignoring the context.

Speaker of the House, POLICY, to authorize deployment of Federal Troops on the Capitol Building grounds.

On Feb. 25, 1943, (4) Speaker Sam Rayburn, of Texas, from the floor of the House, defended his policy of having the Capitol protected by federal soldiers for a time during World War II
They'll keep cherry picking until the cows come home. They got nothing else.

Like I said, you lack critical comprehension skills, although you do understand that you must cherry pick. Troops deployed in accordance with the Emergency Plan... Approved by the Speaker of the House, and the President of the Senate.

deployment of troops was in accordance with the Emergency Plan for Protection of the Capitol, which had been previously approved by the Speaker of the House and the Vice President of the United States

That could be acknowledging the president, as commander of the DCNG, has full authority to deploy the DCNG to the Capitol without the CPB requesting it. Again, you've never seen the Emergency Plan for Protection of the Capitol. You don't know what's in it.

You claim that "must be the policy" when you've never seen the policy.

rotfl-gif.288736

Okay
Good job at failing again. :itsok:
?????? Why or how do you think the Navy Reserve has authority over the National Guard? I assume you do know that LBJ was in the Navy Reserve in 1943.

faun, you keep denying facts that I quote and post from the .gov websites well proving you have no idea what you are talking about. In 1943 Roosevelt was president, not Lyndon B. Johnson.

?????? Why or how do you think the Navy Reserve has authority over the National Guard? I assume you do know that LBJ was in the Navy Reserve in 1943.

faun, you keep denying facts that I quote and post from the .gov websites well proving you have no idea what you are talking about. In 1943 Roosevelt was president, not Lyndon B. Johnson.

You really don't know what the fuck you're yammering about. LBJ was president in 1968. It even says so. The part about WWII was in the paragraph after these... emphasis mine to highlight your ignorance...

§ 1.2 Federal troops have been called upon to guard the Capitol and its facilities on several extraordinary occasions.

On Apr. 5, 1968, in response to the widespread civil disorder that arose in the District of Columbia following the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King in Memphis, Tennessee, the preceding day, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued an executive order (3) authorizing the Secretary of Defense to mobilize National Guard Troops and to order regular armed forces into the District of Columbia to restore law and order, protect government property and prevent interference with governmental activities. The Capitol was one of the first areas secured when the troops arrived on Friday, Apr. 5. Troops remained on duty at the Capitol until Friday, Apr. 12, when they were withdrawn on order of the Secretary of Defense.

The deployment of troops was in accordance with the Emergency Plan for Protection of the Capitol, which had been previously approved by the Speaker of the House and the Vice President of the United States. Specific authority was neither requested by nor received from the Speaker or other Capitol officials prior to the assignment of troops to guard the Capitol.​

You really don't know what the fuck you're yammering about. LBJ was president in 1968. It even says so. The part about WWII was in the paragraph after these... emphasis mine to highlight your ignorance...

§ 1.2 Federal troops have been called upon to guard the Capitol and its facilities on several extraordinary occasions.

On Apr. 5, 1968, in response to the widespread civil disorder that arose in the District of Columbia following the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King in Memphis, Tennessee, the preceding day, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued an executive order (3) authorizing the Secretary of Defense to mobilize National Guard Troops and to order regular armed forces into the District of Columbia to restore law and order, protect government property and prevent interference with governmental activities. The Capitol was one of the first areas secured when the troops arrived on Friday, Apr. 5. Troops remained on duty at the Capitol until Friday, Apr. 12, when they were withdrawn on order of the Secretary of Defense.

The deployment of troops was in accordance with the Emergency Plan for Protection of the Capitol, which had been previously approved by the Speaker of the House and the Vice President of the United States. Specific authority was neither requested by nor received from the Speaker or other Capitol officials prior to the assignment of troops to guard the Capitol.
I am sorry you are terribly confused. This is what happens when you cherry pick comments without quoting the entire comment.

The comment you cherry picked from contained no reference to 1968.

Now that you are actually using the sources i gave you, you can see that you are wrong and that you must cherry pick to decieve yourself and everyone else.

The deployment of troops was in accordance with the Emergency Plan for Protection of the Capitol, which had been previously approved by the Speaker of the House and the Vice President of the United States
Approved by the Speaker through the Emegency plan, thank you again. Precedents set, Pelose was Derelict of Duty.

I am sorry you are terribly confused. This is what happens when you cherry pick comments without quoting the entire comment.

The comment you cherry picked from contained no reference to 1968.

Now that you are actually using the sources i gave you, you can see that you are wrong and that you must cherry pick to decieve yourself and everyone else.

Who knows how you think you can win a debate when you're as demented as you are. In post #1322, you posted these two paragraphs (highlighted in red)...

Untitled.png

... only that first paragraph highlighted is a continuation from the preceding paragraph about 1968. It has nothing to do with the following paragraph about 1943.

... only that first paragraph highlighted is a continuation from the preceding paragraph about 1968. It has nothing to do with the following paragraph about 1943.
I can admit to making a mistake, and I am not in a debate, at least not with you, or anyone here. I posted fact, and now you see that is the Speaker that authorized troops in 1943 and 1968.

Do you have anything that proves that wrong, after you just showed everybody that you can quote the precedents.

Forum List

Back