What's new

Ineffective Teachers

And their feckless millennial parents now believe that about themselves and their kids entirely too often. So little Jimmy is a jerk at school, but it's never, ever Jimmy's fault. First, the teacher is bullying him (always). And second, Jimmy has anxiety/OCD/ADHD/AudHD/sensory issues/ODD....and on and on and on.

The teachers are absolutely taking the blame for everything and the schools are emptying out of staff. The XYZ team will be even worse. I no longer care.
Just quit already, and STFU about it.

We once had a mayor who bragged about becoming a secondary school teacher after he left office.

He never did.

Smart decision!

He would probably not have lasted the whole day in an "urban" public school.

(Some jurisdictions need "teachers" so badly that they are hiring non-college graduates to fill the positions.)
Horrors! :omg: How could they sink so low?

Yeah, but the fry cooks normally are not considered to be employed in the "business world"
I can't picture Blaster as a fry cook (although some may have started that way an went on to own their own franchise).

As the eldest child of two former educators and someone with many other educators in the family I would suggest the quality of instructors is only one of many factors for the decline in our education system.

A lot of effective teaching techniques like smacking kids in the knuckles with a ruler, or applying a board of education to the backside have been abandoned in recent decades. Take away proven, effective teaching techniques will result in ineffectiveness.

View attachment 939516
Many Catholic kids carry their hatred for cruel teaching nuns with them to their graves.

As the eldest child of two former educators and someone with many other educators in the family I would suggest the quality of instructors is only one of many factors for the decline in our education system.
A big one is that there are simply too many kids to educate properly. Ehrlich's 'population bomb' has exploded. :omg:

Many kids fall behind because of ineffective teachers. The union protects these educators and it is hurting the students.

No.

It is the structure of the system.

When I was a kid and dinosaurs roamed the earth...
There were three groups of students
Top, Middle, and Low performers
Kids were placed in classes based on performance and would move up or down based on performance.
Then in the 70s it was decided that this structure was unfair to the lower performers so it was divided into Everyone and AP.

This change is what was unfair because the performance of each and every student in the class was limited to the performance of the lowest performers.

We should go back to the model of separating kids by performance and allow the better students to excel rather than force them to stagnate while the slow performers catch up.

I can't picture Blaster as a fry cook (although some may have started that way an went on to own their own franchise).

I can, in fact I cannot picture him any higher than that. The things he post are here are so devoid of reality i do not think he has ever held a job above fry cook

big one is that there are simply too many kids to educate properly. Ehrlich's 'population bomb' has exploded
It’s not just that. It’s bad curriculum, unnecessary curriculum, poor administration, a focus on athletics over academics in certain schools, etc… then you have the issue of students and parents who literally don’t care about education at all.

It’s not just that. It’s bad curriculum, unnecessary curriculum, poor administration, a focus on athletics over academics in certain schools, etc… then you have the issue of students and parents who literally don’t care about education at all.
True. My parents never looked at our report cards. Dad was a dropout and didn't care at all about education. He also didn't care about us very much. As a result we kids were always in 'survival' mode in everything we did including school.

Many kids fall behind because of ineffective teachers. The union protects these educators and it is hurting the students.

Getting hired as a teacher is very hard. I have a Master's degree in Education with teaching license and references, I must of went on 50+ interviews to be a teacher. Denied each time.

The schools I interviewed for had very high standards they wanted among their applicants. At least at the schools I interviewed for teaching positions at, the teachers seemed very good. It was hard competing with these teachers for jobs just because they were so good at their jobs, they made the bar so high for potential new teachers wanting a job.

I eventually gave up trying to get hired as a teacher and tried other professions. I got a CDL and was a truck driver earning a salary a little better than what a teacher makes in my state. Getting hired as a truck driver was a breeze, you got a pulse and can pass the CDL test your hired! Unfortunately, wife didn't like that job since I was never home so I gave it up.

Now I work in healthcare and I am working on getting a 2nd masters degree in healthcare. I work in the business side of healthcare, utilizing my undergraduate degree somewhat in Business Administration. I make actually a little more salary wise at my job as healthcare worker than teachers make in my state. Compared to getting hired as a teacher, getting hired for this job was considerably easier. I got hired right before COVID when like no one wanted a job in healthcare because they were afraid of catching COVID in healthcare settings.

..based on my experiences I would say the issue a lot of times is not always because of ineffective teachers. Sometimes it's the parents or the student fault.

Last edited:
Getting hired as a teacher is very hard. I have a Master's degree in Education with teaching license and references, I must of went on 50+ interviews to be a teacher. Denied each time.

The schools I interviewed for had very high standards they wanted among their applicants. At least at the schools I interviewed for teaching positions at, the teachers seemed very good. It was hard competing with these teachers for jobs just because they were so good at their jobs, they made the bar so high for potential new teachers wanting a job.

I eventually gave up trying to get hired as a teacher and tried other professions. I got a CDL and was a truck driver earning a salary a little better than what a teacher makes in my state. Getting hired as a truck driver was a breeze, you got a pulse and can pass the CDL test your hired! Unfortunately, wife didn't like that job since I was never home so I gave it up.

Now I work in healthcare and I am working on getting a 2nd masters degree in healthcare. I work in the business side of healthcare, utilizing my undergraduate degree somewhat in Business Administration. I make actually a little more salary wise at my job as healthcare worker than teachers make in my state. Compared to getting hired as a teacher, getting hired for this job was considerably easier. I got hired right before COVID when like no one wanted a job in healthcare because they were afraid of catching COVID in healthcare settings.

..based on my experiences I would say the issue a lot of times is not always because of ineffective teachers. Sometimes it's the parents or the student fault.

Maybe give it another shot. There is a lot of demand in a lot of places.

1. I feel that you have written a very nice post. Congratulations!

2. I have no doubt that most Americans could not write such a coherent statement.

3. I BEG you not to apply at any urban school, for the daily violence and vandalism will shock you. Many first-year teachers at such schools leave the profession. You might consider applying at a private school or a public school in a non-urban setting, if you still wish to achieve your dream. Yes, there is nothing as satisfying as teaching to a group of people, who want to learn. How about applying at an adult school ?

I noticed three spelling errors that might make a bad impression on a school principal/headmaster. May I point them out to you?

1. "I must of went" = "I must have gone."
2."It's the parent or the student fault" = "It's the parents' or the students' fault."
3. "Your hired" = "You're hired."

Best wishes on your career!

Last edited:
A lot of effective teaching techniques like smacking kids in the knuckles with a ruler, or applying a board of education to the backside have been abandoned in recent decades. Take away proven, effective teaching techniques will result in ineffectiveness.

View attachment 939516
Yeah, my wife still has a scar from sister psycho and her "ruler." (It was actually a broken piece of a draftsman's square, honed to a razor's edge.) My wife decided there would not be a second attack on her, and started carrying a roll of dimes. The next time psycho-bitch and her shank came around, she got an uppercut to the chin. And note: a roll of dimes makes a VERY effective substitute for a set of brass knuckles.

My wife's sin? She is left-handed.

3. I BEG you not to apply at any urban school, for the daily violence and vandalism will shock you. Many first-year teachers at such schools leave the profession....
BS. People who can't hack it shouldn't try it, but people who want to be teachers for the right reason should go where they are most needed.

Forum List

Back
Top Bottom