In honor of Jewish Heritage month

Unacceptable to ask that I prove a negative. What evidence do you see that it is not from alien space men?
So you can't prove you didn't eat grapes for breakfast by saying you ate toast for breakfast.

So let me ask you again, what evidence do you see that human nature isn't from God?

So you can't prove you didn't eat grapes for breakfast by saying you ate toast for breakfast.

So let me ask you again, what evidence do you see that human nature isn't from God?
Terrible analogy. So let me ask you, what evidence do you see that human nature is from God?

The same things something you created would tell me about you.
Here is a painting I created. What does it tell you about me?
36_image-asset.jpg

(besides I'm a plagiarist)

Terrible analogy. So let me ask you, what evidence do you see that human nature is from God?
Why is it a terrible analogy? Do you not believe you can prove something isn't true by stating what is true? So let me ask you again, what evidence do you see that human nature isn't from God?

I already explained why I believe man's innate preference for goodness exists. Man has such an undying sense of fairness that even when he violates it, he rationalizes he didn't violate it rather than arguing fairness is a stupid construct of man.

Here is a painting I created. What does it tell you about me?
36_image-asset.jpg

(besides I'm a plagiarist)
If you had really "created" that painting I would be able to tell that you were talented, intelligent and that you "created" it in steps. I would be able to infer that you created it to share with others and that it pleased you to do so.

Is this really beyond your ability to know these things or is it that your bias prevents you from seeing such self evident things such as what we can learn from tangible evidence?

What evidence do you see that it is not natural?
Human nature is natural. Maybe what you meant to ask is what evidence do I see that our tendency for goodness and fairness comes from God which I have already answered two times. Why don't you play back that answer now so I don't have to repeat it a third time?

Utterly absurd .
You do not attempt to provide proof of negative statements.
You use logical process to substantiate assertions

Why is it a terrible analogy? Do you not believe you can prove something isn't true by stating what is true? So let me ask you again, what evidence do you see that human nature isn't from God?
Go ahead and write something that is true, not just a proposition like 'human nature comes from God'.

I already explained why I believe man's innate preference for goodness exists. Man has such an undying sense of fairness that even when he violates it, he rationalizes he didn't violate it rather than arguing fairness is a stupid construct of man.
Another loop you failed to close, like that the creator of the universe being the god of the Bible. Man's innate preference for 'good' doesn't mean there must be a god behind it.

If you had really "created" that painting I would be able to tell that you were talented, intelligent and that you "created" it in steps. I would be able to infer that you created it to share with others and that it pleased you to do so.

Is this really beyond your ability to know these things or is it that your bias prevents you from seeing such self evident things such as what we can learn from tangible evidence?
Does it tell you:
  • my race, sex, or age
  • where I came from and were do I live
  • am I a human or a god or an AI
  • when was I born and when will I die or have I already died
  • how many other paintings I created
  • do I know any of these things
  • am I honest or smart
The creation hints at the creator but the picture is very incomplete so you fill in the missing information as you wish it to be.

Human nature is natural. Maybe what you meant to ask is what evidence do I see that our tendency for goodness and fairness comes from God which I have already answered two times. Why don't you play back that answer now so I don't have to repeat it a third time?
Sorry but you have failed to provide any evidence I find convincing. Asking me to prove your negative is unacceptable.

Utterly absurd .
You do not attempt to provide proof of negative statements.
You use logical process to substantiate assertions
So you couldn't prove you didn't kill somebody? Because I can think of at least two ways I could prove that negative; prove someone else did it and prove it wasn't possible for me to commit it. Now do you understand how you can prove a negative?

Another loop you failed to close, like that the creator of the universe being the god of the Bible. Man's innate preference for 'good' doesn't mean there must be a god behind it.
There aren't multiple Gods. There's only one. Your obsession with the Abrahamic perception of God is preventing you from discovering God. The creator of the universe is everyone's God. Everyone is praying to the same God. They just have different perceptions of God. So no loop to close.

Man's innate preference for good is only one part of the evidence. A very compelling part but just one of many.

Does it tell you:
  • my race, sex, or age
  • where I came from and were do I live
  • am I a human or a god or an AI
  • when was I born and when will I die or have I already died
  • how many other paintings I created
  • do I know any of these things
  • am I honest or smart
The creation hints at the creator but the picture is very incomplete so you fill in the missing information as you wish it to be.
It tells me what it tells me. You act like it tells me nothing.

You only think it's incomplete because you reject every other piece of evidence.

Sorry but you have failed to provide any evidence I find convincing. Asking me to prove your negative is unacceptable.
That's because there's no evidence you will accept because you can't accept God exists.

There aren't multiple Gods. There's only one.
And you know that how?

Your obsession with the Abrahamic perception of God is preventing you from discovering God.
I could say the same about you as evidenced by your previous sentences.

The creator of the universe is everyone's God. Everyone is praying to the same God. They just have different perceptions of God. So no loop to close.

Man's innate preference for good is only one part of the evidence. A very compelling part but just one of many.
Man is a social animal so a 'preference for good', as determined by his society, would be an evolutionary plus and be selected for.

It tells me what it tells me. You act like it tells me nothing.

You only think it's incomplete because you reject every other piece of evidence.
It tells you much about my creation but very little about me as the creator. You have taken creation and, using evidence not found in creation itself, have built a whole vision of the creator.

Forum List

Back