I ll give ole joey this one

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
I have been involved in numerous organized labor efforts over the years and I can speak from experience on the subject of employer retaliation.
It's real and it's nasty as all hell.

For a start up union the threat of job loss is imminent and very hard to fight against.

Unsuccessful efforts result in numerous dismissals and even successful one result in delayed targeting.

This is something that definitely needs more teeth..

Last edited:
I have been involved in numerous organized labor efforts over the years and I can speak from experience on the subject of employer retaliation.
It's real and it's nasty as all hell.

For a start up union the threat of job loss is imminent and very hard to fight against.

Unsuccessful efforts result in numerous dismissals and even successful one result in delayed targeting.

This is something that definitely needs more teeth..

Those are just the overt acts. The micro aggressions you receive are sometimes worse. Public sector is the absolute worst when it comes to retaliation because you are pretty much in a silo. The City of Houston, for example, doesn’t have a competitor. You could go to Harris County and do a similar job (city library vs. county library) but it isn’t like it is in hospitals where you can work for Humana, County Hospital, Banner, Anthem etc...

Those are just the overt acts. The micro aggressions you receive are sometimes worse. Public sector is the absolute worst when it comes to retaliation because you are pretty much in a silo. The City of Houston, for example, doesn’t have a competitor. You could go to Harris County and do a similar job (city library vs. county library) but it isn’t like it is in hospitals where you can work for Humana, County Hospital, Banner, Anthem etc...
Yeah I've had some classic battles with the Public sector. They can be real pricks.

Forum List

Back