How do we get 155 million people to stop voting for the ‘duopoly’ / ‘uniparty’?

We’ve heard it here a thousand times…..”stop voting for the duopoly”….“the parties are one and the same”….”there is no difference between the two parties”….etc etc
(Most don’t agree with that at all, most see at least one major difference between the parties.)
I’m sane enough to know that if I stop voting for the dupoly the duopoly will still win….That said, how can I be assured that my effort of ‘not voting’ will eventually pay off as others join in on the Don’t Vote coalition to prevent the duopoly from winning?
I don’t see any number of sane people ever being willing to take the chance. The only way this would work is if all 155 million stopped voting for the duopoly at the exact same time… How do we make that happen….are we just fantasizing?
I think it’s a long shot of that ever happening. The two party system is entrenched.

The problem with introducing a 3rd party is that nobody would vote for them because it would split the party and cause them to lose the election

It would have to be a candidate that both parties could get behind or we’d have to allow 2 alternate parties, one for each side.

I think it’s a long shot of that ever happening. The two party system is entrenched.

The problem with introducing a 3rd party is that nobody would vote for them because it would split the party and cause them to lose the election
Right. That's why we need ranked choice voting. It does away with that effect.

Not this time.....
A wasted vote is a sad thing... but a wasted vote when we have a tyrant in office like Biden is just plain stupid... if you want Biden gone you must vote for Trump not some fantasy candidate...
Nope.

Personally I've never heard that the "parties are one and the same". Maybe it's just another desperate left wing trick to detract focus on the deteriorating mental condition of the actual freaking POTUS

Probably, people will not vote against the duality parties that divide and conquer them. The people might vote for a program or a person, a serious alternative to this present, self-serving system of criminals.

Probably, people will not vote against the duality parties that divide and conquer them. The people might vote for a program or a person, a serious alternative to this present, self-serving system of criminals.
Do parties divide in conquer or does individual want and desire do that?

We’ve heard it here a thousand times…..”stop voting for the duopoly”….“the parties are one and the same”….”there is no difference between the two parties”….etc etc
(Most don’t agree with that at all, most see at least one major difference between the parties.)
I’m sane enough to know that if I stop voting for the dupoly the duopoly will still win….That said, how can I be assured that my effort of ‘not voting’ will eventually pay off as others join in on the Don’t Vote coalition to prevent the duopoly from winning?
I don’t see any number of sane people ever being willing to take the chance. The only way this would work is if all 155 million stopped voting for the duopoly at the exact same time… How do we make that happen….are we just fantasizing?
Self rule is not easy

What the duopoly haters want is not democracy but rather dictatorship of the middle

In their mind its the Tweeners way or nothing

Except when they sit on the sideline and complain about the process, the process goes on without them , and someone from the duopoly wins the election

But maybe thats not so bad for the chronic complainers

Because they get to say “we told you so” till the next election

Self rule is not easy

What the duopoly haters want is not democracy but rather dictatorship of the middle

In their mind its the Tweeners way or nothing

Except when they sit on the sideline and complain about the process, the process goes on without them , and someone from the duopoly wins the election

But maybe thats not so bad for the chronic complainers

Because they get to say “we told you so” till the next election
Yeah there’s our good little #1 Statist. You and Mussolini have much in common.

You know what they say my son about doing the same thing expecting a different result?

Last edited:

It would have to be a candidate that both parties could get behind or we’d have to allow 2 alternate parties, one for each side.

Anybody can run for President, unless they would rather spend the $500 million on something else. Even Kenyan communists can get elected here in the U.S.

Yeah there’s our good little #1 Statist. You and Mussolini have much in common.

You know what they say my son about doing the same thing expecting a different result?
Who says we're expecting different results? Biden is governing about how I imagined he would. :dunno:

Forum List

Back