How do we get 155 million people to stop voting for the ‘duopoly’ / ‘uniparty’?

And I'm saying it will make the existing situation worse not out of partisanship but simple mechanics of the system.
Well, you've offered no proof of that. The system now is a complete fucking shitshow, with each side regularly opposing good bills, or voting for bad, in the name of partisan score-keeping.

Well, you've offered no proof of that. The system now is a complete fucking shitshow, with each side regularly opposing good bills, or voting for bad, in the name of partisan score-keeping.

And to fix it you would need to go through the amendment process.

Anything else is not just a bandaid, but like adding salt to the wounds.

And to fix it you would need to go through the amendment process.
Not necessarily. But it requires the will to change it, in either case. And the majors don't want to change it. So, for the most part, we're going to have to overcome the lesser-of-two-evils scam first, before we can fix the broken voting system that supports i.
Anything else is not just a bandaid, but like adding salt to the wounds.
Sorta sounds like wanna fix it.

Not necessarily. But it requires the will to change it, in either case. And the majors don't want to change it. So, for the most part, we're going to have to overcome the lesser-of-two-evils scam first, before we can fix the broken voting system that supports i.

Sorta sounds like wanna fix it.

A starter fix to start would be Line item vetoes, stopping the slapping together of too many different things into one bill.

It would require an amendment, but since so many governors already have it, it's an easier stretch than changing the election cycles.

Them not passing anything isnt bad.

Less damage that way

Forum List

Back