Grammar? Science? Civics? General Knowledge?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't know why this simple fact is so difficult to understand.

I got an E-mail from the United States Postal Service this morning, telling me that...

"Your item is out for delivery on May 10, 2024 at 6:10 am in WEXFORD, PA 15090.

USPS expects to deliver your package today between 8:00am and 12:00pm."

There IS NO SUCH THING AS "12:00pm." Nor is there any such time as, "12:00am."

AM stands for "ante merideim" and PM stands for "post meridian." That is to say, BEFORE NOON, and AFTER NOON.

The patently ambiguous message from the USPS advises me that my package will arrive after 8 o'clock in the morning, but before noon in the morning. I'm glad it's not noon in the after-noon, that might require that I stay up late.

Why can't people and corporate entities say, "noon" and "midnight"? They have the respective advantages of being...I don't know...CORRECT!

The easiest know-how to say and notate midnight military time seems to stem from if it is the beginning or the start of the event.

If it is the beginning of the day, activity, or event then use 0000 (Pronounced: “Zero Hundred Hours” or “Midnight”).

If it is the end of the day, activity or event then use 2400 (Pronounced: “Zero Hundred Hours,” “Twenty Four Hundred Hours,” or “Midnight”).

I got an E-mail from the United States Postal Service this morning, telling me that...

AM stands for "ante merideim" and PM stands for "post meridian." That is to say, BEFORE NOON, and AFTER NOON.

The patently ambiguous message from the USPS advises me that my package will arrive after 8 o'clock in the morning, but before noon in the morning. I'm glad it's not noon in the after-noon, that might require that I stay up late.

Why can't people and corporate entities say, "noon" and "midnight"? They have the respective advantages of being...I don't know...CORRECT!
Have you always been so anal?
Sit down, relax, have a beer and your package will eventually arrive

Stop being stupid ...........

Forum List

Back