Gov. Abbott Pardons Sgt. Perry After Killing BLMer with an AK-47

I appreciate your position on guns and the case. But, if you look at every pardon done by a President or Governor involving a person found guilty of a crime in the judicial process, a pardon is just that…. An override of the jury verdict.
Most pardons I know off, are an act of clemency, either for those that have been punished to harshly, or to right an historical wrong. There have been those done for purely political or personal reasons, yet usually you won't find them being justified even by those of the same political party. Not in this case. Here it is wholeheartedly supported by those on the right and for one reason and one reason only. The victim was participating in a BLM protest. That's it. The whole reason. Meaning the justification for the pardon of MURDER is that you don't like the cause the victim was protesting for. You admitted as much. I dare you to claim you would have defended the protester if he would have killed Perry when he was driving at him. You wouldn't have... period.

I want you to really think through that position. You are defending murder because you didn't like the cause of the person who was murdered.

You don't. And it wasn't aimed at him. Don't take my word for it. Take Perry's in post 57.

What the fact does is question the credibility of the actual threat. It is used in conjunction with other evidence. Like eyewitness testimony, past behavior of the defendant and previous statements of the defendant. It's used to create a consistent story for the jury to overcome the beyond reasonable doubt requirement in a criminal trial.
I saw the video in that post where he said he did not want to chance the guy lifting the gun and shooting. What was he supposed to do, let the guy shoot him? Cops will not and should not wait for a perp to fire a them first. If you are ever holding a gun and are confronted by law enforcement, your best chance of NOT getting shot is to drop the weapon and comply completely.

He was being assaulted and in fear of his life

If it hadnt happened in Austin he would have been ok
Again, statically there were 3 Republicans on that jury in Austin. The chances there were none is .03. It takes only one to hang the jury, yet he was found GUILTY.

I saw the video in that post where he said he did not want to chance the guy lifting the gun and shooting. What was he supposed to do, let the guy shoot him? Cops will not and should not wait for a perp to fire a them first. If you are ever holding a gun and are confronted by law enforcement, your best chance of NOT getting shot is to drop the weapon and comply completely.
If you want to claim self-defense the gun has to aimed at the person. And he wasn't law enforcement. He was a guy in a car.

Again, statically there were 3 Republicans on that jury in Austin. The chances there were none is .03. It takes only one to hang the jury, yet he was found GUILTY.
The judge allowed in all the texts.

In other words you want him convicted and jailed his whole life because of his political views and belief in the right to defend oneself.
Nope I want him convicted because he SHOT A GUY. Just like I would have wanted that same guy convicted if it was a stop the steal protest, and the roles were reversed.

If you go out with the intention of shooting a person for his political beliefs as was determined by this jury you deserve to go to jail, just like any other murderer.

The state board recommended the pardon, the governor cannot do it on his own.

Funny how BJ Clinton can pardon all his criminal buddies and that isn’t an abuse of power.

It’s laughable to see you lefties act like you care about abuse of power. Biden is the most corrupt piece of shit to ever occupy the White House. His whole family is rich because they receive bribes from China and Ukraine.
What Clinton did was reprehensible. Don't try to make an appeal to hypocrisy with me. I don't adjust my principles according to party affiliation. That's what you guys do.

We dont know if any repubs were on the jury

If you want to claim self-defense the gun has to aimed at the person. And he wasn't law enforcement. He was a guy in a car.
You mean the target has to be lined up in the sights and the bullet on its way

No reasonable person would think so if they are the the ones being assaulted

No, there are many cases where perps were shot not pointing a weapon. If an officer has probable cause to believe that a suspect poses a threat of serious injury, it is constitutionally permissible to shoot.
Again A COP. HE WAS NO COP.

You mean the target has to be lined up in the sights and the bullet on its way

No reasonable person would think so if they are the the ones being assaulted
No just pointed in the general direction. Perry showed and stated this wasn't the case.

No we don't. We also don't know there were any Democrats. What you can do is calculate probabilities. I did. Again .03 chance there were none.
I allowed one republican

But in deep blue Austin chances are she’s still a lib

No just pointed in the general direction. Perry showed and stated this wasn't the case.
He pointed in the direction he was moving to

Which was toward Perry

He and the other Black LIES Matter protestors were threatening Perry

Some want us to the point that a party who won’t stop MUST point the gun at you and can’t be merely carrying it in a hand or fully in view holster as they continue to approach

I allowed one republican

But in deep blue Austin chances are she’s still a lib
Let me list all the assumptions you are making. First you assume that a statistical probability of 3 is actually an unlucky 1, while it can just as easily be 5. Then you assume that one is not an actual Republican but a Democrat in disguise. Lastly you assume that ALL 12 would choose not to judge the actual facts, but let the verdict be ruled to allegiance to BLM/Democrats.

Let me give you a much more likely explanation. Perry was found guilty because after careful consideration of all the fact, what he did was murder.

Most pardons I know off, are an act of clemency, either for those that have been punished to harshly, or to right an historical wrong. There have been those done for purely political or personal reasons, yet usually you won't find them being justified even by those of the same political party. Not in this case. Here it is wholeheartedly supported by those on the right and for one reason and one reason only. The victim was participating in a BLM protest. That's it. The whole reason. Meaning the justification for the pardon of MURDER is that you don't like the cause the victim was protesting for. You admitted as much. I dare you to claim you would have defended the protester if he would have killed Perry when he was driving at him. You wouldn't have... period.

I want you to really think through that position. You are defending murder because you didn't like the cause of the person who was murdered.
I’ve acknowledged the political factor. The fact remains that a protester carrying a gun approached the car. Why? Was he trying to help Perry get turned around safely to go away from the protest?? There are plenty of protests from 2020 where a car and driver inadvertently turned into a protest in the streets, and the car and driver were assaulted; and, in one case, the driver was pulled from the vehicle and beaten to death.

Now, I want you to honestly say that if you turned into a protest, a protester with a gun was approaching your car without any verbal communication backed by a mob of people and you have access to a gun, that you are going to not even consider using the gun to save your life or that you would not feel threatened.

If Perry drove up to a BLM protest where everyone was assembled peacefully and Perry got out of the car and shot the protestor carrying the gun, I would agree with your position and consider the pardon unethical.

Forum List

Back