Gov. Abbott Pardons Sgt. Perry After Killing BLMer with an AK-47

Stupidity is blocking a public road and trying to intimudate anyone who comes near it.
Not answering. DOES STUPIDITY JUSTIFY MURDER? This is by no means a hard question. I've asked it half a dozen times by now. Why do you refuse to answer?

Good!

It as the right thing to do after a far left prosecutor, in a far left city prosecuted him. 🤔 Sounds familiar.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Thursday issued a pardon for Daniel Perry, an Army sergeant who was convicted of murder for fatally shooting a Black Lives Matter (BLM) protester in 2020.
In April, a jury found Perry guilty of murdering Garrett Foster during a July 2020 protest in Austin, Texas. The jury did not find him guilty of an aggravated assault charge.
Perry was sentenced to 25 years in prison, and Abbott asked the state’s parole board to review the case expeditiously. Perry’s conviction and sentencing have angered conservatives, who say he was acting out of self-defense.
The board, appointed by the governor, announced its unanimous recommendation to pardon Perry, and Abbott’s proclamation followed, The Associated Press reported.
In a statement Thursday, the governor said Texas has one of the strongest “Stand Your Ground” laws of self-defense.
The proclamation grants Perry a full pardon and “restoration of full civil rights of citizenship.” Abbott thanked the review board for its unanimous decision.

It is so refreshing to see real justice done. Nobody should EVER go to jail or otherwise suffer consequences for defending themselves even if they are forced to use lethal force to do that.

BS comparison.

Dont play in the road and threaten others.

Hes PARDONED. GAME OVER.

Oh I wrote much the same. He is Pardoned, and that is that. However, the appropriateness of the Pardon will be debated for years. And that is appropriate. The judgement and wisdom of our political leaders is certainly grounds for debate isn’t it?

Oh I wrote much the same. He is Pardoned, and that is that. However, the appropriateness of the Pardon will be debated for years. And that is appropriate. The judgement and wisdom of our political leaders is certainly grounds for debate isn’t it?
And we are right now. I dont agree he committed murder

Not answering. DOES STUPIDITY JUSTIFY MURDER? This is by no means a hard question. I've asked it half a dozen times by now. Why do you refuse to answer?
Threatening bodily harm/threatening somebody's life is justification for self defense even with lethal force. Even if such threats are stupid.

That conflicting testimony and interpretation was resolved when the jury said guilty. This while being provided by with all relevant evidence. So I ask again. Does your opinion of the unlawfulness of their actions justify murder?
Juries can get it wrong. The difference in today’s culture is there are left-wing fanatics on juries in America. It’s a new thing that did not exist in the civilized past even 10 years ago.

The law system brought us Justice in this case. Don’t you see why because in the end of it all Perry was pardoned, and he is out of prison. It was already explained to you by numerous posters that Perry is innocent.

Don’t be like bloodthirsty Lefties my friend… Who based on political ideologies and BLM mobs believe that good patriotic people should go to jail to languish for a long time for no good reason.

I dont agree. BLM actions caused the issue
I don't really care to what you agree. None of it is close to an answer to my question.

At this point I'll put you out of your misery. The correct response to a question you can't really answer without sounding like an idiot is conceding the point. In this case your best response would be. "No, stupidity doesn't justify murder, but since it wasn't murder, the question is irrelevant." It allows the conversation to move forward without you obviously conceding a point.

Since you didn't do that I'll simply consider you an idiot and move on.

I don't really care to what you agree. None of it is close to an answer to my question.

At this point I'll put you out of your misery. The correct response to a question you can't really answer without sounding like an idiot is conceding the point. In this case your best response would be. "No, stupidity doesn't justify murder, but since it wasn't murder, the question is irrelevant." It allows the conversation to move forward without you obviously conceding a point.

Since you didn't do that I'll simply consider you an idiot and move on.
Bye

Juries can get it wrong. The difference in today’s culture is there are left-wing fanatics on juries in America. It’s a new thing that did not exist in the civilized past even 10 years ago.

The law system brought us Justice in this case. Don’t you see why because in the end of it all Perry was pardoned, and he is out of prison. It was already explained to you by numerous posters that Perry is innocent.

Don’t be like bloodthirsty Lefties my friend… Who based on political ideologies and BLM mobs believe that good patriotic people should go to jail to languish for a long time for no good reason.
A jury needs 12 people to agree to a guilty verdict in order to convict. The chance of that happening in a city that voted for Trump at 27 percent is .03. This assuming it's only left-wing people and ALL left-wing people who would forget about the law and simply vote ideology. A HUGE ASSUMPTION.

Last edited:
Only problem with that statement is that he wasn't threatened... by his own admission
"Perry told police that Foster threatened him by raising the barrel of his rifle at him, so he shot him five times with a.357 revolver through the window of his car before driving away."

By the way, the BLM guy pointed an AK-47 at him.

"Perry told police that Foster threatened him by raising the barrel of his rifle at him, so he shot him five times with a.357 revolver through the window of his car before driving away."

By the way, the BLM guy pointed an AK-47 at him.
Did he? Post 57, 37 second in. Perry didn't claim it, in his original interrogation?

Did he? Post 57, 37 second in. Perry doesn't claim it?
The review board believed he was threatened and justified in believing his life was in danger. That's enough for me. I don't much care what spin a biased and 'woke' media puts on it that would defend the AK-47 wielding guy as a 'victim.' Under the same circumstances if I had access to a weapon, I shoot. I think you might also.

The review board believed he was threatened and justified in believing his life was in danger. That's enough for me. I don't much care what spin a biased and 'woke' media puts on it that would defend the AK-47 wielding guy as a 'victim.' Under the same circumstances if I had access to a weapon, I shoot. I think you might also.
I'm not talking about any media. I'm talking about the footage of his original interrogation. You can look at it and hear what he said himself.

Forum List

Back