Garage sale gun find - Well almost

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
So the little town I live in is having a city-wide garage sale this weekend. I pulled up to one of them, got out, and looked around. I asked the guy there, "Hey, do you have any guns?"

Guy: I have a pistol I'd sell.

Me: Well bring it out, let's look at it.

Guy goes in the house and a couple minutes later, he comes out with a zippered pistol case. He opens in up and inside is a minty 1960's Stoeger Luger pistol, in .22 LR.

Me: What are you trying to get for it?

Guy: I don't know. How much is it worth?

Me: I don't know. What would you have to have for it?

Guy: How much are you offering?

Me: How a hundred dollars?

At this point, the guy's wife who has been talking to some guy parked at the curb says "Let me ask my friend there. He knows about guns."

After a minute, the girl says that her friend just offered them $150 for it. I knew right then I was becoming involved in a trick to drive the price up, so I said "No thanks, I'll pass."

I went on to a couple more sales before I went back to the one that had the pistol. Pulling up to the curb and rolling down my widow, I yelled "Did you sell the pistol to that guy"?

Guy's wife: No, he hasn't come back yet, but he said he'd give $150 for it.

Me: Well let me tell you, that pistol is worth about $450. You're being taken to the cleaners.

Then I drove off. I bet the other guy came back with $150 and they wouldn't sell it.:laughing0301:

It looked about like this one:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1043212288

pix955384306.jpg

If I knew it was worth $450, I would have offered the $150.

Just a well as they were a pretty crappy "pot-metal" POS.....Good consignment fodder for those that don't know any better though. ;)

Oddly enough Stoeger sold a very nice sporting holster for them.

OIP.1LwHHOYBsO3O9rU1oz6vBQHaHB

They also imported "American Eagle" real commercial Lugers with a flapped holster.

Just a well as they were a pretty crappy "pot-metal" POS.....Good consignment fodder for those that don't know any better though. ;)

Oddly enough Stoeger sold a very nice sporting holster for them.

OIP.1LwHHOYBsO3O9rU1oz6vBQHaHB

They also imported "American Eagle" real commercial Lugers with a flapped holster.

I wasn't going to pay more than $100 dollars for it. Not really too fond of that toggle action on those, they tend to have feeding problems.

So the little town I live in is having a city-wide garage sale this weekend. I pulled up to one of them, got out, and looked around. I asked the guy there, "Hey, do you have any guns?"

Guy: I have a pistol I'd sell.

Me: Well bring it out, let's look at it.

Guy goes in the house and a couple minutes later, he comes out with a zippered pistol case. He opens in up and inside is a minty 1960's Stoeger Luger pistol, in .22 LR.

Me: What are you trying to get for it?

Guy: I don't know. How much is it worth?

Me: I don't know. What would you have to have for it?

Guy: How much are you offering?

Me: How a hundred dollars?

At this point, the guy's wife who has been talking to some guy parked at the curb says "Let me ask my friend there. He knows about guns."

After a minute, the girl says that her friend just offered them $150 for it. I knew right then I was becoming involved in a trick to drive the price up, so I said "No thanks, I'll pass."

I went on to a couple more sales before I went back to the one that had the pistol. Pulling up to the curb and rolling down my widow, I yelled "Did you sell the pistol to that guy"?

Guy's wife: No, he hasn't come back yet, but he said he'd give $150 for it.

Me: Well let me tell you, that pistol is worth about $450. You're being taken to the cleaners.

Then I drove off. I bet the other guy came back with $150 and they wouldn't sell it.:laughing0301:

It looked about like this one:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1043212288

pix955384306.jpg
Dear Mr Salt ,
What caused your mental breakdown --take your time replying , old timer ?
You could have given $150-160 , made a quick sale --if necessary for $400 --, donated God's good bounty and made a few Palestinian families happy and salved your conscience .

Dear Mr Salt ,
What caused your mental breakdown --take your time replying , old timer ?
You could have given $150-160 , made a quick sale --if necessary for $400 --, donated God's good bounty and made a few Palestinian families happy and salved your conscience .

If I wasn't going to get it for cheap, I was going to make damned sure that other guy wasn't going to get it for $50 more than i offered.

Apparently you've never bid against any Amish at an auction. Those bastards will throw out frivolous bids just to drive the price up and keep you from winning.

Forum List

Back