Dow 40,000

I have to go to each fund and figure out gain over a chosen time frame. From APR2021 to APR2024 yes, ~10%. Cannot add in MAY a this time using their tool. Showing ~10% gain over 3 years or 3.5% per year on AVG?

1715971303825.png

Holy SheeatHouse! JohnHancock expects AVG Joe to go read (and understand? WTH? who has time or knowledge for that?) the fine print below the Gains or Losses RESULTS* statement? WOW!

*The performance data for a sub-account for any period prior to the sub-account Inception Date is hypothetical based on the performance of the underlying investment since inception of the underlying investment. All other performance data is actual (except as otherwise indicated). Returns for any period greater than one year are annualized. Performance data reflects changes in the prices of a sub-account's investments (including the shares of an underlying mutual fund, collective trust, or ETF), reinvestment of dividends and capital gains and deductions for the sub-account charges.

Amusing.

I will always root for a rising DJI and an ever-increasing stock market, which will make my retirement that much more comfortable.

Yet, those who said a President, or Trump, had no influence over the Stock Market; are now shilling for Biden having influence over the Stock Market.

Thats' great. Thank you. 25% over 4 years is about 6% per year as I said in the beginning. Barely better than my 4.5% cash.
I learned to read more carefully the charts and other BS I posted. I do sincerely mean to say thank you for your guidance.

Again, in an Employer 401K plan we are offered choices to put percentages into. What I know now is not the same as 4 year ago, It is hard to time the market. Back then a 50% drop seemed more than likely. But, I was wrong. But my account is safe and I have gains...........not as big as it could have been. My losses are now minimize more so going forward also.
I used to have a bunch of different funds but a few years ago I sold everything and just bought total market index fund. Thats it. Bonds, fixed income, real estate, all that stuff just costs money and doesnt perform. If you dont need the money for 20 years, don’t worry so much about “safety”. Youll do okay with any drop.

From 2017-2020 you purple hairs told us “the president has nothing to do with the stock market”.
Remember that?

From 2017-2020 you MAGA heads told us “the president has everything to do with the stock market”.

Remember that?

So which is it ‘moderate’?

The POTUS has very little impact on the stock market. Thus you will notice I never give them credit for it nor blame for it.

But, you will never be able to understand such thinking.

The POTUS has very little impact on the stock market. Thus you will notice I never give them credit for it nor blame for it.

But, you will never be able to understand such thinking.
What if a POTUS said “drill baby drill”…..could that drive energy stock up?

What if a POTUS said “drill baby drill”…..could that drive energy stock up?

No. We are already producing more oil than at any point in our history, the POTUS has very little to do with that either.

No. We are already producing more oil than at any point in our history, the POTUS has very little to do with that either.
hahaha…you don’t realize that stocks are driven by investor confidence which is driven by consumer confidence do you? You don’t realize that executive policy influences investor / consumer confidence do you?

You're doing okay so, fuck everybody else.

Gotcha
Get real. You guys on the internet mean nothing to me. I look around at the community, the town I live in, see the pace of commerce, the job openings, still trying to fill. This is different, bozo. I lived through the late 70s and all the 80s. There weren't many job openings, and the inflation was twice to three times as high for a decade. I was in the crash of 08 and 09, seeing the many factory closings, the people that lost homes. This is great, by any comparison, by anybody that saw it and lived through it, and still I did fine. Don't even ask me to cry for what I can't see, on the words of internet partisan nut-balls. It ain't happening.

hahaha…you don’t realize that stocks are driven by investor confidence which is driven by consumer confidence do you? You don’t realize that executive policy influences investor / consumer confidence do you?

Most investors are smart enough to know that the oil companies have more power than the POTUS. What the fuck do you think Trump is going to do, we are already producing more than at any point under Trump.

Most investors are smart enough to know that the oil companies have more power than the POTUS. What the fuck do you think Trump is going to do, we are already producing more than at any point under Trump

What the fuck do you think Trump is going to do, we are already producing more than at any point under Trump

Holy hell…I don’t know if you are becoming more left by the day or stupider by the day….probably both.
Oil production doesn’t mean shit if it’s not staying in the U.S.
Trump wouldn’t have blown up NordStream, he wouldn’t have ended the Keystone construction, he wouldn’t have said “I’m ending the need for fossil fuels”, he wouldn’t have wars all over oil producing countries. He would have kept our oil here and kept prices in order.

Holy hell…I don’t know if you are becoming more left by the day or stupider by the day….probably both.
Oil production doesn’t mean shit if it’s not staying in the U.S.

Wait, so you think that Trump is going to outlaw oil exports?

Trump wouldn’t have blown up NordStream,

Of course not, that would have made his master Putin mad at him

he wouldn’t have ended the Keystone construction,

you mean the pipeline that was going to carry Canadian oil?

he wouldn’t have said “I’m ending the need for fossil fuels”,

True, he would not have. But then the oil execs would have had nothing to laugh about.

He would have kept our oil here and kept prices in order.

So, again you think that Trump will outlaw oil exports? Do you think the Fed Govt should take over the oil industry to keep the oil here? That is the only way to stop them from exporting it

Wait, so you think that Trump is going to outlaw oil exports?

Of course not, that would have made his master Putin mad at him

you mean the pipeline that was going to carry Canadian oil?

True, he would not have. But then the oil execs would have had nothing to laugh about.

So, again you think that Trump will outlaw oil exports? Do you think the Fed Govt should take over the oil industry to keep the oil here? That is the only way to stop them from exporting it
Look, I can’t make you understand rudimentary shit like supply and demand. If you can’t connect the dots you are as fucked in the head as any other self-manipulated purple hair.

Trump could easily levy export tariffs on domestic producers.
Further, oil producers are selling oil harvested here to the highest bidder, if there were no wars and no talk of ending fossil fuels from the worlds largest consumer there would be no higher bidders.
Simple ass shit.

Meanwhile - the vast majority of Americans are suffering record increases in prices over the past 3 years.
Credit card debt increases is at an all time high.
Mortgage defaults are getting a bit scary.
People are struggling everywhere.

But - thank God the stock market is up!!!!!!!!!
You mean like...

1715979127858.png

Forum List

Back