CO2 helping to feed the planet

You're a partial believer, who at least doesn't believe in the lion's share, and the modern technology bit, etc....................... Nobody can work with that sort of qualification (s).
If you read the essay I linked you will see precisely how the world should work with that sort of qualification.

Projected Sea Level Rise Under Different SSP Scenarios​

Sea level change for SSP scenarios resulting from processes in whose projection there is medium confidence. Two low-confidence scenarios, indicating the potential effect of low-likelihood, high-impact ice sheet processes that cannot be ruled out, are also provided. Shaded ranges show the 17th-83rd percentile ranges. Projections are relative to a 1995-2014 baseline. The plot below shows the projection and uncertainties for 'Total Sea Level Change'. Data for the individual contributions can be downloaded under 'Get Data'.​

If you read the essay I linked you will see precisely how the world should work with that sort of qualification.
One major thing that bothers me is this became Political. It is not scientific. Politics rules the day. This is a lousy way to treat Climate that lasts at least 30 years.

One major thing that bothers me is this became Political. It is not scientific. Politics rules the day. This is a lousy way to treat Climate that lasts at least 30 years.
True major climate shifts on Planet Earth last at minimum a few centuries to a few millenia to millions of years. That is what makes true scientific prediction of when they will happen pretty much impossible. More inconsequential cooling and warming periods can span a few years to a several decades but this are just variances in weather trends and not the more long termed climate shifts.

I am quite certain the scientific data now would be presenting quite different conclusions if they had kept the politics out of it. According to an anthropologist and a couple of geologists I know, the IPCC Summary for Policy Makers that the nations use for their laws and edicts regarding combat climate change are not written by scientists but rather by political operatives.

That is probably why the IPCC has asked for authority with force of law to dictate measures to combat climate change.

Some of the doom and gloom is already arriving. Crops are failing for lack of water and sea levels are rising to drive people out of their homes.
Hint, Climate takes 30 or more years. This tells me they have had many decades of warning if what you claim is actually true. If they still are there when the Sea rises 3 feet, they should be called mentally ill.

Most of the denialists are trying to convince themselves that AGW and climate change are not happening. However, 'most' doesn't apply to this forum's members, on account of there being too many who can't think in deep enough terms to understand the facts.

While others, like our Ding for example, do understand and it results in him going on a learning binge with the purpose of finding enough negative evidence by bought and paid for science that can quiet his mind for the rest of the day. But his pseudo-science is never enough to allow him to stop throwing his frustration onto believers.

If it's not one source of frustration with these people, then religious beliefs throw another burden on their minds, with the struggle to believe the impossible fantasies of their religions.
Define denialists?

True major climate shifts on Planet Earth last at minimum a few centuries to a few millenia to millions of years. That is what makes true scientific prediction of when they will happen pretty much impossible. More inconsequential cooling and warming periods can span a few years to a several decades but this are just variances in weather trends and not the more long termed climate shifts.

I am quite certain the scientific data now would be presenting quite different conclusions if they had kept the politics out of it. According to an anthropologist and a couple of geologists I know, the IPCC Summary for Policy Makers that the nations use for their laws and edicts regarding combat climate change are not written by scientists but rather by political operatives.

That is probably why the IPCC has asked for authority with force of law to dictate measures to combat climate change.
No human has ever experienced a climate anything

I judge you never admitted what science calls climate by admitting it is measured in science as 30 year periods to qualify as climate. Climate definitely lasts longer than 30 years so I speak of minimums as decided by scientists. It is not my definition.

Hurricanes are short, cover small areas and are not long lasting to the point they are climate. Even the paths vary a hell of a lot.

Which scientists are you listen to? ... Atmospheric Scientists use the 100 year average minimum ... 9 solar cycles, 14 El Ninos, not to mention irregular cycles ... we want something to compare to other centuries, and thus discern any changes, so we do the best we can to "average out" all these decade-to-decade changes ...

Otherwise you're faced with a period of global cooling 1880-1910, warming from 1910-1940, then cooling 1940-1980, and the current episode of warming 1980-2020 ... whereas carbon dioxide rose through all four intervals ... that's a correlation of coin-flipping ... and of course is refuted by the 10,000 year intervals which predict very slow cooling, with numerous ups-and-downs ... "coin-flipping" ...

Hurricanes are a part of New Orleans' climate ... Humid Sub-tropical ... every place form Nicaragua to Newfoundland is subject to hurricanes ... once every century? ... a change in climate means no hurricanes ... how silly is that? ...

Which scientists are you listen to? ... Atmospheric Scientists use the 100 year average minimum ... 9 solar cycles, 14 El Ninos, not to mention irregular cycles ... we want something to compare to other centuries, and thus discern any changes, so we do the best we can to "average out" all these decade-to-decade changes ...

Otherwise you're faced with a period of global cooling 1880-1910, warming from 1910-1940, then cooling 1940-1980, and the current episode of warming 1980-2020 ... whereas carbon dioxide rose through all four intervals ... that's a correlation of coin-flipping ... and of course is falsify by the 10,000 year intervals which predict very slow cooling, with numerous ups-and-downs ...

Hurricanes are a part of New Orleans' climate ... Humid Sub-tropical ... every place form Nicaragua to Newfoundland is subject to hurricanes ... once every century? ... a change in climate means no hurricanes ... how silly is that? ...
If you are 30, you experienced climate. If you are 60 years or more, you too. In fact I listen to several groups of scientists. First those whose goals not to scare me half to death. I do not like scientists who really fake it. When Scientists tell me that I am the cause of climate, I go what? Me? If they say clouds cause climate, they have my rapt attention since as a Pilot that fits what the Feds taught me. They did not put into books I am causing climate.

Want to know what causes climate, I will tell you.

By scientists.

What are the Five Major Parts of the Climate System?​

The climate of an area is largely due to the interaction and characteristics of a region's climate system. The five major parts of a climate system are:
  • Atmosphere (air)
  • Hydrosphere (water)
  • Cryosphere (ice/snow)
  • Lithosphere (land)
  • Biosphere (living things)

I should have said to be climate, the accurate measurements are from a minimum of 30 years and not made any impression it ends at 30 years. And you speak with an intelligent approach. Very well said by you and supported by me.

Hurricanes should not factor in at all. They are local weather. We must admit that not everything is climate. Climate lasts at a minimum for 30 years. Hurricanes never last more than weeks at most.

Many of the doomers are interested in unreliable "green energy" but
are scared of reliable nuclear.
It astonishes a citizen of the us when Democrats put a stop to nuclear. But they do not mind windmills that typically can't operate with no wind there.

If you are 30, you experienced climate. If you are 60 years or more, you too. In fact I listen to several groups of scientists. First those whose goals not to scare me half to death. I do not like scientists who really fake it. When Scientists tell me that I am the cause of climate, I go what? Me? If they say clouds cause climate, they have my rapt attention since as a Pilot that fits what the Feds taught me. They did not put into books I am causing climate.

Want to know what causes climate, I will tell you.

By scientists.

What are the Five Major Parts of the Climate System?​

The climate of an area is largely due to the interaction and characteristics of a region's climate system. The five major parts of a climate system are:
  • Atmosphere (air)
  • Hydrosphere (water)
  • Cryosphere (ice/snow)
  • Lithosphere (land)
  • Biosphere (living things)

Those lesson are for 16-year-old children ... really? ...

You said you listen to scientists, but you didn't say what kind of scientist ... what do you mean "experience climate"? ... climate is statistics, something calculated ... how does one experience a 100-year average? ...

The climate system is Navier/Stokes ... and thermodynamics ... follow the energy ...

Most of the denialists are trying to convince themselves that AGW and climate change are not happening. However, 'most' doesn't apply to this forum's members, on account of there being too many who can't think in deep enough terms to understand the facts.

While others, like our Ding for example, do understand and it results in him going on a learning binge with the purpose of finding enough negative evidence by bought and paid for science that can quiet his mind for the rest of the day. But his pseudo-science is never enough to allow him to stop throwing his frustration onto believers.

If it's not one source of frustration with these people, then religious beliefs throw another burden on their minds, with the struggle to believe the impossible fantasies of their religions.
Are you sure that you aren't the one frustrated here? Cause it seems like you are the one crying.

Those lesson are for 16-year-old children ... really? ...

You said you listen to scientists, but you didn't say what kind of scientist ... what do you mean "experience climate"? ... climate is statistics, something calculated ... how does one experience a 100-year average? ...

The climate system is Navier/Stokes ... and thermodynamics ... follow the energy ...
name one climate scientist!! And I'll show you someone who did something else as a career ahead of being a climate scientist. I'm still awaiting the definition of a climate scientist.

Forum List

Back