Brazen’ Florida Shoplifter Sentenced to 30 Years After Rejecting 3-Year Plea Deal for Stealing $20,000 Worth of Designer Sunglasses

Interesting. Thanks for looking it up. I wasn't sure exactly how.

States following the 30% before eligible should have longer mandates in their laws, and build more prison infrastructure and staffing to lessen overcrowding. Prisons are part of the costs to keeping normal citizens, safe from the lawless, often dangerous criminal element. I do not look at prison as correctional, as it rarely corrects. I look at it as punishment for crime and keeping them locked up, protecting society from their presence. When convicted, they have proven themselves a detriment, if not an outright danger to society and deserve to serve their time.
Prison doesn't seem to work as a deterrent. Maybe try what Muslim countries do, amputate a hand.

As for $20k. Maybe at retail but probably cost price is ten bucks from China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Thanks for looking it up. I wasn't sure exactly how.

States following the 30% before eligible should have longer mandates in their laws, and build more prison infrastructure and staffing to lessen overcrowding. Prisons are part of the costs to keeping normal citizens, safe from the lawless, often dangerous criminal element. I do not look at prison as correctional, as it rarely corrects. I look at it as punishment for crime and keeping them locked up, protecting society from their presence. When convicted, they have proven themselves a detriment, if not an outright danger to society and deserve to serve their time.

The only problem with prison not having any actual "correctional" capabilities, even limited, means its purely punishment. Since 95% of all inmates will be released back into society at some point, and being unemployed is the number 1 reason inmates reoffend, it would be better if we treated prison as more of a chance to rehab someone back into a productive citizen of society and give lucrative tax breaks to anyone willing to hire them right out of prison.

The only problem with prison not having any actual "correctional" capabilities, even limited, means its purely punishment. Since 95% of all inmates will be released back into society at some point, and being unemployed is the number 1 reason inmates reoffend, it would be better if we treated prison as more of a chance to rehab someone back into a productive citizen of society and give lucrative tax breaks to anyone willing to hire them right out of prison.
Some, no doubt, are rehabilitated, but it sounds like a minority, with many coming out, worse than they went in.

Prison doesn't seem to work as a deterrent. Maybe try what Muslim countries do, amputate a hand.

As for $20k. Maybe at retail but probably cost price is ten bucks from China.
depending on the brand of glasses . there are real expensive ones out there upwards to 100 bucks a pair.

Perhaps the misery of the punishment will serve as a deterrent? Give them the "I don't want to go back inside" motivation.

Sell them on Amazon. Those large cases of retail theft are really instances or organized crime using young idiots like crack dealers do. They offered her a plea and she refused. I'm okay with what comes next. What I have an issue with are idiots like you who love to see justice in these cases but when Rick Scott's company commits billions in Medicare fraud you not only don't convict him of anything, you keep electing him to office. Explain that one to me.
why do you elect the forever war Ukraine war dum dums?

why do you elect the forever war Ukraine war dum dums?
What? Are you asking me why I support the Ukraine war? I'm not Ukrainian. I don't actually give a shit if they fight or surrender to Russian imperialism but while they are resisting why not help them? It isn't costing us much in the grand scheme of things to keep Russia bogged down in and endless war.

being unemployed is the number 1 reason inmates reoffend,

Where did you get that idea?

People just like to commit crimes, the fact that someone may be out of work doesn't force them to reoffend.

In fact, being employed can give criminals more opportunities to reoffend. They can meet up with co-workers and peddle drugs to them if they are working.

If an ex-con is working at a child care center, he'll come in with more opportunities to molest children, not fewer.

What? Are you asking me why I support the Ukraine war? I'm not Ukrainian. I don't actually give a shit if they fight or surrender to Russian imperialism but while they are resisting why not help them? It isn't costing us much in the grand scheme of things to keep Russia bogged down in and endless war.
you're fucked up.

Where did you get that idea?

People just like to commit crimes, the fact that someone may be out of work doesn't force them to reoffend.

In fact, being employed can give criminals more opportunities to reoffend. They can meet up with co-workers and peddle drugs to them if they are working.

If an ex-con is working at a child care center, he'll come in with more opportunities to molest children, not fewer.
black people and illegals do it because they think there entitled too, owed something. the few caucasions who do it are on drugs or out food stamps usually.

She's not the first person to get X10 for tuning down a plea bargain. It's called a bargain for a reason.

You can't rehab a person against his or her desire. Just like you can't rehab a drug user of alcoholic against their will. Criminals commit crimes because it's easier than working and the punishment IF they are caught is minimal. Make prison a very un-pleasant place that actually punishes inmates and they will not want to return.

Forum List

Back