Best Drummer Of All time.

Q: What do you call the guy who hangs around with musicians?

A: The drummer.

If there is a "best drummer", his name is Vinnie Colaiuta.

Close: Steve Gadd, Dave Weckl, Billy Cobham, Chad Wackerman, Terry Bozzio.

I stuck to living drummers.

Was Buddy Rich the best drummer of all time, in my opinion he was, and that includes the great Rock drummers later on, and there have been some very good ones, but Buddy Rich was on another level.

I personally find polyrhythms to be trickier. Its one thing to have hands working together, its entirely different when each hand and foot is on its own rhythm.

Just click play. It goes right to the part. Keep watching what he does. I cant fathom how a human brain can process this.

Was Buddy Rich the best drummer of all time, in my opinion he was, and that includes the great Rock drummers later on, and there have been some very good ones, but Buddy Rich was on another level.

Lot depends on the era, the genre, and such.

For sheer innovation it's gotta be John Bonham

Fastest feet gonna be Hydeki Aoyama (sp?)

For the ability to do damn near anything ya gotta go with Phil Collins

1714852974262.png

His name was Urg.

He was born in 4012 BC and even the dinosaurs danced to his intoxicating rhythms.

Last edited:

There are many many good ones but I go way back and still think there are none who can really rival Gene Krupa

Or the legendary Mel Taylor of the Ventures:

Forum List

Back