Are administrators purposely throttling VPN connections?

Because of all of the web site I go on, this is the ONLY web site that runs like a two-stroke weed whacker motor and the ONLY web site that freezes and kicks me a couple dozen times a day.

I don't have this problem with any other web site I visit except for this one specifically.

It's been that way for the last couple of weeks, at least.

elchorizo

Thanks!
Why use a dynamic VPN?
Surely you have other options....unless...

Why use a dynamic VPN?
Surely you have other options....unless...

I'll figure it out.

It's already booted my connection like four times since I logged in.

So I went to a bunch of other web sites and it didn't happen.

I even went to a different political forum that uses the same exact software and it didn't happen.

The minute I logged back in here, though? Boom....

I'll figure it out.

I even went to a different political forum that uses the same exact software and it didn't happen.

Hummmm
Well just because the platform is the same doesn't mean that the Admin has not added "add ons" for security software. EVERY PLATFORM has a lot of potential add ons that can have various functions.

Hummmm
Well just because the platform is the same doesn't mean that the Admin has not added "add ons" for security software. EVERY PLATFORM has a lot of potential add ons that can have various functions.
I sent some crash reports to the VPN techs to try to look for a potential conflict.

Even though it didn't technically crash.

There are no Bobs. :(

Bobs.jpg

We need Bobs!

I'll figure it out.

What you need to do is log off, change your IP, and browse the site without logging in. If it flies like a homesick eagle, but as soon as you log in, it starts acting up, that's something you can work with.

What you need to do is log off, change your IP, and browse the site without logging in. If it flies like a homesick eagle, but as soon as you log in, it starts acting up, that's something you can work with.

Already did that. That was actually the first thing I did.

As I said, though, I'll figure it out. I'm a network guy. It's what I do. Well...one of the things I do anyway. Ha...

I don't think you're being targeted, I was considering starting a thread to see if anyone else is using Safari as a browser and having things freeze up on you periodically, I sometimes switch to Firefox and don't seem to have the same problem with that. Refreshing the page does nothing, you have to close it and then reopen it. Sometimes Apple products don't work well on certain websites, but maybe this issue is just this website.

Change your forum skin and see if it stops.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page where it says "style chooser'' and you can change it there.

A couple of these skins have some quirks, I've noticed. Dunno if they're official skins from the forum software vendor or some third party ones, though. But theyre the kind of quirks that indicate that they clearly haven't been tested very thoroughly.

Haven't yet looked for any elements on a page that may or may not be affected by element hiding filters. Should probably try that and see what's what.

Thing is, when it happens, it just behaves ilke it's manually being done. Now I'm not saying that it is or isnlt. Just that it behaves in a way that would indicate that.

Last edited:
^^ Cool, I kinda like "Ryzer" better, at least for now.

That's the one I'm testing now.

So far I haven't got that endless green bars up in the top, right-hand corner that freeze the web site.

Oh, wait, nm. I'm still geting them as I type this.

Except that they're red now, lol...

Forum List

Back